No rating

Autauga Academy

Private | PK-12 | 282 students

Living in Prattville

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $93,400. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $790.

Posted August 11, 2013

Autauga Academy rocks! That's about all you can say to cover it all. Our children attended another private school in the area and there is a world of difference between that school and Autauga Academy. You can feel the pride and school spirit as soon as you drive onto the campus. Even as we entered the school the first time for orientation, we were made to feel like we were a part of the AA Generals family and that feeling has never left. The faculty and staff take a personal interest in each one of the students and invest themselves in their future. It's hard to find that these days. If you invest in your child's future and enroll them at Autauga Academy, you will definitely receive a well-rounded student upon your child's graduation. Academically, athletically, and socially-Autauga Academy cannot be outdone. I can only say that I wish we had enrolled our children in Autauga Academy earlier than we did. There are generations of students that have passed through the doorways there and I hope that our children will begin a new tradition of our family and send their kids to Autauga Academy as well.

Posted July 9, 2012

The headmaster at Autauga Academy is the sweetest and most caring leader a school could have. He knows every child in the school, and is genuinely concerned about each one. The campus is beautiful, and the teachers and staff are very friendly. My 3 children only attended for a few months--having homeschooled their entire lives, I was initially concerned about how well they would "fit in." They absolutely loved it. We returned to homeschooling because it honestly just fit our family's extracurricular schedule better (they did not participate in the many sports/athletics opportunities available to them at AA), but my children have fond memories of their brief time at Autauga Academy. The school is not in a convenient location, which was a problem for my family, but they had students attending who had much longer drives than our family did. I love this little school!

Posted September 16, 2011

My children have been at the Academy for four years and we are very pleased. Both of our boys attend the elementary school. The teachers are well qualified and the curriculum is second to none. I strongly disagree with the reviewer who stated that the main focus is atheletics. I have found there to be a healthy emphasis on academics and the school boasts a college preparatory curriculum. That being said, having two boys, we are thankful that the school does offer a lot of atheletics to participate in as well. So far they have played basketball and baseball and soon will play football too. We love having our kids in a safe, Christian environment. We would not consider sending our boys anywhere else.

Posted August 5, 2010

Having attended this school in the early 1970s to early1980s, I will have to say that the education I received and friends I had and still have today helped me to grow in character and integrity. I have thanked my parents many times for their sacrifices so that I could attend Autauga Academy. The principal, teachers, and Board of Directors give there heart and soul to the school so it can be the best it can be. Parents are encouraged to be active in the school so they may give their assets (whatever that may be) and opinions (good or critical) to make the Academy the best place for their child's education. The academics are strongly coming back in focus as the main reason a child attends...after all, it is a college preparatory school! As long as the good Lord deems me able, I will send my children to the Academy!

Posted February 24, 2008

I hesitate to give AAG an above average rating; however, when compared to Prattville's public Jr High and High School it is the safest and healthiest environment for tweens and teens. The teachers DO care for the children, but for the most part the school is lacking in discipline and academic focus. The school's main focus is sports, while little emphasis is placed on academics. That being said, AAG provides an academic program equal to the public school system (you WILL see positive growth on your child's standardized test scores), and a safe, kid friendly atmosphere. The bible classes are nondenominational and are suitable for children from any Christian background (the school has even had a few atheists and Muslims who were able to fit in comfortably). In addition, there are minorities at AAG, even though greatschools.org show AAG at 100% white.

Posted May 11, 2004

My daughter left public school after her sophmore yr for this private school. She is back on the A-B honor roll again & is participating in more activities/sports than she ever did. We have seen a rise in her self-esteem as she elects to take on more. She enjoys class and is very fond of her teachers. The headmaster even gave of his time to coach the girls' softball team. She went from a school with approx 2,000 students to 200 students. This school has lots of fundraisers in which the students are involved.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 1%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Nonsectarian
Associations
  • NIPSA

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

497 Golson Road