Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (10 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (9 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (9 responses)

Very diverse school. My child is a military child, and the Lakewood schools are much like what she is used to. Every teacher she has had from K to 4th grade have been awesome! We send our daughter out of district to the school, and it is worth it.

Both of my children have attended Lakewood Elementary. I have had nothing but a positive, amazing experience. The school has so many extra curricular activities that there is something for everyone to be involved.

Great staff, and the communication between the teachers and parents is outstanding! My students' teacher always keeps up to date, and does not mind sharing an inside look to the class room environment.

So for anyone reading this looking for a great school for their children, you've just found it. We have been at LES and LPS since kindergarten. The teachers, policies, environment, administration, extra curricular activities, and overall approach to learning and students is far superior than anything you will find in our area. Period. Public or private. The teachers are committed to setting high standards for their students and then working tirelessly to make sure the kids get it and master it. The projects they work on are meaningful and always teach them more than the obvious... They are learning to be responsible, educated and caring people. The PE team and curriculum are out of this world, facilities are too. The media center, the nurse, the gifted program, the speech therapy services are exceptional. The PTA, ice cream socials, school dances, parents nights outs, school ambassadors, the running club, scouts, 4H club, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Lakewood on the Green, the after school program, etc..... Are just some of the things that make the Lakewood experience special. The community really rallies around this school and their students. I was very torn about choosing between Lakewood and St. Luke School..... Could not be prouder of our decision. My children love school, love learning, love their school friends and have adored their teaches through the years. This school and its leadership are committed to nurturing the whole child. My children excel academically and their standardized test scores are through the roof. I attribute their success in large, to this school, the administration, and the outstanding teachers that create a partnership with the parents and students. A+

I have had two children attend Lakewood and I have never had a complaint. The teachers are awesome, the office staff are very welcoming and helpful, Mrs. S Wilson is great preparing the students for a high tech world, Mrs. Booth teaches older kids how to do research on a certain subject, Mrs. Siniard so patient and kind with her greenhouse classes, and last, but not least, the COACHES: OJ, Coop, Bice, and Jowers are just great for teaching Physical Education. My husband and I have been so pleased with Lakewood and glad our boys had the experience of an excellent education.

Amount of homework: Agree

Helps keep the child focused and also gives me an insight as to what she's learning at school.

Develops character: Strongly agree

It's a great school I don't have any issues with it whatsoever. They have gone above and beyond to help my niece.

After I gained guardianship of my niece, they have gone above and beyond what my niece has needed to help her catch up. I love the staff there. It has been a delight to be able to work with such caring individuals.

We have been a part of the Lakewood family since my daughter started Kindergarten. It has been nothing shy of exceptional. The faculty and staff are always welcoming and encouraging to the students and the parents. Safety is top notch and the curriculum more than prepares our children for later years without sacrificing their childhood. So many schools are doing away with PE programs, but LES places a high value on physical education and allows exposure to so many sports allowing kids to find their niche and instilling the value of living a healthy lifestyle. This school provides the perfect balance for our family and truly makes us feel like family!

Amazing teachers, support staff & administrative staff! Everyone truly goes above & beyond for the education of the students at LES! My only complaint is that I wished LES did not stop at 5th grade but that it went through 12th grade!

Last modified Lakewood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.