Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

Mrs. Ray is an awesome principal. My son loves her dearly. When I first meet her we clicked like sisters. Any problem you have she will handle it in a nice and professional way. Hands down best school in town.

My kids are out of district and will continue to be for the 2016-2017. I love this school. Mrs. Raye and Mrs. Kimball are some wonderful ladies. They listen to your concerns and always allow you in the classroom with no hesitation. The kids love their teachers. The teachers are really great with my kids and great motivators.

This school is an outstanding place for children to learn. The new leadership for the last two years has tuned this school around. They Principal and Assistant Principal have put a light in these children's eyes. They believe in working hard and the numbers have incteased in A & B students. Incentives are not just for certain children, every child can achieve goals to benefit a chance at incentives. I am proud for my child to be A PCES Hawk!

PCES has a wonderful Office Staff . The Principle and Asst. Principle are two of the most professional people I know. The Teachers are a joy to be around as well. The needs of the child seem to be the most important qualities in this school.

The faculty is very friendly and always helpful. The school itself is warm and inviting. Students love the environment, and it is conducive to learning.

Phenix City Rotary is pleased to support Central High School Community Problem Solvers in their Blossoming Education project site at Phenix City Elementary School. Our civic club and local high school students have joined together to redevelop a handicap accessible "peace" garden, refresh the play area and encourage the redevelopment of a nature trail adjacent to PCIS. Principal Jones and the faculty are engaged partners.

Phenix City Elementary School has been a wonderful place for both of our children. Our oldest child attended 1-5 grade. He is now in 6th grade at PCIS. Our youngest completed kindergarten and first grade. The technology, emphasis on reading, emphasis on sight words, teachers, and curriculum make an excellent combination! Ipads, laptops, computers, etc. are used often. There are SmartBoards in every classroom. There are no portable "trailer" classrooms that many other districts have had to resort to. Class size is good and discipline is maintained fairly. The principal is very supportive of parents and teachers alike. He is fair to students and truly cares about their success. PCES also rewards success. Children receive T shirts and other incentives for meeting goals such as learning all 1000 Fry words, reaching Accelerated Reader milestones, behavior, and various math milestones. The curriculum for Reading is Story Town and the curriculum for math is Saxon Math. We would not move out of the PCES zone to attend any other school in the district, and this is something our family thinks about when trying to choose a new house to buy. PCES is clean, safe, and academically challenging.

THE INFORMATION ON THIS WEBSITE IS INACCURATE. The test scores listed are too low, the school information is out of date and, in many cases, just strange. According to the website, we offer Cantonese, and Mandarin as well as band, and orchestra. We do not. It lists 27 organized sports here but elementary schools in Phenix City do not offer organized sports. Many parents have toured the school and enrolled their students here. Some have said that the picture presented by Great Schools was not an accurate one. As the principal, I invite you to come and visit our school. You will receive a tour of the facility and may then decide for yourself. Our military families are often pleasantly surprised and have taken a great deal of pride in sending their children to this student-centered, technology-rich school. GreatSchools.com wants to sell you batteries or allergy medicine and has no incentive to provide you with accurate information. While some of the parent ratings are very flattering, they are usually based on one positive experience (or one negative one). Come for a visit. David Jones, Principal

I feel the school's method of educating is a success for my Kindergarten. She knew only her whole name, parents name, how to count and now she know the sound of words and numbers and a few letters. She is also reading. School are not the only teacher; parents hold a major part in a child's educational career. PCES for now!

My daughter has attended PCES since I moved from Dothan (Kelly Springs Elementary). I plan to keep her at PCES for the duration on my stay in Phenix City. She brings home meaningful work everyday, the adminstration presents themselves in a positive way and my daughter enjoys the school!

Last modified Phenix City Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.