Pleasant Grove Middle School 2

Posted October 12, 2014
As a parent of a 5th grader at the elementary school, I have been doing my research on PGMS. After attending PTA meetings, open house and doing a few walk-throughs, I am not pleased about what I've seen. The gym is horrendously hot and I have noticed there are gym classes being held in there. This is totally unfair to the kids! The restrooms are filthy, stinks and fire a long time without doors on several stalls. Who want their kids being exposed to such...NOT ME! The principal is not a good principal, nor is the mean asst. principal that has a reputation that I will thoroughly research. There have been several times I've walked into the school without notice. The teachers are not professional and the kids are not tamed nor supervised.

Pleasant Grove Middle School 1

Posted September 16, 2014
HORRIBLE!!!!! The elementary school is great! The middle school and the entire staff are horrible. They don't care about the students at all. I wouldn t recommend you take your dog to this school. This is the most unstructured school on the planet. The assistant principal is uncaring, disrespectful, and rude. They treat the children like trash. You have been warned!!!!

Pleasant Grove Middle School 1

Posted July 05, 2013
I had a child enrolled in this school that we had removed due to the lack of concern for teaching the children. The elementary school was wonderful however the principal and staff at the middle school should be replaced. There is no known structure there each teacher have their only agenda. They love to give out handouts without allowing conference time to discuss your child progress. The lack of concern and care that this school has is horrible and it is a shame that you are force to pay for a private school when taxes are so expensive. I would not recommend the middle school to anyone.

Pleasant Grove Middle School 2

Posted September 26, 2012
Before my child started at this school, I heard nothing but bad things. I was hoping it was not true, but I was disappointed. The staff never answers the phone in the office or otherwise. The teachers assign homework to the students that they don't even go over in the classroom, but will count off if the student doesn't do the homework they way they want them to. Every time I look at my child's grades on INOW, there are a lot of zeros that are factored into their final grade even though I know my child has done the work. My thing is, if the teacher has not graded the assignment yet, then don't factor that 0 into their grade. It seems the teachers don't care and don't realize that parents have jobs too. And the teacher's job is to provide as much information and resources as possible to help the children to succeed. They will never know the childs true potential because they don't give them a chance to show it. I know of students who have excelled in the Elementary school, and are now in 6th grade and doing horribly. This doesn't make sense to me. Note to parents, check behind, not only your child, but these teachers as well.

Pleasant Grove Middle School
805 Seventh Ave, Pleasant Grove, AL  35127
Last modified Pleasant Grove Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pleasant Grove Middle School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top