Pell City, AL

Posted August 08, 2014
A treasure among quality public elementary schools. PHENOMENAL staff, teachers and administrators. My children have been fortunate to attend Iola. Yours would be also.

Iola Roberts Elementary School 4

Posted July 13, 2011
IRE is a very loving environment run by an excellent principal and vice principal. The staff is committed to teaching the children and supporting the family unit. Recently, they have rezoned and added another class for each grade with all the renovations, there should be plenty of room. The building has been around for over 50 years and holds a great history, now it looks amazing. I am so proud that my kids (3rd, 2nd, and K5) are students at IRE!

Posted March 13, 2007
I am in Mrs. Eden's 5th grade class and let me tell you it is wonderful! We are getting ready for the SAT/ARMT which is not to far off. We are really learning what we need to know and our teachers show it to us with real life examples! I have been at IRES for 6 years and right now I am on crutches and when I first walked into school with my crutches about 10 people were offering to help me! The teachers don't go to hard on you but they can be strict! My little sister is in the 3rd grade and she loves it, plus my big sister still brags about her old teacher even though she is in 10th grade! I am in the Gifted Program, Choir, and I am the Peer Helper President.

Posted August 18, 2005
IRES is a great school. It is amazing how sweet the teachers are to all of the students. The staff works really well together. They really do a great job of making the children feel at home. It is a great learning facility. Mrs. Davis is great at solving any problems that may occur, she is very parent friendly!! We love IRES and look forward to the many more years there.

Posted August 04, 2005
We have moved alot and attended several different schools in the past. We have now been at ires for 5 yrs and i have had three children in this school. I can tell you from personal experience that this school is by far the best we have been in. The teachers truly do care about each and every student. The principal is fantastic and very receptive to both positive and negative feedback. I currently have two chidlren attending ires and they are more than happy. With the new school year now just a week away-they can't wait to go back to school. That says alot about a school. I absolutely trust and respect all of the staff at the school from the office staff, lunchroom workers & custodians to the principals, teachers and support staff. I feel blessed and lucky to have this school available to my family.

Posted September 10, 2004
My child has attended Iola Roberts Elementary for the past six years (K-5). I could not be more pleased by the academic quality of her education. Everyone from the principal to the custodian makes each child feel special and loved. Their test scores on state assessments are above the national average. I feel very blessed that my child has a school that they love to attend. Everyone has ownership of the students. I would give this school and its staff the highest rating possible.

Posted June 24, 2004
My son has been a student at Iola Roberts since First Grade. The teachers at Iola Roberts are fantastic. They have made the learning process enjoyable. He is dyslexic. The school has done everything they can to help him manage this problem. Ms. Jennifer and the Dyslexia Lab is a huge help. Ms. Dee and her group of teachers help to keep the kids that have little struggles on track and not allow them to fall behind. I have volunteered many hours at Iola Roberts as a parent and all of the staff (principal included) love those kids and the kids love them! Thanks for all you do for our kids! B.D.

Posted March 06, 2004
The remarks left by the parent concerning the principal of Iola Roberts Elementary obviously has no principles. The teachers and the principal are very concerned about a child's ability to excel. I know this firsthand because I am the facilitator of the Building Based Student Support Team and a 24 year veteran teacher at this school. Teachers must conference with all parents in October to report their child's progress. After a conference with the parent, children who are not progressing are brought before this team to develop interventions to help them succeed. We meet with the principal every six weeks to ensure progress is being made. If not, we try other interventions which must be discussed with the parent. We also have an school tutoring program for those who need extra help. However, if the child does not respond in a positive way to the interventions during the school year we as educators must consider retention if the child cannot perform the tasks required by that grade level. The teachers at this school do their job in a professional manner. Do parents really think if a child fails to learn it can only be the principal or the teacher's fault? Surely they cannot be that ignorant or can they? My school has a dedicated faculty and a caring principal. By allowing anonymous comments this site becomes a forum for malicious and deceitful untruths to be circulated like gossip and validity of the information from site should be questioned by the reader.

Posted March 06, 2004
Iola Roberts is a wonderful elementary school, and I challenge anyone to find a better one. The teachers work tirelessly to teach the children and provide for their needs. The administration is always there for the parents, also. If you visit this school, you will see happy children who are learning in a first class elementary school environment!

Iola Roberts Elementary School

Posted March 05, 2004
My daughter has attended IRES 1st-5th grade (she is currently in the 5th grade). My husband and I have been very impressed with IRES. The leadership, teachers and principal included, is exceptional. Our daughter is an accelerated learner, artistic, creative, and eager to learn. All of her teachers have put forth the extra effort to make sure that she learns to her potential. The art, music, and gifted programs are great, also. IRES is truly like a small community. All of the faculty and staff know each child by name and seem genuinely interested in their welfare. This atmosphere in nurtured by the principal. I would put this principal, faculty, and staff up against any in the state. R.N.

Iola Roberts Elementary School
810 Martin St North, Pell City, AL  35125
Last modified Iola Roberts Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Iola Roberts Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top