Scottsboro, AL

Posted May 08, 2011
These reviews aren't very accurate. Half of the reviewers don't have a clue as to what is going on, because they aren't as involved with their children as they should be. Don't hate on someone else when you're the problem. If you really want to have a closer look at the schools take-off and visit the places. After a few minutes at each school, you'll see for yourself what each should be rated.

Posted November 12, 2009
My son is in the third grade now and my husband anI have had nothing but positive experiences with Brownwood and it's staff.I have a daughter who will begin fall of 2010 and look forward to her her being there too.I truly believe it is the best in town!Parent involvement is wonderful and I know my kids are going to get the best education there.

Posted November 29, 2008
I feel that Brownwood is the best elementary school. All of my children have attended or are attending this school and they have been given the best education they could get. I believe Mr. Petty and his whole staff care about the children. Mrs. McLaughlin is an excellent teacher. Ms. Jenny Hinson has been such a joy that my child hugs her everyday before she leaves. I love this school and hope all schools could excel like Brownwood!

Brownwood Elementary School 0

Posted October 19, 2008
I feel like I am teaching m y own children at home. The teachers never allow enough time for the kids to do their work in class. It takes us 2 to 3 hours a day to finish homework. the bad part is they havent even started any of their work in class. What are these teachers getting paid to do? Apparently nothing. One of my children says his teacher stays on the computer all day and will not help them when they have a question. He even has asked me if he can go to Caldwell or to be home schooled. If I wasn't working full time I would home school them myself seeing as I am already doing most of this at home already. I will be so glad when my children leave this school.

Posted November 16, 2007

Brownwood Elementary School 2

Posted December 14, 2006

Brownwood Elementary School 4

Posted May 22, 2006
My child attended this school in 3rd and 4th grades. The fourth grade turned my son around due to having a wonderful teacher who cared and worked with him. Ms. Henson was the best! My son had a rough time in 3rd grade. It all depends on the teacher you get. His fourth grade year really turned him into a better student. He wanted to learn. He felt his teacher was on his side and wanted to please her.

Posted April 20, 2006
Both of my children attended Brownwood from K-4.I really think that Brownwood offers a great curriculam and the teachers are very qualified. I have nothing bad to say about the school, the teachers nor the principal. If anyones child is having a problem , they see to it that they are taken care of. My children truly loved going to school there. My children truly enjoyed participating in the school plays every year. Hats off to the staff. Gayle Swafford, mother of Anthony Moore and Hanna Swafford

Brownwood Elementary School 1

Posted August 05, 2005
My Sons both attendended brownwood for 3 years and it was not a school I would want my children to go back to.The reason that I feel this way is because the teachers were not helping my children achieve in their skills and scolded me and my husband because our kids did not know how to write their name before they started school. I thought that was a teacher's job to teach and not criticize. My son was having a problem with reading and instead of helping him the teachers constantly got onto him and embarrased him in front of the rest of the class. My child never recieved the help he needed at this school because the didn't take the time with him. Also I feel they should fire the school nurse she just loves to ruin a child's school year and if I must proclaim she is a witch.

Brownwood Elementary School 4

Posted March 18, 2005
I went to this wonderful school when I was a child and now my son is attending it. I could not ask for a better school. The teachers are wonderful for the most part and they really care about the children. Brownwood has an excellent PTO and the parents are always helping in one way or the other. I could not be more happy with my son's acheivements at Brownwood.

Brownwood Elementary School
305 Bingham St, Scottsboro, AL  35768
Last modified Brownwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Brownwood Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top