Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Military family who has lived around the country and has been involved in academics and athletics at a very high level. We love PHS! Great mix of academics, athletics, and clubs with a city that displays great pride in the school's success. This is not an insulated school but it really adds to the experience and charm. We like how kids from all socioeconomic levels mix and blend into a cohesive group. Best option around for the whole high school experience.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Teachers at school lie to get the truth out of students. They act like it's an interrogation. Teachers only want to protect their image so they dismiss students problems. They don't punish the ones who they need to participate in electives. Students have punched others and not gotten written up because the teacher does not want them to be prohibited from participating in that extracurricular activity. It is unfair and in no way does this school help develop honesty. integrity, or fairness in students. The behavior of school administrators is inconsistent and unhealthy for everyone attending there.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

The teachers are bullies. They all act like teenagers. A fight breaks out in the lunchroom, and many of them stand back and laugh. They overreact about tiny things and when actual problems occur, they pretend it isn't happening. Substitutes are equally as bad. Students were spraying board cleaner in each other's eyes, and the sub did nothing, even though she had been told repeatedly. She just stayed on her phone. They belittle students' issues, but if anyone does so much as to forget to raise their hand to speak. they get humiliated and yelled at in front of the class.

I don't think there is really a way of saying this other than being completely honest - this school is just like any other school that you'll come across. If you are looking for perfection, you will hate every public school. I graduate this May and spent all four years at Prattville and it is what you make it to be. If your kid mopes around and doesn't talk to anyone, THEY AREN'T GOING TO MAKE FRIENDS OR HAVE HELP FROM TEACHERS! don't expect your teenager to get everything handed to them on a silver platter when everything is now THEIR responsibility. I have had the most help and the most mercy with all of the teachers that I've had and the kids there act how any other teenager in the world would act. you can't expect golden toilet seats and nap time, high school is high school and if you aren't paying for it, then you get what you give. The principal and staff do their jobs very well, the dress code of no uniforms is a great privilege, and if you're going to live in the Montgomery/Prattville region, Prattville is your best option. Check out the public schools in Montgomery and then complain. ;-)

My kids currently go to Prattville High and I can tell you it is probably one of the worst schools I have ever had to deal with. Mr. Dennis is probably the worse principal. It is about Football there, academics are a joke. It is very hard to get ahold of anyone at the school, including counselors, you basically have to go down there and then you will be lucky if the front office even knows where they are at the time. Very disorganized, very clickish, very backwoods. Teachers do not keep up with grading or where your child is in their class and tutoring availability is a joke. The students are allowed to harrass other students and guidelines for dress are comical. i am sure that the reviews of the families that love the school are pretty much only from the area of Prattville because they all grew up around there and "outsiders" are not welcomed. Move you kids out asap!

The new principal, has greatly improved this school since he took over in Aug. 2011. This year 2012-2013 is even better. I have an AP student who has attended 8 schools over 12 years and she is thriving with caring teachers. We are a military family on our second assignment to Maxwell AFB. Our oldest graduated from LAMP when we lived on base and it was a fine school for her. PHS has given our other child a broader view of socioeconomic situations and academic levels. Our teen was accepted at LAMP since we thought we would move to Montgomery, but we decided the broader spectrum of sports, clubs, and students at PHS would be a better option and selected to live in Prattville.

PHS is one of the worst schools we have ever dealt with. Teachers do not communicate with parents unless you contact the Principle or Asst. Principle to get things handle. Teachers leave in the middle of the year and parents are not notified, they expect the students to tell their parent which leave parents with no contact information. Students have to redo work done in class because either teacher or teacher s aides have lost or not graded the work. Parents are expected to purchase Inow website in order to keep up with how their children are doing in school however teachers do not update them until months later if they do at all! I have contacted the counselor when we found out we were moving, left a message and NEVER received a return phone call. This school only cares about their sports team ...especially FOOTBALL so if you would like to be on a winning FOOTBALL team PHS is your school but if you want a school that cares about your children run the other way and find another school.

I'm appalled at how teachers and other staff members are ignoring the blatant bullying problem at this school. A girl I am very close to almost shot herself last night after having read several notes with hateful, hurtful, and otherwise deplorable comments on them. If this continues, I will most definitely be contacting administration. This is not okay and has to stop!

My daughter graduated from Prattville in 2009 and my son is poised to graduate this May. Both my children have received educations that have prepared them for the next stage in their lives. My daughter is currently enrolled at UAB and my son plans to attend Stamford University. Prattville High is not undisciplined or substandard in any way. It goes back to parenting and not expecting the school to be your children's guardian. The adage "Garbage in/Garbage out" is true of any program. That said, Prattville offers AP and Honors courses for the students who expect to be challenged. If you don't like its focus on football, ask -- no, plead for a transfer out of this area of the country, because it is a huge part of our heritage in Alabama and across the southeast as well. Go Lions!

This school is great. My whole four years of going here were the best years of my life. I just recently graduated from Prattville and the school is not a zoo. Considering how many kids go there it is doing very well. All schools have things they aren't proud of, like fights. It doesn't just happen at Prattville. I was apart of the band and that was wonderful. We don't just care about football. Academics are more important that football. Just because we are good and take pride in it doesn't mean that is all we focused on. I would recomend this school to any teenager.

Last modified Prattville High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.