Phenix City, AL
Before care: Yes

Posted November 20, 2013
Prayers for a new beginning in the life of Saint Patrick's school. Hopefully with a new building, will change come also.

Posted September 10, 2013
Parent's, beware. After reading the recent posts it is evident that chaos has run a muck. Professionalism is not high on the agenda. Whether it be parent, teacher or vice principal who gave the review. As a parent, you should not be judgemental of another parent and make such accusations. As a teacher, you should not disclose information in reference to other children to other parents. As a vice principal, the same applies. The child is the most important part of the equation. Doing what is best for your children is the key.

St. Patrick's School 4

Posted September 10, 2013
I am writing this review as a parent and former student. Some of the best years of my life were spent at this school. I made lifelong friends, learned a lot of valuable life lessons, and received a wonderful education. That education afforded me the opportunity to take advanced classes in high school and attend college on a full scholarship. Speaking as a parent, my child absolutely loved this school. We have had some wonderful teachers and he also was surrounded by a lot of great, well-behaved kids, who I hope will be lifelong friends for him. Is any school perfect? No. However, I would challenge anyone reading the negative reviews to tour the school, observe classes and interview the staff yourself. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Posted May 08, 2013
This school is entirely unorganized. The administration is very much like a political party - either you're in or you're out. There is no actual curriculum or syllabus and the environment is a joke. This school use to be very admirable and worked well by teaching discipline and respect when there were actual accredited teachers. Since the school has been reopened, this is no longer - none of them are accredited nor do they have degrees for what they are teaching. As a previous poster stated, this school has only made my children make a huge step back and will most likely have to repeat the grade that they attended while at this school. Teaching basics is necessary for future development, not focusing on what grade level the children are testing at when you're giving them all the answers.

Posted October 10, 2012
My daughter started pre-K at St Patrick's this year. I am so glad we chose this school over others in the area. Her teacher, Mrs. Monique is amazing as are all of the staff!! My daughter is learning to read, spell, add, pray, appreciate, cooperate, etc. I am so proud of her every single day when she gets home and teaches her younger sister all that she learned that day in school. I truly believe St. Patrick's is the best school in the area!!

Posted May 01, 2011
I currently have three children enrolled at St. Patrick's. All three have very different learning styles. The teachers at St. Pat's have created a curriculum and atmosphere in which each student can excel, regardless of learning style. They offer the patience, love and discipline required to educate the whole child. We are looking forward to the construction of the new campus. We expect St. Pat's to continue it's long tradition of educating tomorrow's leaders!

Posted September 21, 2010
I have had my children at Saint Patrick's since shortly after it reopened. I think the teachers are wonderful, caring professionals who realize the importance of challenging the students. My children are doing advanced work and excelling at it! I am the type of parent who has my priorities in line. The education of my children comes before fancy cars and expensive vacations. I am giving my children a boost academically by putting them in Saint Patrick's. It may be wrong, but I take secret pleasure in telling my friends whose children attend public school that those class projects their kids are doing in 8th grade, my child did in the 5th grade!

Posted September 21, 2010
I went to Saint Patrick's when I was a child. I still keep in touch with the friends I made there. I was so very prepared for high school. The Principal at my high school used to say he could always tell students who came from Saint Patrick's because they were well behaved and all went into the honors program.

Posted September 18, 2010
We love St Pats. Where else can you find a school where kids are welcomed every day with a smile?Where else can you find teachers that are willing to challange students on a dayly base? We, as parents, are very satisfied with the school, it is a family oriented school, we don't have to worry about bullying or anything on that note. Before judging you should come and see with your own two eyes. You'll love it!!!!

Posted July 25, 2010
I found St. Patricks to be disorganized and lacking in discipline. My daughter (2nd grade) was in a classroom that contained 18 1st and 2nd grade students and the teacher was overwhelmed on her best day and indifferent and untalented on her worst. The leadership at St. Patricks is wholly under qualified for running any kind of educational establishment. The basics were lacking; again, no discipline or order, and there was no evidence of a lesson plan of any kind. The only plus for St. Patricks is the Pre-K 4 teacher. She is experienced and challenges her students everyday, even in the atmosphere that pervades the rest of the school. She is the standard that the rest of the faculty should be trying to emulate. Our one year at St. Patricks was disappointing, frustrating, and a backward step for our 2nd grade daughter.

St. Patrick's School