Bad
Good

Awesome school with some great teachers! Location is out of the way but other than that a great school.

I love this school but it is kind of boring. I wish they would give more activies. If they give more acgivies then ill give it 5

My daughter is in her last year at Kermit. My son will enter there next year. We've had a great experience with all of the teachers. My only complaint is the distance from most homes in Pinson. It's not a convenient distance from Pinson elementary or Rudd. Because of the ages of my children they will never be at the same school until high school. With after school activities and conflicting pick up schedules, the distance from other schools has posed a problem for us. Luckily I have people who have been able to help me out. Others may not be so fortunate.

This school has many wonderful teachers who are dedicated and caring. The only problems are because of the location and number of students. The lunchroom was designed to handle 300 students and there are more than twice that many enrolled. It was built as a small community school in a rural area on narrow roads. The current amount of traffic makes it dangerous to drop off and pick up children. The remote location also hinders parent participation, after school activities and community involvement.

We are new to the area and hope this school will be good for my son. I have been reading the posts for the Pinson schools. I also have a daughter who will be in the middle school. Their education is VERY important to us. We came from the north where teachers make alot more at there job than here. To go into teaching here you must love and have the passion to teach children because it"s not for the money. I think I will form my opinions about the staff, teachers and anyone at the schools that deal with my children when they are in school. I hope it will be a good year for them.

this school is wonderful although the children get out of hand here and there.

I have one child currently enrolled at this school. I have one who has progressed beyond and two more who will attend in the near future. While not perfect, this school does have adequate technology and physical education available for the grade levels involved and, the 'Beverly Hills 90210' mentality (pervasive in many nearby school systems) is pleasantly absent from both staff and student body. Art is also addressed and perhaps extra-curricular activities, for those interested, might be the best approach for those wanting more. I humbly suggest more parental involvement for those who believe the school system is to be a state sponsored 'babysitter'; either that or, find a private school to meet your needs.

I have two children that attend this school. My son has several different obstacles that he has had to overcome. Ms. Pair a third grade teacher made a wonderful difference in my sons life. He has now made the A B honor roll twice in a row.

I am well pleased. The staff is wonderful. The teachers are the best. They have great programs for all children to enjoy.

Kermit Johnson has a dedicated Faculty, Staff and Administration. They care about the students, their families, and the community of Pinson.

Last modified Kermit Johnson School is a Public school that serves grades 3-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.