Bad
Good

I am very disappointed in this school. My daughter and her family recently moved into the district from another state. Our grandson is in 3rd grade. He is quite intelligent and gets very good grades. This school was near to expelling him for non-compliance after he had been there for 2 months. (He takes his time making decisions and did not always understand what the teacher was asking him to do.) The only thing the school asked to have done to help him succeed in school was for my daughter and son-in-law to give permission for corporal punishment to be administered by school personnel. They would not try putting him in another teacher's classroom or having a helper work with him or work with them in any other was. And, he never had a recess. I do not expect young children to sit in a classroom for 3-4 hours at a time without a break. Perhaps this is one reason why Alabama school children don't test very well on the national level. This school needs help!

The best in Lee County! Great test scores! Very supportive teachers and administrators! Five stars! I am happy my child is a part of this school.

Since moving here and starting at this school my daughters grades have dropped from A's to C's, she's become depressed and hates going to school, she's been bullied and picked on and starting counseling for depression and not a single person at that school seems willing to help and her own teacher told her, "I refuse to concern myself with matters that should be handled at home." If I could afford to put her in private school, I would have already done so. In the mean time, the absolute lack of cooperation and consideration afforded to the welfare of a child is appalling.

Though this isthe first year that wacoochee has been an elementary school and there are still a few bugs to work out, I could snot save more please. The teachers, faculty, and staff are beyond the best I have had the pleasure to work with. My four kids love it. I would recommend this school to any looking to move to the area.

My child is in 7th grade and loves WJHS. He is being challenged in school and loves his teachers. The administration is very supportive and really cares about the children.

well i go to WJHS! and i absoultely love it! the teachers there are great and help you when you need help...!!! and concerning sports... football does get most of the attention, but name one school where thats not true!! and as for volleyball... the rock!

My son loves Wacoochee and i hope my daughters enjoy it. The teachers push the students to learn. Some students who complain are probably the problem students. I hope it goes well for my daughters there.

I think Wacoochee gets a really bad reputation due to parents who say things that they have heard that are going on but really are not. I have had a son go through Wacoochee and no in the high school my daughter is in the 7th grade now. We have not had any problems with the school what so ever. They had been great. Parents need to remember that how a kid acts has to do with how they are raised at home. You would be surprised at the lack of support the school gets for any functions from the parents,because they (the parents) don't want to be inconvenienced. Maybe parents should take time out of their busy schedule and get involved in their child's education and sporting events.The Smith Stations Schools are the best.

The only reason I wont chage school is because of my friends. Some teachers are okay,but seriously most of them are not very nice. They dont even seem like they like their jobs, its more like they hate it. I dont feel safe at this school at all. There is a fight almost everyday. The counselor keeps saying this is 'the best year ever' if it is thats pretty bad. And to all the parents who say this is a great school, alot of things have changed.

I love this school sooo much! Its got great teachers and i love every teacher there!

Last modified Wacoochee Jr High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.