Posted November 14, 2014
Outstanding! As a military family now in our fourth school in six years we have some experience with elementary education. Sherwood Elementary exceeded even our most demanding expectations for teacher competence/care/involvement, overall administration, and general educational environment. All three of our children are excited to go to school in the morning which speaks volumes about the school. To say we'll be sorry to move away next year for our next duty assignment is an understatement.

Posted August 03, 2011
I love this school. The teachers are very patient, kind and caring. My kids have been going to this school since kindergarten and wouldnt have it any other way.

Posted September 07, 2009

Posted June 15, 2009
The teachers are professional and seem to really care about their studens. Very low teacher turnover at this school. The principal works well with his staff and parents. We have had a good experience so far.

Posted January 03, 2008
My husband (now 52 years of age) attended Sherwood; my children 27 & 24 attended Sherwood and now I have grandchildren at Sherwood. This is and always has been a fantastic school. I am proud of the staff and the students associated with this great school. On several occasions as a class chaperone or as a visitor for lunch, I have been made welcome and look forward to my next trip to your school. Mrs. Elleard's 1st grade class is a fantastic place to begin your education in our public school systems. She has such control of her students and they are able to view learning as the positive experience it is meant to be. At Christmas 2007, Mrs. Elleards 1st grade class made the cutest reindeer Christmas ornaments for our Christmas tree at the Southwest Branch of the public library. We will treasure them forever. Thank-You from our staff at the Southwest Library.

Posted September 26, 2007
So far, we love the school ! [Our son] loves it too. The teachers have been great since we recently moved from out of town and he has been accepted just as if he has been there since Kindergarten.

Sherwood Elementary School 0

Posted August 22, 2007
My son went to Sherwood right after leaving the Dept. of Defense schools. We then moved overseas, and we returned..right back to Sherwood. It is a family environment, and the best place for a transitioning military child. I would recommend Sherwood to anybody.

Posted June 25, 2007

Posted July 23, 2006

Posted April 22, 2005
Two of my daughters went to Sherwood for their Kindergarten and 3rd grade years. We moved back home after only a year of living in Phenix City. The biggest thing I missed about Phenix City, was the school! We are enrolled in a great school now (the same one I went to as a child), but I find myself consistantly telling everyone how Sherwood does things and believe it or not, our school has adopted several ideas I brought back with me from Sherwood. The teaching staff was great,the school was great, and never have I ever seen such parent involvement as at Sherwood. Their PTO is very involved with the school and I think that is a very big and important attribute to Sherwood's success. All I can say is: if you are looking into schools before you move to this area, DON'T WORRY! You've found the best! S.Moore

Sherwood Elementary School
906 Idle Hour Dr, Phenix City, AL  36867
Last modified Sherwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sherwood Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top