Prattville, AL
Students enrolled: 1,295

Posted April 14, 2015
This is the worst school that my children have attended. The children get bullied by the teachers which have lead to other students bullying each other. They will punish students for their wrongdoings but not the teachers. My children come home everyday with horrible stories. The principals even threaten the students. My children are so afraid. Military families please stay away. The principal retired and they still have informed the parents and this happened about 3 weeks ago. They put children as small as 1st graders in school suspension for 3 days even if the punishment doesn't fit the crime. My children have gotten bullied but afraid to tell because they will get in trouble for tattling.
6 people found this helpful

Posted April 14, 2015
After reading all of the reviews about Daniel Pratt ES, we had a hard time deciding if we should rent a home zoned for this school for our 10 month stay in Alabama. We decided it couldn't be that bad for one year. Well, it's been one the most stressful years in our life! We have family members in the teaching profession and have always been huge teacher supporters! At this school, yes, you will find a handful of wonderful teachers trying the very best with what they have to work with at this school. If your child gets these teachers feel very very blessed! Both of our children who attended are good students, very well behaved, and are teacher pleasers. The daily hostile environment at this school turned one of our children into an emotional wreck; she now hates school and tears up at the very thought of going into the classroom to survive another day! Our older child is better able to roll with the punches and, although she didn't struggle as much, she has been able to give us a very good idea of what goes on at this school to create such a hostile environment. I could honestly write a book on the examples! Avoid if possible!!!

Posted April 14, 2015
I regret sending my kids here. The teachers do not seem to like being here or being around children, they display inappropriate behaviors and lack cultural sensitivity. They use fear tactics for classroom management by bullying the children, using threats, humiliation, and public insults. They deny the kids their right to use their voice when advocating for their educational needs. Teachers are easily irritated and hand out discipline notes, use whole class punishment and send kids as young as 1st grade to ISS and the alternative school for small infractions. There is little to no interaction with parents, the ONLY time the school contacts you is when they want money. Children are scared to be here and lose all motivation to learn. Of course there are some good teachers, and we have been blessed with them but my kids are still afraid because they know at any moment they can and will be a target of teacher harrassment and bullying. Be careful when chosing this school.

Daniel Pratt Elementary School 5

Posted February 24, 2015
Look no further, military families or new families to Prattville! This school deserves 5 stars! Daniel Pratt is an excellent school!! The teachers my children have had are fantastic! One of my children has special needs and we have been very happy with the staff and specialists who have taken such good care of our son. The staff is very loving. The school is very safe. The front office staff is fabulous. Laurie, the receptionist, always has a smile. I wish we were staying longer so that our children could continue attending this great school!
2 people found this helpful

Daniel Pratt Elementary School 4

Posted January 11, 2015
Our child has been a student at DPES for 2 years and we have had no problems. Her teachers have all been fantastic. My main concern is with the lack of extracurricular classes. ie weekly art, music, technology & structured PE

Posted December 14, 2014
I would not recommend this school because of the principal. He treats the parents very badly and threatens to have parents banned from the school if they have a disagreement with him. The vice principals are his little puppets. He has them trained well. The punishment is very cruel for 6,7, and 8 year olds. They assign them to in school suspension for small things. I feel like you can talk to children about some things the first time so that they can understand it was a bad choice. The school doesn't allow parents to do much at the school. I was able to go to my son old school whenever as long as I checked in at the front office.
2 people found this helpful

Daniel Pratt Elementary School 5

Posted October 27, 2014
We moved here from a small town in Ohio where my son had gone to school with the same kids since kindergarten. He entered the 6th grade when we moved here and he's happier than he's ever been! It's a fantastic school and I love how they encourage parent evolvement but don't force it down your throat. You're welcome to come eat lunch with your child everyday. There is a 0% tolerance for bullying. The teachers and staff are phenominal! We couldn't be happier.

Daniel Pratt Elementary School 3

Posted October 14, 2014
This school has great teachers who do the best with the resources they're given, however they seem to be stressed beyond their limits. I am up there occasionally and I've overheard some of the teachers' concerns about teaching 4 classes. This 4 class change is new for the upper grades this year. The teachers' mentioned that they felt as if they weren't meeting their students' needs because of the shorter class periods, too much paperwork, and lack of rapport with their students. This is heartbreaking to hear as a parent. In the near future, my child will be in the upper grades. I worry if my child will be provided the best education with the demands of this type of schedule. It seems like the school is trying to run a junior high-type schedule in an elementary school setting. I really hope the administration of this school will consider some of their teachers' and parents' concerns in making future plans for our children's education and success. This is a great school. I definitely don't want to pull my child from it, but when it comes to your children, you want to do what's best for them.

Daniel Pratt Elementary School 4

Posted August 18, 2014
We are millitary one parrent active one retired. This tour to Maxwell started with AWC. We have been here for three years. We have a 1st grader and a 6th grader this year. Previous school was in Greenville NC. First there are 1200 students at this school. 6th grade class size will be just over 30 students this year. As with any school, the learning environment for the child is teacher/parent dependent. Teachers do not have time to focus on each child. They do a good job of presenting the material in standard way, and the parent will need to help thier child with any issues. This was the same with our last school. The constant fund raising is anoying to parents and distracting to students but necessary to do with budget cuts. I've had very little interaction with the administration, but they seem cordial enough. The lacking arts programs are standard in all disticts that have to choose between comon core and "extra" courses. Recent rankings put Alabama 48th. If you are comming from the North East, or the Mid west you may be dissapointed, but as compared to other schools in the south then Daniel Pratt does an excellent job.

Daniel Pratt Elementary School 2

Posted June 18, 2014
During this past year 2013/2014 school year, my daughter has had the best experience ever at DPES. My daughter struggled in previous years at the school and had teachers who did not take time out to help her when she needed help. This past year in fifth grade, my daughter had the teacher by the name of, Ms. Myers who taught (math, science and history) and she was God sent to my daughter. She took time out to make sure that not only was my daughter getting the information but that ALL of her peers were getting it. I have another child who will be entering fifth grade next year and we were hoping that he would have Ms. Myers as well but we heard from other disappointed parents that she was moved to special education for some "co-teaching" thing the school has decided to do this 2014/2015 school year. This is very disappointing to see wonderful classroom teachers to be taken away from children who are average students just as my daughter and son. We are a military family and we have now decided to homeschool our children for the simple reasons of DPES is always changing too much (teachers being moved and inconsistence of administration).

Daniel Pratt Elementary School
420 Harvest Loop, Prattville, AL  36066
Last modified Daniel Pratt Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 1-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Daniel Pratt Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 101 reviews. Top