Prattville, AL

Posted September 05, 2013
The Intermediate School has provided both of my children with an excellent educational foundation. The teachers and administration have always communicated effectively and helped resolve any issues. The students are challenged academically and encouraged to excel. Both of my children had homework that was appropriate for their ages and abilities. Grades are typically posted online weekly. If I ever had an issue with a grade, all of the teachers were more than happy to copy the graded paper and send it home so that I could review it.

Prattville Intermediate School 1

Posted May 23, 2013
I think the guy below needs to sell his house. This school is terrible academically. There is never any homework and the lessons are not challenging. If you really care about your child's education, definitely look elsewhere.

Posted November 04, 2012
As new military families have the difficult decision of where to send their student, I wanted to put in a good word for the "downtown Prattville" schools to include the Intermediate school. We purposely made the choice to live in the "downtown" area due to the larger homes and lot sizes. Consequently, we have been overwhelmingly pleased with the intermediate school. Contrary to other reviews, I have seen every paper or grade my child has earned and am able to check his grades instantly online. The teaching team my son has been placed with is extraordinary and he looks forward to school every day. The entire school district does lack in the technology area, but they do the best with the resources they have. The school takes advantage of the many historical sites around this area by offering field trips and encourages parental involvement. I do not feel as though this school is a "kid factory" as compared to DPES. My child receives the academic challenge he needs and my teachers are in constant communication with me by offering information via the school's website as well as a FB page. The APT is fully supported by the administration. Highly recommend!

Posted March 25, 2009

Prattville Intermediate School 2

Posted March 20, 2009
This school was highly rated and after 3/4 of a year at this school I will have to disagree with the high rating. They do not allow papers and tests that have been graded to leave the classroom, therefore making it very hard for the parents to assit their child with any areas that need work. I don't find out what his grades were on the tests and papers until the 6 week progress report comes home. This is unsatisfactory! They also told him that if he misses a day of state testing, he will not be able to attend any special events/activities. This is unfair to the student to be punished for something that is out of their control! This school is very set in their ways and don't like the military coming in every year and trying to give them better ideas.

Prattville Intermediate School 3

Posted October 30, 2007
I was not impressed with the condescending attitude of the front office staff. I also find the teachers and adminstration to be very unorganized. There are limited extracurricular activities for the students. However, the parent association is very active at this school.

Posted March 01, 2006
I am pleased with Prattville Intermediate. My child has Ms. Davis for 5th grade, and she and the other teachers that work with her are very on top of the academics for each child. As is the case with most girls this age my daughter has had problems with talking. Ms. Davis and I have worked together to improve this problem. She emails me or writes in her progress reports how she has done. My daughter loves all three of her teachers and this is so important because the academics get harder as they move up and good teachers who support their students academically as well as nurture their uniqueness is what makes kids want to learn. The administrators are very good and work well with the teachers, students and parents. The art teacher is a hoot, and has really taught my daughter alot. Aimee Liles

Posted December 13, 2005
Two of my three children have attended here with very good results. The Principal has taken time to talk personally with me about any concerns. Discipline is evident by the behavior of the children at assemblies and in the halls on a daily basis. Parental involvement is the key to the success of the school and is covered by a core group of regulars with others filling in when they can. The parental involvement is encouraged with activities such as parent's lunch days and invitations to assemblies. Although there are few organized sporting activities other than physical education, it is more positive in allowing the staff to focus on education with a good recreation department under the city's leisure service.

Posted February 19, 2005
I am very happy with my fifth grade son's teacher and his overall studies. He enjoys his school day and is interested in what he does. Thank you for everything at Prattville Intermediate School.

Prattville Intermediate School
1020 Honeysuckle Dr, Prattville, AL  36067
Last modified Prattville Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 5-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Prattville Intermediate School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top