Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

What a great school! The teachers are curriculum driven and focused on helping all children to success. The administration is personable and cares about each individual student. No complaints, it's a great school for sure!

The entire faculty and staff are amazing. My child loves school because of his experience at Sherwood.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Awesome doesn't even come close to describing the teachers. They deserve so much credit. They go further than just "the second mile" in trying to teach students.

Amount of homework: Agree

I think the amount of homework is just right. Also, the occasional projects are good too. Our daughter is only in first grade though so I think the level of work is perfectly appropriate for her level.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The staff at Sherwood is very active in making sure students stay on track and conduct themselves in an appropriate manner. Staff regularly patrol the hallways and the Principal is constantly checking in with teachers to see if they need anything.

We love Sherwood so much. The teachers and staff are wonderful. Our daughters learning is awesome. Especially her reading. Her reading ability seems almost off-the-chart. In less than 2 years it's almost like we're all becoming family with the folks at the school. Teachers who don't even teach our daughter recognize and talk to her. I frequently find myself hanging out chit chatting or trying to find a way to help out somehow. All of us have developed wonderful friendships as well. I look forward to our daughter being a part of Sherwood for as long as possible. The only complaint I have is that the school only goes up to 5th grade.

Outstanding! As a military family now in our fourth school in six years we have some experience with elementary education. Sherwood Elementary exceeded even our most demanding expectations for teacher competence/care/involvement, overall administration, and general educational environment. All three of our children are excited to go to school in the morning which speaks volumes about the school. To say we'll be sorry to move away next year for our next duty assignment is an understatement.

I love this school. The teachers are very patient, kind and caring. My kids have been going to this school since kindergarten and wouldnt have it any other way.

The teachers are professional and seem to really care about their studens. Very low teacher turnover at this school. The principal works well with his staff and parents. We have had a good experience so far.

My husband (now 52 years of age) attended Sherwood; my children 27 & 24 attended Sherwood and now I have grandchildren at Sherwood. This is and always has been a fantastic school. I am proud of the staff and the students associated with this great school. On several occasions as a class chaperone or as a visitor for lunch, I have been made welcome and look forward to my next trip to your school. Mrs. Elleard's 1st grade class is a fantastic place to begin your education in our public school systems. She has such control of her students and they are able to view learning as the positive experience it is meant to be. At Christmas 2007, Mrs. Elleards 1st grade class made the cutest reindeer Christmas ornaments for our Christmas tree at the Southwest Branch of the public library. We will treasure them forever. Thank-You from our staff at the Southwest Library.

Last modified Sherwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.