Bad
Good

If I could give it a zero, I would. My wife, and oldest step daughter are graduates. My youngest step daughter is a rising senior. Their basic skills, particularly math, are substandard. They are not challenged in any capacity. They are completely unprepared for college life. In fact, they are poorly prepared for life period. If I were a conspiracy theorist, I would say that the school preforms at this level to keep students as life long residents of the area. This school needs a MAJOR change in direction and focus.

LCHS has very good sports programs but as far as I could tell that's about it! I was a graduate of 07. Elementary is not too bad but high school is a joke. I took forensics for a trimester and all we did was watch CSI. There are several teachers that want to fit in with their students rather then be an authority figure. I would highly advise sending your children elsewhere.

This is not the school for you if you're expecting your child to be the next Einstein. While the English, science, and math departments are very strong, it seems other classes are really just an hour and fifteen minutes you slack off. The business tech classes are superb, however. As a student, I do wish there was more involvement with the theatre and band programs. Too much focus on sports, not enough on education.

Need to work on college preparation! Former high school athletes seem to struggle at the college level.

Both my children have gone to LCHS since they were 5 years old. LCHS is a school where the children come first. The teachers are highly skilled and work hard to bring out the best in each child. I've been very happy so far with LCHS. The elementary teachers and coaches are first class. Sports is really popular within the school and always have good teams, however, I wish there were more school involvement with the music and band programs, plus have a swim team sometime in the future.

Last modified Lauderdale Co High School is a Public school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.