No rating

St. Patrick's School

Private | PK-8 | 115 students

Accelerated academics and continuously modeling Catholicism throughout the day.

Living in Phenix City

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $109,900. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $690.

Posted November 20, 2013

Prayers for a new beginning in the life of Saint Patrick's school. Hopefully with a new building, will change come also.

Posted September 10, 2013

Parent's, beware. After reading the recent posts it is evident that chaos has run a muck. Professionalism is not high on the agenda. Whether it be parent, teacher or vice principal who gave the review. As a parent, you should not be judgemental of another parent and make such accusations. As a teacher, you should not disclose information in reference to other children to other parents. As a vice principal, the same applies. The child is the most important part of the equation. Doing what is best for your children is the key.

Posted September 10, 2013

I am writing this review as a parent and former student. Some of the best years of my life were spent at this school. I made lifelong friends, learned a lot of valuable life lessons, and received a wonderful education. That education afforded me the opportunity to take advanced classes in high school and attend college on a full scholarship. Speaking as a parent, my child absolutely loved this school. We have had some wonderful teachers and he also was surrounded by a lot of great, well-behaved kids, who I hope will be lifelong friends for him. Is any school perfect? No. However, I would challenge anyone reading the negative reviews to tour the school, observe classes and interview the staff yourself. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Posted May 8, 2013

This school is entirely unorganized. The administration is very much like a political party - either you're in or you're out. There is no actual curriculum or syllabus and the environment is a joke. This school use to be very admirable and worked well by teaching discipline and respect when there were actual accredited teachers. Since the school has been reopened, this is no longer - none of them are accredited nor do they have degrees for what they are teaching. As a previous poster stated, this school has only made my children make a huge step back and will most likely have to repeat the grade that they attended while at this school. Teaching basics is necessary for future development, not focusing on what grade level the children are testing at when you're giving them all the answers.

Posted October 10, 2012

My daughter started pre-K at St Patrick's this year. I am so glad we chose this school over others in the area. Her teacher, Mrs. Monique is amazing as are all of the staff!! My daughter is learning to read, spell, add, pray, appreciate, cooperate, etc. I am so proud of her every single day when she gets home and teaches her younger sister all that she learned that day in school. I truly believe St. Patrick's is the best school in the area!!

Posted May 1, 2011

I currently have three children enrolled at St. Patrick's. All three have very different learning styles. The teachers at St. Pat's have created a curriculum and atmosphere in which each student can excel, regardless of learning style. They offer the patience, love and discipline required to educate the whole child. We are looking forward to the construction of the new campus. We expect St. Pat's to continue it's long tradition of educating tomorrow's leaders!

Posted September 21, 2010

I have had my children at Saint Patrick's since shortly after it reopened. I think the teachers are wonderful, caring professionals who realize the importance of challenging the students. My children are doing advanced work and excelling at it! I am the type of parent who has my priorities in line. The education of my children comes before fancy cars and expensive vacations. I am giving my children a boost academically by putting them in Saint Patrick's. It may be wrong, but I take secret pleasure in telling my friends whose children attend public school that those class projects their kids are doing in 8th grade, my child did in the 5th grade!

Posted September 21, 2010

I went to Saint Patrick's when I was a child. I still keep in touch with the friends I made there. I was so very prepared for high school. The Principal at my high school used to say he could always tell students who came from Saint Patrick's because they were well behaved and all went into the honors program.

Posted September 18, 2010

We love St Pats. Where else can you find a school where kids are welcomed every day with a smile?Where else can you find teachers that are willing to challange students on a dayly base? We, as parents, are very satisfied with the school, it is a family oriented school, we don't have to worry about bullying or anything on that note. Before judging you should come and see with your own two eyes. You'll love it!!!!

Posted July 25, 2010

I found St. Patricks to be disorganized and lacking in discipline. My daughter (2nd grade) was in a classroom that contained 18 1st and 2nd grade students and the teacher was overwhelmed on her best day and indifferent and untalented on her worst. The leadership at St. Patricks is wholly under qualified for running any kind of educational establishment. The basics were lacking; again, no discipline or order, and there was no evidence of a lesson plan of any kind. The only plus for St. Patricks is the Pre-K 4 teacher. She is experienced and challenges her students everyday, even in the atmosphere that pervades the rest of the school. She is the standard that the rest of the faculty should be trying to emulate. Our one year at St. Patricks was disappointing, frustrating, and a backward step for our 2nd grade daughter.

Posted October 15, 2009

St. Patrick's is a great Catholic School. My son has a wonderful first grade teacher. She teaches to meet the individual needs of each student in her class.

Posted May 12, 2009

This is an amazing school, my daughter has come so far in her learning through the help of her teacher. St. Pats is very family oriented and the kids all know each other. Its Great! You should really check this school out. By the way it is really affordable.

Posted May 8, 2009

A school to be in, a peacefull environment where the kids get the best of everything. Love it

Posted January 16, 2009

My daughter attended St. Patrick's for a year and a half. She was having trouble in Middle School because she was extremely shy. The teachers went above and beyond to help my Daughter. My daughter went into St. Patrick's, a very timid child. My Daughter left St. Patrick's with a love for herself and Personality we had never seen in her before. This school is great!

Posted November 21, 2008

St Patrick's has a great Faculty and wonderful student to teacher ratio. The school offers concentrates on discipline, child safety and a place that fosters learning.

Posted October 19, 2008

I moved to St.Pats this year and I believe it was a huge blessing from God. It's an awsome school. It's smaller than most schools in Phenix City which I think is great, because you get to do activities and projects that you wouldnt be able to do in a classs of 30. Being a 8th grader, and going to public school my whole life, I feel like St. pat's is one of the best schools I've been to. I'm not looking forward to leaving in May. -Morgan Brooke
—Submitted by a student

Posted September 6, 2008

This school has been a 'God Send' for my 9 year old! He has been a behaviour challenge due to high intelligence and the public school system has not served him well. St. Pat's has small, intensive classes that focus on not only academics but the whole person! They keep him focused, challenged and teach him to be responsible for his actions, his own work and himself. The teachers are consistent, highly educated and patient. St. Pats combines a push for academic excellence with the principals of being a good human being with patience, love and understanding. Well worth the money. My 1st grader is also doing well. His teacher is fabulous and he loves going to school. The only improvement it could make is in its lunches and physical education.

Posted March 5, 2008

I am very pleased with the quality of education offered at Saint Pats. My oldest child made a very smooth transition into high school and found that many of her high school classes were the same as the ones offered while she was in 6th, 7th and 8th grade at Saint Pats. I was also very happy with the fact that they offer free tutoring 4 days a week. I think the teachers are loving and kind and our children are thriving because of it. We had tried other school but were disappointed because there was too much emphasis on sports and not enough on academics. Saint Patrick's has its priorities in line.

Posted February 15, 2008

My daughter has learning problems. She has been to five schools in seven years. This is the only school that has brought her almost up to her grade level.(It hasent even been a year!) she loves it. She has so many friends and she loves going to school. I wish that they had more activities in the afternoon but this is the only school that has taken the time to help her and to make her feel that she can do and be anything in life!

Posted February 8, 2008

I am a parent of two children attending St. Patrick's School in Phenix City, AL, and I am very satisfied with the education St. Patrick's provides. My son is a gifted student and his teachers are teaching him at his own level of achievment. He is learning higher math skills as well as college-level English and Writing skills. The staff listens to our concerns and is more than willing to work with both of our children to drive their success. I would not have my children at any other school!

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 1%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
Gifted specialist(s)
Poetry/Creative writing teacher(s)
Special education coordinator
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Tutor(s)
Foreign languages spoken by school staff Tagalog
Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered
  • Differentiated learning programs
  • Special education coordinator

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Math specialist(s)
  • Computer lab
  • Outdoor learning lab

Arts & music

• Art teacher(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • Poetry/Creative writing teacher(s)
  • Art room

• Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Access to sports fields
  • Kitchen
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")

Gifted & talented

School start time
  • 7:50 am
School end time
  • 2:50 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school: ends at 6:00 p.m.
  • Before school: starts at 7:00 a.m.
  • Ginger Morris, Administrator
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 3 years old
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • Roman Catholic
Associations
  • NCEA; SACS Advanced accreditation
Fax number
  • (334) 298-3352

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Accelerated credit learning
  • Classical (e.g., focuses on the "classics")
  • Core knowledge
  • Gifted / high performing
  • Standards-based
  • Teacher-run
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered

• Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
  • Math specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Poetry/Creative writing teacher(s)
  • Special education coordinator
  • Computer lab
  • Internet access
  • Kitchen
  • Library
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Outdoor learning lab

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Monitor the playground
  • Organize cultural events
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Present special topics during curricular units
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council
  • Volunteer in the classroom
  • Volunteer time after school

This school accepts applications on a

rolling basis

Apply now

What are your chances?

10 out of 10students were accepted for the 2013-2014 school year.

Students accepted for the 2013-2014 school year

Outside scholarships
Tax credits
Donations

Planning ahead

Students typically attend these schools after graduating
Pacelli High School