Phenix City, AL

Posted May 31, 2014
My son started kindergarten here & as you can imagine sending a child off to school for the first time is scary. Lakewood made it so easy as they welcomed my child & made his first day seem less terrifying. My son LOVES school & I feel like it has to do with the time he spent at this school with these amazing teachers. His kindergarten teacher Mrs. Hall, his first grade teacher Ms. Averett, & his third grade teacher, Mrs. Courson were more than I could have ever hoped for in a teacher. Mrs. Hall & Ms. Averett are now down the hill at the Lakewood Primary (grades k-2) I've never been more disappointed when we found out we were moving. I was more upset over leaving this school than the home I own there. I think all schools in the future will have a hard time following the high standards this one set. The faculty & staff go above & beyond. I don't see how anyone could give this school any other rating than the 10 it deserves! None of the other schools in the area even compare. I seriously could go on & on for hours about how great this school is :) This school will not disappoint you...you will feel at ease when you & your child walk through the door for the first time!

Posted July 06, 2011
I love, Love, LOVE this school! I was worried when we moved to the area and realized how horrible the academic scores and what not of the GA, AL area were, so I further researched all schools and short of a private school, Lakewood was for us! My daughter went to kindergarten there with Mrs Wicker, what an amazing teacher, what a way to start out your school years! I could not of asked for anything better! They are changing it up a bit this coming school year for the better! Splitting the schools into 2! Can't wait!!

Posted May 05, 2011
My twins attended first grade this year with Mrs. McSwain as their teacher. I was surprised to find they kept twins together, as the girls last school separated them. Mrs. M is a very strong and caring teacher, very strict - but she loves her children and it is reflected by the students actions. I have been to her classroom several times, the students are well behaved, use VERY GOOD manners, respond with "Yes, Ma'am" etc. The school itself is very good, they regularly have the school counselor interact with the children, daily gym, reading, math and science - and technology classes. They strongly encourage family involvement, and the field trips are educational as well as fun. They have a green house (to show how things grow), animals in the classroom (a parrot greets you at the main entrance), a great playground / sports area (inside and out) and a wonderful caring staff. They also are civic and community minded - local restaraunts sponsor "Lakewood" days, and the students can participate in community activies, such as pretty in pink (a non beauty pageant) and Special Olympics. The after school program (LEAP) is also great. I strongly recommend this school.

Posted March 09, 2011
I will be moving there this summer from Colorado. My fiancee's son went there last year and loved it. He did really well. My 8 yr old daughter has Cognitive and Developmental Delays and is a wonderful student. I would love any input from any parents and/or staff regarding the Special Education Department please. Thankyou so much, I appreciate it! Kathy

Posted October 12, 2010
The teachers and staff are wonderful. they show intrest in my sons individual learning. and it is a great safe inviorment.

Lakewood Elementary School 0

Posted April 19, 2010
My two (2) grandaughters attend Lakewood Elementary School and I have had the opportunity to be involved in their academic accomplishments as well as their extra-curricular activities and events. I always feel very comfortable and welcome when I am at the school. The administration and faculty are always friendly and helful.

Posted September 04, 2009
I am a huge advocate of private schooling but have been shocked by the quality of education oat Lakewood. My wife had her son enrolled there when we married and I was stongly incined to move her son to a private school. However, after meeting with faculty and touring the school I was willing to give them a fair chance. I have been very pleased with the quality of education and dedication of the teachers. Class room size is large but not excessive. Technology is well deployed in the class room and they have a diverse curiculum. Finally, the best teachers are actively working to join the faculty and it shows. We don't know if we will keep in our son in the public system for middle school but he will complete elementary school at this excellent school.

Posted August 28, 2009

Posted July 22, 2009
The school is great for those that perform, but for those that are not the cream of the crop they ignore and hope will go away.

Posted July 22, 2009

Lakewood Elementary School
3010 Silverlake Dr, Phenix City, AL  36867
Last modified Lakewood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lakewood Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top