Prattville, AL

Posted August 14, 2013
My son attended this school for first and second grade! Can I just say that I was so impressed by the level of concern from the teachers and staff. My son had Mrs. DeRamus in the first grade..... my son felt she was "mean". But, I will tell you, she is a GREAT TEACHER!!!!! She keeps her kids on track, and pushes then to succeed. I was very thankful she was my sons teacher. He had some problems in a couple areas, and she went above and beyond to help my son. If your child gets her, I promise you will have a great teacher!! My sons second grade he had Mrs. Dutton. Mrs Dutton is such awarm hearted teacher, and loves everyone of her students.... and you see it too! One thing that really inpressed me about her, was one day my son was telling me one of the kids got into trouble. I asked him," What did Mrs, Dutton do?" His said," She looked so sad at him, and said so nice why did you do that? You hurts her feelings and mine too! Now I have to give you a color pin and let your mom know." But he said, " It makes us feel bad when we make her sad." She loves her students so, and they lover her back!!! Not only that, she is a FANTASTIC teacher!!! And Loves parents involvement.

Prattville Primary School 1

Posted June 15, 2013
My original comment has obviously been deleted. I did not name my child's teacher just things that had happened to him there. This school is awful. If there is an alternative to sending your child here take it.

Posted May 06, 2013
We absolutely LOVE PPS! I am familiar with 1st grade teacher Mrs. Emily Cook, and 1st grade teacher Mrs.L Bolden. We have enjoyed them both. Mrs.Cook is one of the most patient, soft spoken teachers I have ever met. She learns each student and does everything in her power for them to succeed. A favorite moment of mine with her is when my new 1st grade son was so scared and nervous about his new environment that he wouldn't speak or look at her on the first day of school. She got down on her knees to his eye level and let him know that he was going to be fine and she would walk him through everything he needed to know.Awesome. Mrs.Bolden is also very sweet, dedicated teacher. She is very easy to talk to and has a true desire to help children meet their personal goals. She will hold your child accountable and teach them to be respnonsible. Mrs.Bolden is strict and to the point, with this being said some may perceive her to be hard. I think she would blend well more with the student who is able to handle structure, routine, and is eager to learn. We have never had a problem with ANY faculty member. The principal is GREAT. He is a very active and present leader in the school.

Prattville Primary School 2

Posted October 04, 2011
I attended this school way back in 2001 and 2002 before moving to Georgia. Both times was in the first grade-because of my reading level. My teacher never really taught me how to read, she just seemed to expect me to know it. My mom started me in school late, so I never went to Pre-K or kindergarten. I never learned how to read, so I failed nearly every AR test and no one did anything about it. Then when a student did something bad once, I told the teacher. Her reply? "Don't be a tattle-tale." Apparently she supported bullying/rule-breaking. I get angry to think about it now, but back then I felt hurt. I felt like I had done something wrong, when in reality I had done something right. Gym. I hated that. I remember one time I had fallen off my bike and skinned all the skin off my knee, and yet the P.E. teachers still made me participate in the "bike exercise"-where we had to bend our knees about a thousand times. I tried to explain to them why I shouldn't, but they wouldn't listen, so when I got home my knee was bleeding again. I'm so glad I moved. If this is the primary school, I don't even WANT to be in the highschool!

Posted May 11, 2011
We have had a wonderful year at PPS! Our daughter is in Mrs. Nix 2nd grade class and has made huge progress in this class. She came in below grade level and with the help and support of the teacher and staff she has been able to catch up and is now thriving here!

Prattville Primary School 1

Posted April 18, 2011
I have to write this review even though it was a few years ago when this happened. My child was in Mrs. Syslo's 2nd grade class. This was the worst year of mine and my child's school year. She aloud bullying to go on, then when I would adress it she said "her class would not do this". I know it was happening because I had another child (friend) that told me what what was happening. So many things happened that year I can not address them all. I just want to warn other parents not to put your child in her class. I like teachers who have a kind heart and loving attitude toward all children!!!! My chidren no longer attend public school. I just could not take another chance of getting that type of teacher again.

Prattville Primary School 0

Posted September 30, 2008
Our family has just moved to Alabama this summer. I have been extremely impressed with his teacher and the school in general. My son is in Mrs. Emily Mills second grade class. Mrs. Mills makes learning fun and at the same time she is not afraid to challenge her students. Parents are encouraged to be as involved as much as they would like.

Posted September 22, 2008

Prattville Primary School 0

Posted March 13, 2008
My child is currently attending Prattville Primary School. It is a wonderful experience. Mrs. Shoupe is her teacher and continues to amaze me everyday with her energy and dedication. This school is well run. I am so very thankful that my child is challenged each and every day. I love this school!

Posted October 30, 2007
Excellent school! Wonderful teachers and administration.

Prattville Primary School
216 Wetumpka St, Prattville, AL  36067
Last modified Prattville Primary School is a Public school that serves grades 1-2
Prattville Primary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top