Clay-Chalkville High School 5

Posted October 06, 2014
Great teacher involvement. They actually want every child to succeed!! Also the level of communication with the parents is off the chart! GO COUGARS

Clay-Chalkville High School 1

Posted August 29, 2014
The Jefferson county School System does not offer a program for High IQ students. Yet, I am a parent that pays taxes and have freedom of speech.....isn't this "leaving a child behind?????" The "no child left behind program" is structured to put all IQ's in one pot. Period. We left this "system" so that our student can truly soar at the speed desired. Eating my words....I said I would NEVER homeschool. It is totally awesome!!!! We will have a High School graduate at age 15. If your child needs more time, this is awesome!! I have a friend that has a student needing extra time. This has caused her child to increase scores since it is based on the pace you need. Soar at your own pace!!! Leave the "system."!!

Posted August 15, 2014
As far as academics go, this school could care less, even though they have good teachers. The only thing that this school cares about is Football. Rather than add more capacity to the school, they made a turf field for football. If you are an amazing football athlete this school is for you. If you are looking for a good education experience go find another school. I do understand that the new turf was trying to get people involved in school activities, but you go to school for education

Posted April 01, 2013
If you have a learning disability like dyslexia or ADHD, I would not recommend this school. Discrimination, is just one of the many issues. Also, children with hearing and physical impairments are treated as second class citizens. PS: Get ready for lockdowns, this seems to happen every month.

Clay-Chalkville High School 1

Posted March 15, 2013
This school USED to be a great school but now its overcrowded and sucks. The staffs great they do the best they can with little help from the school board, (the school sends the to the board for stealing, bullying etc.. The board sends them back a week later). There is alot of bullying and stealing and things like that going on that nobody seems to know how to deal with so its swept under the rug and continues to happen. This has become one of those schools that you just dont want to send your child to. Again the school staff is great the education is good but its hard to learn anything in the type of situations you have to deal with there. Until the school board becomes stricter and takes these situations seriously this school will continue to go down hill. FOOTBALL IS NOT THE ONLY THING THAT SHOULD IMPORTANT TO CCHS .

Posted August 14, 2012
This school is known for one of the greatest football teams ever. But as far as the envirement, people are rude to each other and to teachers, there is ALOT of drug usuge, vulgar language and/or harrassment, and having to be here 5 days a week makes it miserable. The learning envirement is okay but I've seen better. This school needs alot of improvement. I've been here for about a year now, and I just hope this school will get better.

Clay-Chalkville High School 4

Posted June 29, 2011
As far as the learning, Clay-Chalkville Highschool is a great school. But some of the people that go there make the school look bad. There's a great deal of drug usage there. And it's also a little racist. Not the teachers, but some of the students. But Clay is an overall good school. They have great teachers and you learn a lot. The football team is not half bad either! I enjoy going to Clay Chalkville High. I learned a lot and will continue to.

Clay-Chalkville High School 0

Posted April 27, 2010
I loved this school until my oldest was a freshman there. I started hearing stories about the drug usage, the drug testing etc. I started watching the people much more closely that my son was around. You would not believe how many times children have been caught with marijuana, much less tobacco products. The new thing now is prescriptions. They really need to get a handle on this situation. As parents, we can only watch them when we around them. They go to school and should be safe there. I really do not understand how the level of narcotics passes through those doors everyday. Its absolutely heartbreaking!

Clay-Chalkville High School 4

Posted March 28, 2010
I attended this school graduated in 2007. Overall this is a great school for academic, athletic, and musical. It has it share of drug issues and fight as do most if not all high schools.

Posted February 08, 2010

Clay-Chalkville High School
6623 Roe Chandler Rd, Pinson, AL  35126
Last modified Clay-Chalkville High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Clay-Chalkville High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 73 reviews. Top