Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

I can't say enough about the PPS staff! Mrs. Mills and Mrs. Moon are great teachers! Also, the principal is a very caring lady with a passion for education. I'm so glad my children get to go here!

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

The new principal loves education and children. She truly cares about the kids!

My son attends PPS and is having a blast with his teacher Mrs Lambert. I want to give the school more stars but I have received problems from the administration. There is always only one faculty member present at drop off in the morning, vice principal, Jannet Skinner. My son is a small boy and has had issues opening the car door. I didn't believe this to be a problem as Mrs Skinner is right there and I had watched her help the small children opening the car doors before. One morning, my son, was having a hard time and I tried to get of the car to help. I immediately was yelled at by Miss Skinner to get back in the car. I listened to her and my son ended up falling out of the car and his things spilled all over the ground. I got out to help him and asked her why she didn't help. She didn't seem concerned even though my son had scraps to his legs and his back pack was soaked by a puddle. I decided that this was an issue and phoned for the principal voicing my concerns and asking for a solution. I wanted to know why Miss Skinner didn't care that my son was having a hard time and wanted to file a complaint. The principals told me that they can't help everyone and blew me off. We agreed, however, that I could park at a side parking lot and walk my son up to the school to help fix the issue. This seemed to work and I had assumed that the issue had been resolved. As the weeks went by my husband, who occasionally takes our son to school remarked that the assistant principal opens the car for our son all the time for him. I thought that odd but didn't worry about it. Today, has been the second incident. After falling the line of cars and stopping (I don't move the car while kids are getting out) right beside the Miss Skinner. I assumed that since she was beside the car that she would simply open the door as my son was waving at her. She didn't. I rolled the window down and asked her to help. She waited until the cars in front of me moved and said, "no you have to park and you are blocking traffic." I said confused, "why won't you just help." She said, "no the principal has already discussed this with you and you need to move." We are having to file with the superintendent now as I am growing concerned that her behavior towards me might affect my son. If you have a problem file a complaint, even when they make you feel that your problem isn't important. ~A mother

This school is average. This school is like every other school in town; do not question any school policies or teacher decisions. From the superintendent down to every teacher and principal, they hate anyone who disagrees with their ways, even for matters that blatantly violate county policy. Read comments for all Prattville schools; all the comments are exactly true. Some teachers are great, so you will have a great experience. Some teachers are not good, and the administrators won't care.

My son attended this school for first and second grade! Can I just say that I was so impressed by the level of concern from the teachers and staff. My son had Mrs. DeRamus in the first grade..... my son felt she was "mean". But, I will tell you, she is a GREAT TEACHER!!!!! She keeps her kids on track, and pushes then to succeed. I was very thankful she was my sons teacher. He had some problems in a couple areas, and she went above and beyond to help my son. If your child gets her, I promise you will have a great teacher!! My sons second grade he had Mrs. Dutton. Mrs Dutton is such awarm hearted teacher, and loves everyone of her students.... and you see it too! One thing that really inpressed me about her, was one day my son was telling me one of the kids got into trouble. I asked him," What did Mrs, Dutton do?" His said," She looked so sad at him, and said so nice why did you do that? You hurts her feelings and mine too! Now I have to give you a color pin and let your mom know." But he said, " It makes us feel bad when we make her sad." She loves her students so, and they lover her back!!! Not only that, she is a FANTASTIC teacher!!! And Loves parents involvement.

My original comment has obviously been deleted. I did not name my child's teacher just things that had happened to him there. This school is awful. If there is an alternative to sending your child here take it.

We absolutely LOVE PPS! I am familiar with 1st grade teacher Mrs. Emily Cook, and 1st grade teacher Mrs.L Bolden. We have enjoyed them both. Mrs.Cook is one of the most patient, soft spoken teachers I have ever met. She learns each student and does everything in her power for them to succeed. A favorite moment of mine with her is when my new 1st grade son was so scared and nervous about his new environment that he wouldn't speak or look at her on the first day of school. She got down on her knees to his eye level and let him know that he was going to be fine and she would walk him through everything he needed to know.Awesome. Mrs.Bolden is also very sweet, dedicated teacher. She is very easy to talk to and has a true desire to help children meet their personal goals. She will hold your child accountable and teach them to be respnonsible. Mrs.Bolden is strict and to the point, with this being said some may perceive her to be hard. I think she would blend well more with the student who is able to handle structure, routine, and is eager to learn. We have never had a problem with ANY faculty member. The principal is GREAT. He is a very active and present leader in the school.

I attended this school way back in 2001 and 2002 before moving to Georgia. Both times was in the first grade-because of my reading level. My teacher never really taught me how to read, she just seemed to expect me to know it. My mom started me in school late, so I never went to Pre-K or kindergarten. I never learned how to read, so I failed nearly every AR test and no one did anything about it. Then when a student did something bad once, I told the teacher. Her reply? "Don't be a tattle-tale." Apparently she supported bullying/rule-breaking. I get angry to think about it now, but back then I felt hurt. I felt like I had done something wrong, when in reality I had done something right. Gym. I hated that. I remember one time I had fallen off my bike and skinned all the skin off my knee, and yet the P.E. teachers still made me participate in the "bike exercise"-where we had to bend our knees about a thousand times. I tried to explain to them why I shouldn't, but they wouldn't listen, so when I got home my knee was bleeding again. I'm so glad I moved. If this is the primary school, I don't even WANT to be in the highschool!

We have had a wonderful year at PPS! Our daughter is in Mrs. Nix 2nd grade class and has made huge progress in this class. She came in below grade level and with the help and support of the teacher and staff she has been able to catch up and is now thriving here!

I have to write this review even though it was a few years ago when this happened. My child was in Mrs. Syslo's 2nd grade class. This was the worst year of mine and my child's school year. She aloud bullying to go on, then when I would adress it she said "her class would not do this". I know it was happening because I had another child (friend) that told me what what was happening. So many things happened that year I can not address them all. I just want to warn other parents not to put your child in her class. I like teachers who have a kind heart and loving attitude toward all children!!!! My chidren no longer attend public school. I just could not take another chance of getting that type of teacher again.

Last modified Prattville Primary School is a Public school that serves grades 1-2