Sand Rock, AL

Sand Rock High School 2

Posted May 31, 2015
This school would be a great school if they would stop bully's they should stop it!! What surprises me the most is the kids who are doing it at this school it's all about who you are who your family is teachers kids are the worse they think they are above everyone else and if your into sports you can do whatever you want I've had kids and now grandchildren who go there now and it's getting worse how about teaching our kids to befriend someone who's not fitting in so well lift them up not break them down everyone needs to feel like they matter it takes one person to change a kids out look about them self good or bad they should start school out every morning with that being said no my kids have not been bullied but they talk about others and I tell them if I ever heard them bully another child I would show up at their class and show them how it feels kids should not have to hate to go to school everyday do to words that hurt so sand rock do the right thing for our children stand up !!!

Posted February 24, 2012
Great school, prepared me exceptionally well for a top ten nationally ranked college. I will argue that you get what you put into it, if a student isn't willing to work hard and put forth the effort, then they are not going to learn. Easy as that.

Posted February 13, 2012
Awful!!! My son went here and got bulleyd!!!!! And it is nasty on the inside!

Posted March 17, 2010
My child wasnt learning anything had to withdraw them and send them to another school this school is behind in acdemics bad

Posted February 24, 2010
i have been and still am proud of our school. my husvband and i graduated from sand rock school and now our boys (one's has graduated & one's a junior) was/are soon to be a senoir. i am very impressed with the classes that is offered and the team and community leadership my boys have learned. sand rock school is a great place for any and all students.

Posted September 24, 2009
Sand Rock High School is probably the strongest high school academically in Cherokee County, but that's not saying much. Like the other high schools in Cherokee County, Sand Rock allows students the opportunity to pursue technical career interests, but has virtually nothing in the way of the arts--no choir, no band, no drawing or drafting classes, and the most minimal foreign languages and theater programs you could possibly imagine. (A very small senior class play hardly qualifies as a drama program, and they don't even have a Spanish teacher anymore this year.) During the years we've been there, there has been bullying and sexual misconduct, some of which has been addressed by the teachers. A lot has not. Despite some good teachers who care about their students, it's not very good. If you live in Cherokee County, it's better than the other options, though. Just don't move here.

Posted February 18, 2009
Both of my children attend Sand Rock School. I truly believe it is the best school around. Student acheivement is high and teacher expectations are high. It is a small school, but it is growing and expanding every year. I think the teachers do a great job preparing students for the future.

Posted September 26, 2008
I think Sand Rock is amazing. I am currently attending this school. It as really good involvement including a wonderful tutoring program, and extracurricular activities. The students are very well behaved. The teachers are very nice and enthusiastic, which keeps us involved very well during class.

Posted August 18, 2008
I am a graduate of Sand Rock High School and I can tell you this is the BEST school in North Alabama! The teachers and the students are great. The other people that had issues with this school on this site should rethink the problem. It was not the school or teachers maybe it was just you and your children. Sand Rock is the best!

Posted July 31, 2008
i am a student at sand rock and i have been to 2 other schools i the county and i think sand rock has more friendly people and more pride than any school there is

Sand Rock High School
1950 Sand Rock Ave, Sand Rock, AL  35983
Last modified Sand Rock High School is a Public school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sand Rock High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top