Wacoochee Jr High School 1

Posted May 07, 2013
I am very disappointed in this school. My daughter and her family recently moved into the district from another state. Our grandson is in 3rd grade. He is quite intelligent and gets very good grades. This school was near to expelling him for non-compliance after he had been there for 2 months. (He takes his time making decisions and did not always understand what the teacher was asking him to do.) The only thing the school asked to have done to help him succeed in school was for my daughter and son-in-law to give permission for corporal punishment to be administered by school personnel. They would not try putting him in another teacher's classroom or having a helper work with him or work with them in any other was. And, he never had a recess. I do not expect young children to sit in a classroom for 3-4 hours at a time without a break. Perhaps this is one reason why Alabama school children don't test very well on the national level. This school needs help!

Posted May 02, 2013
The best in Lee County! Great test scores! Very supportive teachers and administrators! Five stars! I am happy my child is a part of this school.

Wacoochee Jr High School 1

Posted November 08, 2012
Since moving here and starting at this school my daughters grades have dropped from A's to C's, she's become depressed and hates going to school, she's been bullied and picked on and starting counseling for depression and not a single person at that school seems willing to help and her own teacher told her, "I refuse to concern myself with matters that should be handled at home." If I could afford to put her in private school, I would have already done so. In the mean time, the absolute lack of cooperation and consideration afforded to the welfare of a child is appalling.

Posted May 06, 2012
Though this isthe first year that wacoochee has been an elementary school and there are still a few bugs to work out, I could snot save more please. The teachers, faculty, and staff are beyond the best I have had the pleasure to work with. My four kids love it. I would recommend this school to any looking to move to the area.

Posted September 26, 2010
My child is in 7th grade and loves WJHS. He is being challenged in school and loves his teachers. The administration is very supportive and really cares about the children.

Posted December 01, 2009

Wacoochee Jr High School 0

Posted November 06, 2009
well i go to WJHS! and i absoultely love it! the teachers there are great and help you when you need help...!!! and concerning sports... football does get most of the attention, but name one school where thats not true!! and as for volleyball... the rock!

Posted October 11, 2009

Posted August 25, 2009

Wacoochee Jr High School 0

Posted December 03, 2008
My son loves Wacoochee and i hope my daughters enjoy it. The teachers push the students to learn. Some students who complain are probably the problem students. I hope it goes well for my daughters there.

Wacoochee Jr High School
125 Lee Rd 254, Salem, AL  36874
Last modified Wacoochee Jr High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wacoochee Jr High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top