Phenix City, AL

Posted May 12, 2012
Phenix City Elementary School has been a wonderful place for both of our children. Our oldest child attended 1-5 grade. He is now in 6th grade at PCIS. Our youngest completed kindergarten and first grade. The technology, emphasis on reading, emphasis on sight words, teachers, and curriculum make an excellent combination! Ipads, laptops, computers, etc. are used often. There are SmartBoards in every classroom. There are no portable "trailer" classrooms that many other districts have had to resort to. Class size is good and discipline is maintained fairly. The principal is very supportive of parents and teachers alike. He is fair to students and truly cares about their success. PCES also rewards success. Children receive T shirts and other incentives for meeting goals such as learning all 1000 Fry words, reaching Accelerated Reader milestones, behavior, and various math milestones. The curriculum for Reading is Story Town and the curriculum for math is Saxon Math. We would not move out of the PCES zone to attend any other school in the district, and this is something our family thinks about when trying to choose a new house to buy. PCES is clean, safe, and academically challenging.

Posted August 21, 2011
THE INFORMATION ON THIS WEBSITE IS INACCURATE. The test scores listed are too low, the school information is out of date and, in many cases, just strange. According to the website, we offer Cantonese, and Mandarin as well as band, and orchestra. We do not. It lists 27 organized sports here but elementary schools in Phenix City do not offer organized sports. Many parents have toured the school and enrolled their students here. Some have said that the picture presented by Great Schools was not an accurate one. As the principal, I invite you to come and visit our school. You will receive a tour of the facility and may then decide for yourself. Our military families are often pleasantly surprised and have taken a great deal of pride in sending their children to this student-centered, technology-rich school. GreatSchools.com wants to sell you batteries or allergy medicine and has no incentive to provide you with accurate information. While some of the parent ratings are very flattering, they are usually based on one positive experience (or one negative one). Come for a visit. David Jones, Principal

Posted October 06, 2010
I feel the school's method of educating is a success for my Kindergarten. She knew only her whole name, parents name, how to count and now she know the sound of words and numbers and a few letters. She is also reading. School are not the only teacher; parents hold a major part in a child's educational career. PCES for now!

Posted September 02, 2009
My daughter has attended PCES since I moved from Dothan (Kelly Springs Elementary). I plan to keep her at PCES for the duration on my stay in Phenix City. She brings home meaningful work everyday, the adminstration presents themselves in a positive way and my daughter enjoys the school!

Posted September 01, 2009
I have 3 of my kids go to this school. I love how the teachers keep me informed. My middle child hasnt been held back any either. While in the 4th grade she was moved on to 5th grade math to keep her mind challenged. All three kids are doing great. The only aggrivation I have ever felt is from the staff behind the office desk. They always seem as though they don't know what is going on and that just annoys me. I think they have the job only cause they have been there since the day the school was built. Other than that I love the teachers, principle, and all other staff members. Oh and my kids enjoy it too.

Phenix City Elementary School 0

Posted April 04, 2009
I have a child that attends PCES now .He is in the second grade.He loves going to this school.All the Teachers are so good to the kids and parents.And we could not ask for a better principal (Mr,Jones). I am so glad my son has three more years at PCES.I can say i am a proud parent of a child that attends PCES.THIS IS WHERE THE SMART KIDS GO.

Phenix City Elementary School 1

Posted August 29, 2008
I didn't send my daughter here for long. The classroom was overcrowded and there was no control over the students. But the biggest problem was where the students were compared to most schools. Most could not write their name or their ABC's. And the only thing my daughter brought home everyday was coloring sheets. I would not recommend this school to anyone.

Posted October 22, 2007
The teachers are great. The curriculum is exceptional. Great environment.

Posted August 22, 2007
I have had a child at PCES now going on her 5th year. We have never had any problems that were not handled in a fast, professional manner. Mr. Jones, the principal, has been great! He goes above and beyond to help students and parents.

Posted July 26, 2007

Phenix City Elementary School
2307 South Railroad St, Phenix City, AL  36867
Last modified Phenix City Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Phenix City Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top