Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Great School Great Teachers! However I'v been sending my children to the Chalkville school system since 1993 my last child graduate this year in 2017 and I must say the school has changed and I can't say for the best. I'm just glad it's over.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

My child was being bullied on the school bus My daughter told the principal and that child was suspended off the bus. That solved the problem.

Supports LD students: Agree

The teachers do all they can and are good at trying to keep the parents involved with whats going on.

Develops character: Neutral

I mostly notice it with my older children which are grown now with children of their own. Not so much today

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers try to make sure your child learn do what ever they can to achieve this contact parents when any alarms goes off (notice changes in your child work habits)

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

I like that teachers give homework because I'm sure they will agree it's just not enough minutes in class for students to get a good understanding and learn most class work

Great teacher involvement. They actually want every child to succeed!! Also the level of communication with the parents is off the chart! GO COUGARS

The Jefferson county School System does not offer a program for High IQ students. Yet, I am a parent that pays taxes and have freedom of speech.....isn't this "leaving a child behind?????" The "no child left behind program" is structured to put all IQ's in one pot. Period. We left this "system" so that our student can truly soar at the speed desired. Eating my words....I said I would NEVER homeschool. It is totally awesome!!!! We will have a High School graduate at age 15. If your child needs more time, this is awesome!! I have a friend that has a student needing extra time. This has caused her child to increase scores since it is based on the pace you need. Soar at your own pace!!! Leave the "system."!!

As far as academics go, this school could care less, even though they have good teachers. The only thing that this school cares about is Football. Rather than add more capacity to the school, they made a turf field for football. If you are an amazing football athlete this school is for you. If you are looking for a good education experience go find another school. I do understand that the new turf was trying to get people involved in school activities, but you go to school for education

If you have a learning disability like dyslexia or ADHD, I would not recommend this school. Discrimination, is just one of the many issues. Also, children with hearing and physical impairments are treated as second class citizens. PS: Get ready for lockdowns, this seems to happen every month.

Last modified Clay-Chalkville High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.