Lauderdale Co High School 1

Posted August 09, 2012
If I could give it a zero, I would. My wife, and oldest step daughter are graduates. My youngest step daughter is a rising senior. Their basic skills, particularly math, are substandard. They are not challenged in any capacity. They are completely unprepared for college life. In fact, they are poorly prepared for life period. If I were a conspiracy theorist, I would say that the school preforms at this level to keep students as life long residents of the area. This school needs a MAJOR change in direction and focus.

Lauderdale Co High School 1

Posted January 06, 2011
LCHS has very good sports programs but as far as I could tell that's about it! I was a graduate of 07. Elementary is not too bad but high school is a joke. I took forensics for a trimester and all we did was watch CSI. There are several teachers that want to fit in with their students rather then be an authority figure. I would highly advise sending your children elsewhere.

Lauderdale Co High School 3

Posted April 21, 2008
This is not the school for you if you're expecting your child to be the next Einstein. While the English, science, and math departments are very strong, it seems other classes are really just an hour and fifteen minutes you slack off. The business tech classes are superb, however. As a student, I do wish there was more involvement with the theatre and band programs. Too much focus on sports, not enough on education.

Posted February 04, 2008

Lauderdale Co High School 4

Posted November 05, 2007
Need to work on college preparation! Former high school athletes seem to struggle at the college level.

Posted March 22, 2007
Both my children have gone to LCHS since they were 5 years old. LCHS is a school where the children come first. The teachers are highly skilled and work hard to bring out the best in each child. I've been very happy so far with LCHS. The elementary teachers and coaches are first class. Sports is really popular within the school and always have good teams, however, I wish there were more school involvement with the music and band programs, plus have a swim team sometime in the future.

Posted October 12, 2004
Lauderdale County High is a great school with caring teachers and supportive parents which intern provides and excellant education for my children. However I would like to see more involvement in elementary athletics.

Lauderdale Co High School 4

Posted January 13, 2004
LCHS is a wonderful school filled with loving teachers who are commited to their students. I am proud to send my two children to this school. They have a principal and assistant principal that are also very involved in the school life of all of their children.

Lauderdale Co High School
P.O. Drawer 220, Rogersville, AL  35652
Last modified Lauderdale Co High School is a Public school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lauderdale Co High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top