PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

My child attended Victory from third through eighth grades. To say it was a great experience would be a great distortion. When we moved from the area and enrolled in a public school her skills in math, history and science were below par with her peers, in addition to what her peers were expected to perform on a national level. Thanks to a lot of hard work she made it into all honors classes by her sophomore year. Her choices for college are numerous now and I couldn't be more proud of her. Had she remained at Victory I'm certain her college choices would be limited to a very narrow range of universities that also follow the ABeka style curriculum. Just a word of caution for parents who may want to expand their child's choices for higher learning. I might also add that Victory has a very Old Testament view of the world that does not teach children to be accepting of anyone who doesn't see the world through their own very rigid and myopic view of going through life.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Kindergarten was outrageous. Homework every night...sometimes until late. First grade was better. Second grade was too much again.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Teasing and shunning is allowed to continue yearlong. Kindness is not enforced. Bullying is not reprimanded.

I agree with the other reviews regarding bullying. My child has been treated like an outsider because one very popular student is allowed to direct his followers in name-calling and shunning. They are very young elementary. I've brought it to teachers' attention. Was dismissed saying they haven't witness it. Better curriculum than nearby public schools.

The bullying is beyond ridiculous and the allowance of these actions is even worse. I honestly thought my child was getting a 'better' education being that it was private then we transferred and I find out in our local public school not only is there no bullying, but my child will have part of her college completed when she leaves high school in the medical field no less. Vcs does not offer this. And all of the staff are Christians at our public school. I have come across staff at Vcs that say they wouldn't send their own children there. When I was a child the private schools had a better education system, and you wanted to be apart of them. Now they are sub-par and for the socially awkward.

Develops character:
SCHOOL LEADER
We endeavor to address issues as quickly as possible and listen to both sides of stories before we make decisions. Our students are loved and affirmed in an environment where we value the presence of the Lord and the Word of God.
Posted July 16, 2015

There is nothing I can say bad about this school. It says a lot about the education that the kids acquire when 90% of the kids who attend this school receives a scholarships at graduation. There is not a school in this area that comes close. I have never seen a school so inviting. The school wants active parents in all areas.

This school is far from excellent. After leaving a constant bullying even physically hurt by others, my child has thrived at her new school. So much so that they will graduate with one full year of college done before they graduate high school. Something this school does not offer. The friends my children have gained don't put them down, yet instead lift them up. Something we never had at VCS, and my oldest is no longer coming home with bruises but with smiles.

Victory Christian is an excellent school with great academics and Christian atmosphere. This school is a blessing to our family.

My grandson goes to this school and he loves it. It is really important to me that a school is not only excellent academically but a place the students want to attend.

Last modified Victory Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12