Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)

Posted April 20, 2016
Lots of yelling, one administrator uses a bullhorn to yell at kids daily and is very rude to both students and parents, very unpleasant atmosphere. My kids hate going to school there!! We are pulling both of our kids and going to private. I would not recommend this school to anyone. We came from another state where my kids actually enjoyed going to school. Can't wait to see them actually excited about going to school again.

Posted February 18, 2016
Military family who has had two children in PJHS. Awesome staff, great experience both academically and athletically. Definitely the best overall experience available in the River Region. School pride is unmatched!

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted February 18, 2016
Constant attention to issues, not afraid to confront problems as they occur. Good administration, definitely care about the kids

Posted August 30, 2015
HEED ALL THESE WARNINGS!!!! This is the worst school. My Son had been MAJOR BULLIED in 7th grade and 8th grade. The old principle in 7th grade had taken care of the student that was bulling him in 7th grade . Since the new principle started her reign in his 8th grade year. The bully situation didn't stop, instead it intensified. On the bus and on school campus.. I tried to get him to handle the situation himself but the teachers and principle just DID NOT CARE. It seems that they don't want to be bothered. And I as a parent take this seriously. My son never bothered anyone. He is a avid reader and as long as he had something to read he stayed to himself. With the exception of a few friends that he had hung out with. He was in all Honors classes. But he also was not into sports, and they are all about the sports. They just don't care or take time out of their day unless your child is a child of the Autauga County School Board. Then your in the "click". If you care about your child's education that is not effected by bullies then stay clear of this school. We had to move out of state to get him out of that bad situation...

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 23, 2015
The teachers at PJHS are some of the most gifted and dedicated we have ever seen! The school is highly organized, and I've never doubted sending our children there. Your child is in great hands at PJHS!

Posted November 23, 2014
My son has attended both years. There is a new principal and she is doing a good job. I have one problem which is we can not choose our child's teachers. My son is above average, has mediocre teachers who do not challenge him, and homework is not given daily. Too many student teachers. I love love love the way this school handles bullying. To me it seems students are allowed to decide who they are and hang with students who have similar interst without being judged or bullied. I love the fact that the teachers are at the tables. I do have one problem which is thry will not allow them to bring water bottles to school. It us important my son drnks water and after watching first hand how nasty 12, 13, and 14 year olds are with water fountains i dont want him drinking from them.

Posted December 01, 2013
I am attending PJHS right now and I thoroughly enjoy it. The principal is strict but he does his job. The Band program is amazing. They give a lot of individualized attention when needed. The school offers several clubs including Beta Club, Future Business Leaders of America, Fellowship of Christian Students, and more. They also have several sports including football, boys and girls basketball, girls volleyball, and they also have varsity sports with PHS. I enjoy all of my teachers and most classes. Our school could improve on the funding of the band program as they are not receiving any funding and are relying on students fundraising.

Posted February 06, 2013
As most of the other reviews have stated, if you are a military family...RUN from this school. Our daughter is in 7th grade. Prior to moving here she was a straight A student, no discipline problems, and very active in sports. I have had to go to the school 5 times in four months to resolve issues. My daughter broke her right-hand at gumnastics, she was told by a teacher that she didn't need help, she could write with her left. The list is a mile long on what we have put up with. Most of the children in the school were born and raised here and treat the military kids coming in as outsiders. This is my daughters 7th school and the first time it has really made me feel that we have done her a disservice. She is so miserable, she begs to stay home daily. I have talked to other military parents in the community and this pretty much the story I got, only a few have had good results from this school. If you can afford it, send your kid to private school or look at Millbrook or Wetumpka. Prattville is not all it said to be.

Posted February 03, 2013
2/2013 my daughter just started here and she hates it she says kids pick on her friends and she's afraid there going to start picking on her so I'm seriously thinking of puting her in home school.

Prattville Jr High School 4

Posted November 04, 2012
As a military family we always have the difficult decision of where to send our children for their education. We chose to send our daughter to PJHS and have been pleasantly surprised. We have encountered ZERO bullying within the school. The band program is excellent and through testing, advanced courses are available to students. The teachers eat lunch with the students which I find extraordinary which allows the students to develop stronger relationships with those they interact with on a daily basis. The school does the best it can with the funds available and encourages the children to enter essay contests, music solo and ensemble festivals as well as be active in their community. The private schools don't seem to offer much more for such a high pricetag and I did not want to gamble putting my daughter into the lottery at a magnet school in Montgomery. The new principal seems to have a good handle on his students and faculty. We would not hesitate to send our other children to this school should we get stationed to Maxwell AFB again.

1089 North Chestnut, Prattville, AL  36067
Last modified Prattville Jr High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-10, 12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.