Bad
Good

My son went to this school for two years and I have left a review on here not once but twice about his bad experience there trying to warn parents of issues in the school. I find it funny how both my postings were removed even though they did not violate any terms. Make sure you grill your child every day they come home from this school to ensure they were treated correctly.

The Intermediate School has provided both of my children with an excellent educational foundation. The teachers and administration have always communicated effectively and helped resolve any issues. The students are challenged academically and encouraged to excel. Both of my children had homework that was appropriate for their ages and abilities. Grades are typically posted online weekly. If I ever had an issue with a grade, all of the teachers were more than happy to copy the graded paper and send it home so that I could review it.

I think the guy below needs to sell his house. This school is terrible academically. There is never any homework and the lessons are not challenging. If you really care about your child's education, definitely look elsewhere.

As new military families have the difficult decision of where to send their student, I wanted to put in a good word for the "downtown Prattville" schools to include the Intermediate school. We purposely made the choice to live in the "downtown" area due to the larger homes and lot sizes. Consequently, we have been overwhelmingly pleased with the intermediate school. Contrary to other reviews, I have seen every paper or grade my child has earned and am able to check his grades instantly online. The teaching team my son has been placed with is extraordinary and he looks forward to school every day. The entire school district does lack in the technology area, but they do the best with the resources they have. The school takes advantage of the many historical sites around this area by offering field trips and encourages parental involvement. I do not feel as though this school is a "kid factory" as compared to DPES. My child receives the academic challenge he needs and my teachers are in constant communication with me by offering information via the school's website as well as a FB page. The APT is fully supported by the administration. Highly recommend!

This school was highly rated and after 3/4 of a year at this school I will have to disagree with the high rating. They do not allow papers and tests that have been graded to leave the classroom, therefore making it very hard for the parents to assit their child with any areas that need work. I don't find out what his grades were on the tests and papers until the 6 week progress report comes home. This is unsatisfactory! They also told him that if he misses a day of state testing, he will not be able to attend any special events/activities. This is unfair to the student to be punished for something that is out of their control! This school is very set in their ways and don't like the military coming in every year and trying to give them better ideas.

I was not impressed with the condescending attitude of the front office staff. I also find the teachers and adminstration to be very unorganized. There are limited extracurricular activities for the students. However, the parent association is very active at this school.

Last modified Prattville Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 5-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.