PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted June 21, 2016
Kindergarten was outrageous. Homework every night...sometimes until late. First grade was better. Second grade was too much again.

Develops grit: Agree

Posted June 21, 2016
I believe elementary students would learn more if they took more outdoor breaks. The children sit in class for far too long. They have too much homework.

Develops respect: Neutral

Posted June 21, 2016
Children are expected to respect adults. However...regarding children...Teasing and shunning is allowed to continue yearlong. Kindness is not enforced. Bullying is not reprimanded.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Victory Christian School 3

Posted June 21, 2016
I agree with the other reviews regarding bullying. My child has been treated like an outsider because one very popular student is allowed to direct his followers in name-calling and shunning. They are very young elementary. I've brought it to teachers' attention. Was dismissed saying they haven't witness it. Better curriculum than nearby public schools.

Victory Christian School 1

Posted September 28, 2015
The bullying is beyond ridiculous and the allowance of these actions is even worse. I honestly thought my child was getting a 'better' education being that it was private then we transferred and I find out in our local public school not only is there no bullying, but my child will have part of her college completed when she leaves high school in the medical field no less. Vcs does not offer this. And all of the staff are Christians at our public school. I have come across staff at Vcs that say they wouldn't send their own children there. When I was a child the private schools had a better education system, and you wanted to be apart of them. Now they are sub-par and for the socially awkward.

Develops honesty:
SCHOOL LEADER
We endeavor to address issues as quickly as possible and listen to both sides of stories before we make decisions. Our students are loved and affirmed in an environment where we value the presence of the Lord and the Word of God.
Posted July 16, 2015

Victory Christian School 5

Posted March 17, 2015
There is nothing I can say bad about this school. It says a lot about the education that the kids acquire when 90% of the kids who attend this school receives a scholarships at graduation. There is not a school in this area that comes close. I have never seen a school so inviting. The school wants active parents in all areas.

Victory Christian School 1

Posted August 29, 2014
This school is far from excellent. After leaving a constant bullying even physically hurt by others, my child has thrived at her new school. So much so that they will graduate with one full year of college done before they graduate high school. Something this school does not offer. The friends my children have gained don't put them down, yet instead lift them up. Something we never had at VCS, and my oldest is no longer coming home with bruises but with smiles.

Po Box 710, Pell City, AL  35125
Last modified Victory Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12