Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Principal is not visible, teaching methods are not super effective, mudic only 30 minutes once per week, art only once per week, as a parent I don't feel welcome in the school. It is difficult to get school to help a student that struggles.

Supports LD students: Disagree

Tried to tell me my student is ADD instead of taking time/effort to test her.

Effective school leaders: Disagree

Never see the principal at car line in the mornings. It is November and I wouldn't recognize the principal. Teachers don't seem willing to go out of way to help students learn.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

My 5th grader struggles. Teachers don't seem to care. They have the opinion that by 5th grade students should just deal.

This school is horrible. They will punish the students and put office referrals in their records but they won't do anything to teachers who bully children. I don't agree with that. Teachers should be punished just like the students. My child was bullied by his teachers and I had to put him in therapy because of it. Nothing happened to the teachers and they laugh in your face like it's funny. No respect at this school.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

Principals don't care about our children at all.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

They abuse their authority. Bullying children is not ok

We have been a part of the DPES family since my daughter was in 1st grade. No run in with principal n vp r nice front desk lady Sarah. first recommend Horton now Johnson i think 3rd defintly mrs stewrat n 5th byard n myers ms harp is good too other teachers well good luck

I have had two grandchildren attend DPES and have met all their teachers and participated in many of their events. Both grandchildren have done outstanding and continue to lead in their peer groups. The teachers have all been outstanding in their training, preparation and presentation of subject material. The children enjoy going to school for the learning experience. I can't think of any other school I would rather have my grandchildren attend.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Once I got a call from our child's teacher. For the first (and last, thank goodness) time, he got in trouble twice in a day. The second time, another kid got in trouble for talking and our child was also talking but did not get in trouble. Our son then went to the teacher and admitted he should have gotten in trouble, too, which he rightfully did. A ticket was taken away or given, whatever the consequences were. Regardless, this practice we believe reflects what was expected from his teacher. Although not pleased for getting in trouble, we were impressed with his admittance and what was expected in the classroom.

Last modified Daniel Pratt Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 1-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.