Pleasant Grove, AL

Posted August 30, 2012
Currently one of my children graduated from Pleasant Grove High, one is a junior, and my youngest will enter high school next year. And while I've had the normal children in school problems, I've yet to have any problems or complaints about the faculty or ciriculum of PGHS. Born and raised in Hueytown, PG has always had a rep of academic over atheletic achievement and that's the reason i wanted my children there. The people there take a very personal role in the success of their students. Because here in Pleasant Grove we're not just a community but family.

Pleasant Grove High School 3

Posted July 06, 2009

Pleasant Grove High School 3

Posted June 17, 2009
I wish the teachers would be held to the same standard as they demand of the students. If you expect my child to give 110% then so do I from the Teachers. I suggest that grades be posted on the website more frequently, large projects be given in written form to the students, more feedback on progress and be able to review test taken. Finally I would like Study guides given in advance and reviewed in class before finals.

Pleasant Grove High School 2

Posted May 28, 2009
Well where do I start, The teacher's my daughter had were great, But the kids there well thats another story, The kids there have NO respect for other's they take things and nobody say's anything. So my daughter went to a certain teacher and she got it done!! I just hope and pray the new school is alot better and more crack downs.

Posted January 31, 2009

Pleasant Grove High School 1

Posted May 06, 2007
- a former student

Posted February 20, 2007

Pleasant Grove High School 4

Posted October 18, 2006
We just moved here and 'wow' what a big difference. But we love it so far. Also everyone has been nice to us. I figure since were all here for the same reason we should help each other and work together, and be kind to one another.

Pleasant Grove High School 0

Posted December 18, 2005
both of my children received an excellent education at Pleasant Grove High School. They both graduated within the last 6 years. Each child scored 28 or better on the ACT test and went on to graduate with honor from college and pursue a career of their choosing. I think high school is what you make of it with few exceptions. With the right support from family, friends, neighbors, and community Pleasant Grove High could remain an excellent learning environment. The community just has to make a decision to quit complaining and start maintaining.

Pleasant Grove High School 4

Posted October 07, 2004
PGHS is not a bad school. I have a daughter in the 7th grade this year and she loves it. Yes, there are fights as usual at high school but most of the problems could be ended if they would stop the No Child Left Behind program! There are too too many kids being bussed over here. I am sorry that their school is so bad but it is the parents and these students who could improve it.

Pleasant Grove High School
805 7th Ave, Pleasant Grove, AL  35127
Last modified Pleasant Grove High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pleasant Grove High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top