Pleasant Grove, AL

Pleasant Grove High School 5

Posted August 30, 2012
Currently one of my children graduated from Pleasant Grove High, one is a junior, and my youngest will enter high school next year. And while I've had the normal children in school problems, I've yet to have any problems or complaints about the faculty or ciriculum of PGHS. Born and raised in Hueytown, PG has always had a rep of academic over atheletic achievement and that's the reason i wanted my children there. The people there take a very personal role in the success of their students. Because here in Pleasant Grove we're not just a community but family.

Pleasant Grove High School 3

Posted June 17, 2009
I wish the teachers would be held to the same standard as they demand of the students. If you expect my child to give 110% then so do I from the Teachers. I suggest that grades be posted on the website more frequently, large projects be given in written form to the students, more feedback on progress and be able to review test taken. Finally I would like Study guides given in advance and reviewed in class before finals.

Pleasant Grove High School 2

Posted May 28, 2009
Well where do I start, The teacher's my daughter had were great, But the kids there well thats another story, The kids there have NO respect for other's they take things and nobody say's anything. So my daughter went to a certain teacher and she got it done!! I just hope and pray the new school is alot better and more crack downs.

Posted October 18, 2006
We just moved here and 'wow' what a big difference. But we love it so far. Also everyone has been nice to us. I figure since were all here for the same reason we should help each other and work together, and be kind to one another.

Pleasant Grove High School

Posted December 18, 2005
both of my children received an excellent education at Pleasant Grove High School. They both graduated within the last 6 years. Each child scored 28 or better on the ACT test and went on to graduate with honor from college and pursue a career of their choosing. I think high school is what you make of it with few exceptions. With the right support from family, friends, neighbors, and community Pleasant Grove High could remain an excellent learning environment. The community just has to make a decision to quit complaining and start maintaining.

Posted October 07, 2004
PGHS is not a bad school. I have a daughter in the 7th grade this year and she loves it. Yes, there are fights as usual at high school but most of the problems could be ended if they would stop the No Child Left Behind program! There are too too many kids being bussed over here. I am sorry that their school is so bad but it is the parents and these students who could improve it.

Posted June 07, 2004
I am not a parent, but a graduate of the class of 2002. PGHS is no worse than any other school. There is obvious favoritism and some bad things do happen, but overall I enjoyed my entire high school experience. There are plenty of activities to get involved in and for those who have school spirit, football, baseball, soccer and all other sports are fun to watch. Pep rallies are great. The building itself is quickly improving. The staff (for the most part) is extremely supportive, and in my opinion PGHS is a pretty good place to get and enjoy the whole high school experience.

Pleasant Grove High School 2

Posted May 04, 2004
This used to be a wonderful school and now it has gotten to be one of the worst I have ever known. I have a daughter, 9th grade that has been harrassed since school started and I have tried to have something done about it, but as usual, the principal can't seem to stop the harrassement. I have had two reports written up and nothing has been done.. You could have at least moved some of the students, or mine to another class. There are some trouble makers there and instead of handling that trouble maker , lets just overlook and pass him to get him out of this school...Needless to say there are too many parents controlling the principal...

Pleasant Grove High School 1

Posted March 27, 2004
This school is not for everyone. fights berak out daily. this school has some people who dont really liek the school. most students i have seen are moving to different schools because of the school,staff, teachers, most of the ppl moving have been here for 2 weeks and they would like togo esle where. we have a lot of stuck up people here. but it is sometimes a fun place. for the year 2004-2005 we will be useing student id badgets. they will have his or her picture ,grade, and more info.

Pleasant Grove High School
805 7th Ave, Pleasant Grove, AL  35127
Last modified Pleasant Grove High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pleasant Grove High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top