East Memorial Christian Academy

Private | PK-12 | 370 students

Living in Prattville

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $131,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $830.

Sweep tile

Posted June 10, 2009

My daughter graduated this year and we will miss the school greatly. The staff is wonderful and really cares for the children. We feel very blessed our daughter was able to go the EMAC. Bro. Jerry, the princpal/school administrator, whatever hat you put on him :) ....... he is just great with the kids! The Lord has blessed this school and we hope to see many more years of them serving the Lord and educating or youth in a good, healthy, Godly environment.

Posted June 3, 2009

My son just graduated this year with a full academic scholarship to Auburn! How can you argue with that, we love this place! Go Wildcats and War Eagle!

Posted May 27, 2009

Both of my kids have attended EMCA since it opened. I can honestly say they are more knowledgeable about the bible than I am. EMCA has truly been a blessing to our family. It's been wonderful watching my kids grow and learn in such a christian environment. My husband and I would work part-time jobs to keep our children at EMCA.

Posted May 26, 2009

I've had 2 students to graduate from EMCA and they are doing great in college. Both received full tuition academic scholarships for college. They felt very prepared for college. I still have one student at EMCA and he is doing great. The staff is very professional and has a heart for the students. They go above and beyond to help their students be successful. The administration is committed to evaluting what is being done and willing to make the appropriate changes to be the best. They have an open door policy that allows parents to voice their concerns and/or their praise. It is the best school!!

Posted May 26, 2009

Our daughter attended EMCA this school year for the first time. She was hesitant to do so but after the first few weeks made the statment that she 'loves EMCA and would not go back to her prior public high school for any reason'. Mr. Watkins, Administrator, is wonderful! He is very personable with each family/student, compassionate, and above all wants EMCA to honor Christ. I feel our daughter is being well-educated and prepared for college in the near future. The extra-curricular opportunities are many and parents are encouraged to become involved in all areas of school life. Visit EMCA and you will experience the warm-hearted atmosphere that draws families to this great school! Best Chrishstian school in the tri-county area!

Posted May 25, 2009

My daughter has been attending EMCA for three years. We have absolubetly loved it! She just graduated this past Thursday night. We have enjoyed the professionalism by staff and faculty. Along with this professionalism, there is alsom a high degree of a family atmosphere. It is very pleasant to have your child called by name by the principal. We will be a little saddened to not be an active part of the EMCA family.

Posted May 24, 2009

I went to a private school where the attitude was 'if you don't like it, you can leave.' Prior to this year my child was in public school and the feeling I got most of the time was that parents were intruders and the teachers were burned out. It has not been like that at EMCA. Everyone has been nice and gone above and beyond to make us feel at home. The school does a great job of keeping partents informed, staying up to date with technology, and providing quality education while preparing the students for the real world. My child had some difficulty with two subjects; I spoke with the teachers and they were professional, kind, and handled my concerns quickly and thoroughly. The amount of homework is reasonable. The administration is great, office staff is great, teachers are great. We will be at EMCA until graduation.

Posted May 23, 2009

A wonderful school. My son loves it and the teachers are very dedicated. A beka book too! Also, when you see the teachers' own kids going there and the principal's as well, that tells you something about this school. The principal , Jerry watkins, is an oustanding very personalable man that cares deeply about the vision of this school. As a parent, I trust my child is getting the best education possible and obtaining the knowledge of God not just by the teaching but by example and that goes along way.

Posted May 22, 2009

Excellent school, I would not change schools for anything. Even if it did mean paying less! Jerry Watkins is great, the teachers are great and if your child is not involved in something, it is because he/she does not want to be. The whole foundation is built on Christ which you will not find in public schools.

Posted May 22, 2009

EMCA has been a wonderful experience for our daughter. She was dissatisfied with the public school environment and felt as though she did not fit in. She has attended EMCA for two years and loves it. She is receiving a quality education in a loving, Christ centered environment where she has much in common with other students. The staff has been a blessing to our family and has gone above and beyond to make sure children who attend school there are nurtured and loved.

Posted May 22, 2009

I love this school! We learn a lot and have fun!
—Submitted by a student

Posted May 22, 2009

EMCA has over exceeded our expectations as parents. They have an excellent curriculmn that is equipped with loving and caring teachers. The scholastic achievement of the students is very impressive and the biblical teaching drives the students to focus more on Christ and it also plants a desire to learn and be focused more on his kingdom. EMCA has been a blessing in my family life and we glad that we found a school where our kids are receiving a quality education in a loving and caring environment.

Posted May 21, 2009

EMCA has proven to be a wonderful place of learning. From the teachers and staff to the students one couldn't ask for a better school. When the juniors and seniors willingly help the elementary kids giving them a positive role model to look up to it gives you a sense of pride. The children are instilled with a sense of purpose and love from all the wonderful Christ following staff. Once again, a wonderful place for your child to grow.

Posted May 21, 2009

We are a military family that moved here a year ago from Albermarle County Virginia. We found the curriculum and academics to be on par with our son's school in VA. The staff and teachers are very caring and encourage the kids to do their best academically. Our son continues to read above grade level and the school uses the Accelerated Reader program to challenge the kids in this area. The principal and my son's teacher were very accessible and responded quickly to my notes and emails. As a first grader he had PE, Art, Music and Spanish during the week. EMCA has welcomed our family and our son into the school, and he was not treated any differently than any other child. We strongly recommend this school to families moving to the Montgomery area.

Posted May 21, 2009

East Memorial Christian Academy is the best private Christian school in the area. I check all the schools in the area before I decided to send my children to EMCA. The faculty and staff are well trained and have the well-being of the children as their priority. The atmsostsphere at the school is Christ centered and the cirriculum is challanging. I now have 4 children at EMCA and am thrilled with the quality of education they are receiving. The school is also expanding it's athletic programs and is very competetive in the AISA. Overall EMCA is an outstanding school and a top choice inthe Prattville area.

Posted May 21, 2009

We have been so blessed by the education our son has received thus far at EMCA. My son is reading books in K-4! He loves going to school each day and cried every night the last week of school because it was going to be over. I am constantly amazed at was he has learned not only academically - but about the Lord and building good character. An excellent choice.

Posted May 21, 2009

EMCA has been a great blessing to our family. Our 4th grader and 2nd grader have been challenged academically and have grown spiritually. Our transition to EMCA was seamless much to the efforts of teachers and administration. EMCA will remain a favorite as our military journey continues. An excellent choice for your children and your family.

Posted May 21, 2009

We are so happy at this school. It is a wonderful school and environment. I would recommend this school to anyone and everyone. My daughter loves going to school each day. That is a wonderful feeling for any parent.

Posted May 21, 2009

Excellent school for bringing up your children within the Biblical Worldview. 4.8 minus 0.2 due to incomplete athletic venues only.

Posted May 21, 2009

My son has attended EMCA for the last two years. We are a military family and find it hard to fit in to new schools but this has not been an issue at all. We love the school. Academically the school is topnotch. Class sizes are small in comparison to public schools, tuition is comparable to other private Christian schools. The staff is great and very easy to communicate with. All around I would never consider any other school.

Asian 1% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Two or more races 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Teacher resources

Foreign languages spoken by school staff Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

School start time
  • 8:00 a.m.
School end time
  • 3:00 p.m.
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school

• Video / Film production

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
  • Parents are the foundation of our school. we welcome parents to volunteer as their schedule permits. we host community blood-drives, can food drives, and other seasonal drives that allow us to give back to our community.