Pelham, AL

Posted August 07, 2014
We have loved Valley so far. My daughter had a small issue at the beginning of her kindergarten year with another child on the bus (who was at the intermediate school) but it was handled and we haven't had any issues since. She has had great teachers and loves school! I love the diversity of the school and the great teachers. Her kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Traynham, actually taught one of my friends in kindergarten! She clearly loves the children and made the first year of my daughter's school experience wonderful. Her first grade teacher, Mrs. Burns, was equally as wonderful. The art teacher, pe teachers, music teacher, and other ancillary staff are also awesome. I love that when we walk into the school and multiple staff members call my child by name and even know my name, even though I work and am hardly at the school. Valley is very personal and caring. We moved to Pelham from Cahaba Heights (Vestavia), and could not have been happier with our school experience so far.

Valley Elementary School 4

Posted August 02, 2013
Teachers are fantastic. My grandchildren very happy. We are all looking forward to a wonderful school year.

Valley Elementary School 2

Posted August 02, 2013
Will not allow parents to escort kids inside. Even on day 1 of kindergarten, children must be "dropped off" in the parking lot. Once inside, there is not adequate coverage by adults to be sure kids make it to class. My child has been deemed "tardy" several times, because although I dropped him off in plenty of time, my five year old was allowed to roam the halls and sit for long periods in the cafeteria without being re-directed. Attempted to discuss with now former principle, and I was immediately turfed out to the Vice Principle and the guidance counselor. Discussion with Vice principle regarding this issue and my concern of why school personnel were allowed to sign my child in at the office ended with unsatisfactory responses. As a matter of fact, I received a truancy notice citing my child's tardies, when in fact my child was not tardy, but effectively was lost after I brought the child to school. With a respected professional entering the position of new principle this year, I am hopeful things might improve. However, we are trying to sell our home to get out of this school zone. This new principle has quite a job ahead of her.

Valley Elementary School 1

Posted April 27, 2013
I was told by my teacher, Mrs. Goggins, in first grade that I was owned by the state and my teacher was my mother between the hours of 8am and 3pm Mon - Fri.

Valley Elementary School 2

Posted April 16, 2013
I am very upset with Valley! Everyday it just seems like my child is the devil and he is not he is a good kid he does talk alot, I am not sure of a child that does not. After all of the phone call's, I asked my son if he felt like he was being treated unfair and he clearly told me yes they are mean to him and I asked if other students were treated the same way he is being treated and he told me NO! I am tired of my child picked on, not just by students but also the teachers and office staff!

Posted March 21, 2011
These are questions. What percentage of the Special Ed students have ADHD? How can I find out more about what their process is. If a child has great Math skills, but is behind in reading, how is that ameliorated?

Posted July 17, 2010
My son attended Valley Elementary K-2 and he has had a wonderful experience. The music, PE, and Art programs are great, as well as the library. The teachers at Valley really care about their students. Parents are encouraged to be involved. Every time I visited Valley Elementary I saw happy, smiling faces on the students and the faculty. Great job, Valley Elementary!

Valley Elementary School 0

Posted May 27, 2009
It is a great school. Staff and teachers care kids. I like them. Thanks!

Valley Elementary School 0

Posted May 14, 2009
Well-rounded school. Teachers and administrators seem to be on top of it.

Posted July 28, 2008

Valley Elementary School
310 Opportunity Dr, Pelham, AL  35124
Last modified Valley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-2
Valley Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top