K
Prattville, AL

Prattville Kinderg School 2

Posted August 27, 2013
If your child has separation anxiety the Marijac Hunt is not the teacher for them. I think she started off being an attentive teacher but as she has had her own children and years has passed, so has that characteristic. She has not reached out to my son once, not with a hug, a pat on the shoulder or even a kind word. She comes off as cold hearted.

Posted June 19, 2012
My second son completed a wonderful year at PKS in 2012. The Principal reminded the children daily to make it a great day, or not - the choice was theirs. This prompted wonderful school to home conversations at the dinner table as discussions led to celebrations for good choices and helpful hints for others. I also felt that the Principal's high visibility throughout the day contributed to a safe environment and gave parents confidence in the fact that she knew her school, faculty, staff, parents, and students. As she monitored the halls in the mornings, she greeted students by name, gave them compliments, smiles and hugs before sending them on their way. My son loved to wear his NASCAR jacket because Mrs. Riddle always told him the jacket was her favorite! She monitored dismissal at the front doors in the afternoon, even sometimes directing traffic herself. Because this school had such wonderful leadership, the day ran smoothly. Great teachers delivered challenging lessons and provided opportunities for social growth. I know my son is well prepared for 1st grade. Thank you PKS and Mrs. Riddle for developing and maintaining a safe, nurturing, loving, and clean environment!

Posted December 08, 2011
I have a child who had to make the difficult transition not only from relocating but then shortly there after starting Kindergarten. It has only been a half a semester but so far my child loves school! The staff has always been very pleasant when I pop in or attend class functions. My Childs teacher is AWESOME Now these are kindergarteners and they may play ruff but from what I experienced from the school and the bus no bullying allowed! Great school, Awesome teacher, fabulous souther style hot lunches! I'm glad my child is happy and thriving!

Posted October 17, 2011
My son attends PKS and he loves it! Although it is early in the year, I can already see how much he's learned. He has a wonderful, patient teacher whom I can tell truly cares for the children in her class. The school administration is nothing but nice everytime I visit the school. I was nervous having my first child start Kindergarten, but have found this transition easy for him (and me)! My son has a food allergy and the nurse and staff have been very accomodating and overly cautious at all times, which is such a relief and comfort to me.

Posted June 15, 2011
I had a lot of reservations about sending my son to Kindergarten as he's been slow in developing his social skills as well as other areas. He barely made the age cut-off (being one of the very youngest in kindergarten) to add to my concern. I was very upfront with his teacher regarding his development and areas of weakness, she was grateful for the information and was confident she would be able to work with him. My son adores his teacher and had the BEST time at school. It was a wonderful learning opportunity for him...and me!

Posted May 11, 2011
Im not sure why this is listed as a preschool when it is a Kindergarten. But we have had a great year at PKS! Our older children attended Kinder in a different state and both had issues with not being fully ready for the transition to 1st grade. However our youngest daughter has thrived here and we feel very confident in her continuing to 1st grade. The teachers and staff are all amazing and very friendly and helpful. They really encourage parental involvement in the class and on field trips. Our year with PKS has been a wonderful experience!

Posted September 18, 2009
Both of my children have attended this school. They had wonderful experiences. The teachers and administration go above and beyond to ensure a fun and successful kindergarten experience. Thanks PKS!

Prattville Kinderg School 0

Posted June 26, 2009
I had a child at PKS last year and was very pleased. I loved the warm, caring atmosphere and the cute western theme. My child enjoyed going to school every day. He is reading above grade level and is definately ready for first grade. The principal is involved and very concerned about student safety.

Prattville Kinderg School 3