Roanoke, AL

Handley Middle School 5

Posted August 13, 2008
I feel that Handley Middley Has given my child great tools, For life skills and to be a better student. With teacher that care and work for the good of the student.

Handley Middle School 4

Posted February 06, 2006
I am very pleased with handley middle school and all it's programs.Sometimes the homework is a little much but it's important for the kids growth.I would like to see more teachers actually teach in a field that they are more comfortable with,which would be a big help to kids overall learning.

Handley Middle School 5

Posted January 23, 2006
I recently transferred my children to Handley Middle School from another school in the area. I must say that I have had nothing but positive experiences. My children come home each day excited about their teachers and the administration. They enjoy school for the first time. I know a lot of parents feel there is excessive homework. Sometimes, I think that too, but I realize that HMS is literally preparing my children for life beyond school. Being able to say you have learned something well means time spent on practice, which is homework. Roanoke City has the best schools in the area!

Handley Middle School 2

Posted January 13, 2006
I am really upset with the school. They have been working against myself and my parents instead of with us. They have not done the things they told us they would do. I don't think to highly at all of the school.

Handley Middle School 3

Posted October 22, 2005
I am so dissapointed at the homework the teachers at HMS give....I am envolved with my child in everything that he participates,so it's not that I am trying to pass the buck, but when students are up until 10:30 or 11:00p.m. doing home work, a teacher is not doing their job.

Handley Middle School
251 Gilham Rd, Roanoke, AL  36274
Last modified Handley Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 4-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Handley Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top