Bad
Good

Valley Intermediate School appears to be an excellent school. This is my first year to be associated with this school, but I have heard many excellent comments from others regarding teachers and faculty, curriculum and administration. The few times I have been in the school, the staff was very courteous and willing to answer any questions I had. The teachers with whom I have spoken were very friendly and interested in the students and their well-being. I look forward to the rest of this year and the remaining two years of being associated with Valley Intermediate and also look forward to being involved in any way that would be helpful to the school.

I am the one who wrote the comments below, unsatisfied with Valley Intermediate. My child finished the school year out and I have had a change of heart with Valley. I believe I was uninformed about alot of things I wrote about, therefore I had an opinion that was not truly justified. I ended up LOVING the school. I inquired about my concerns and am happy to say I was able to very contently lay them to rest. I started spending more time volunteering at school and I saw great things that I previously was unaware of. I really DO love Valley Elementary - my child did learn alot of things and was challenged.

I love the teachers at Valley Iintermediate School, but I am VERY unhappy with the curriculum. VIS do not give spelling tests to any class. And my child does not have homework - except to read anything for 20 minutes each night. And I'm not sure if that is even checked. My child is not challenged at all. In 3rd grade my child does subtraction problems. My child hasn't had a project to do, either. My child is not developing any study habits because my child has nothing to study. Is it so important that a school not fail the "No Child left behind" program that our children are not learning to their full potential? Other than the curriculum, I like the school, teachers and staff. It is a very nice and clean school.

My son is in third grade at VIS and he loves it! His teacher Mrs. Carey is wonderful. She cares about her students, and it shines through in everything she does. She really tries to make learning fun for her students. He is also in the GRC (gifted resources class) and enjoys it. My only real complaint about our school district is that the school district needs to be divided. It can take more than a 1/2 hour to drive to the school in the am and the bus comes at 6:30 am! Very early for K-5.

They are one of the top schools in the country! they are great!!!

The school is awesome. The teachers are great in 3rd/4th/5th/ grades. Highly recommand Ms Kettel.

Last modified Valley Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 3-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.