Phenix City, AL

Posted May 19, 2012
This is an excellent school! The teachers at this school seem to take a genuine interest in each and every child that they teach. I had my son's first grade teachers personal cell number and email address. I could send her a text anytime throughout the day and receive a response within ten minutes. I also had the school nurse's cell number because my son has to use his inhaler from time to time. He was out sick one day and the nurse and teacher both called to see how he was doing. I felt that the homework that my son was bringing home seemed to be a bit too much for a 1st grader to handle but he knew the work and was able to complete it with minimal help from me. All I had to do was check it when he was done. Needless to say he made straight A's the entire school year. The entire faculty at the school is excellent and they have the respect of the children and parents. If you're having doubts about sending your child to this school, go visit the school yourself and ask parents that actually have children that go to the school how it is.

Posted March 22, 2010

Posted January 04, 2010
I agree Mrs. Doresky and Mrs. Sanes are outstanding. They are very understanding of students needs. All of the teachers at Ridgecrest are top notch teachers.

Posted February 19, 2009
My son went to ridgecrest last year and he and I both loved it! It is a great school! We never had an issue of anyone being racist!! I wish we were still in that district so he could still go there instead of the school he is at now! I will be looking into returning him to Ridgecrest next year if I provide a ride to and from school for him!!

Posted November 18, 2008
Ridgecrest is wonderful school. My children love it there. I have found the teachers to really care about their students and keep open communication with parents. It's a great school with an open door policy. You can always drop by do check on your children. The teachers and principal encourage parent participation. What better way to stay informed about your child's education.

Ridgecrest Elementary School 4

Posted March 27, 2008
Both of my daughters attend Ridgecrest, they love it . So far every teacher they have had are wonderful, pre-k is wonderful, my 4 and 7year old loves thier teacher and classmates.

Ridgecrest Elementary School 4

Posted November 01, 2005
My child has attended ridgecrest for several years. They have had good and bad teachers. The special education department however is wonderful Mrs. Doressky and Mrs. Sanes really care about their students.They are always there to help me with any problems than I have with my child.

Posted July 28, 2004
This will be my child fourth year at Ridgecrest. I am thoroughly involved with my child school. I volunteer my time as a parent to be involved and to see what's going on. Ridgecrest has a great staff of teachers and the prinicipal is the best.

Posted January 10, 2004
I am a student at Ridgecrest Elementary,and I have had good times and bad! But I have lerned a lot at this school.I have been here since k-4 ,and I still like it Mrs.Trice is the best and nicest principal I have had yet!

Ridgecrest Elementary School 1

Posted October 06, 2003
Ridgecrest could use better teachers and especially a better P.E instructor, these kids are not little soldiers! Thier human beings with feelings! True, two parents here on the other comments might have had pleasent experiences with the Black white issue at Ridgecrest, but more parents and children have had bad experiencs than good. It is a shame when a child is made to feel being a certain color is something to be ashamed of or maybe your too fat, or have a zit on your face and the teachers don't even correct this problem amoung the students even when they hear it going on.

Ridgecrest Elementary School
1806 8th Placeso, Phenix City, AL  36869
Last modified Ridgecrest Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ridgecrest Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top