Bad
Good

I would not send my worst enemies kid to school at duran south. They cover the place with No Bullies and Zero tolerance signs but they are far from it. I have absolutely NOTHING good to say about this school! The building is in a terrible part of town(Ask the local PD) The staff well its no better than the location of the building! And you can forget talking with the principal cause he is never on school grounds or at least when I have stopped by to discuss issues that have troubled me. Drama and bullying between students is overwhelmingly BAD! but why would they stop if they never get into trouble for it. I know more families who are now homeschooling their children because of this school....Mine is next! One student I know of was given in school suspension for excessive talking while another student who was a common bully and trouble maker has yet to see any suspension or trouble. If you can help it DO NOT ALLOW YOUR CHILDREN TO GO TO THIS SCHOOL unless your ready to turn a happy child into a depressed child.

It's ok but I think that we need more asmeblies and i think that they should have some of the games during school hours so students can go to them because not every body has a way here in the evening time but my favorite teacher is Mr. Bloodsworth...........

Duran South provides a good transition from elementary school to junior high. Faculty and staff are very good and work hard to promote a positive learning experience. The location and building are not the most desirable but our overall experience was very good.

I am going into the 6th grade. I will be going here in the 2007-2008 school year. They had a open house and they let us see the school and meet some of the teacher. Plus we got to meet the principal Mrs. Costello. She is really nice!! I can't wait to go there in the fall.

I believe most of the comments left for Duran North were suppose to be left for Duran South. Parents are speaking of their children coming out of elementary school. The next step for students is Duran South. The comments left about the rudeness of the staff are geared toward Duran South. I have had several children go through this school. The school has a Positive Parents Work Day which is on Saturdays. It may be the only time that I am not given a hard time when I go in the building.

Last modified Duran South is a Public school that serves grade 7. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.