Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted March 31, 2016
I am currently attending this school as a junior, and this is by far the worst school I've ever attended. The counselors say they will help you, but in the end, they actually make a larger mess of things. When a teacher is absent, they usually don't have a substitute to cover for them, and the students just do as they please. There are so many fights, and so much drug abuse. The kids that have drugs on them get the drugs confiscated, and then usually get suspended, but they don't get expelled. There is always dip spit in the water fountains, and graffiti inside of the stalls of the girls bathroom. I have never felt more disgust towards a school.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted March 31, 2016
This teacher is an English teacher, and she actually tries to maintain the curriculum, and maintains order in the classroom environment.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted March 31, 2016
The faculty treats its students like friends, instead of developing the professional relationship between their students.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted October 08, 2015
The school does not value the opinion of the students, when there is no dialogue there can be very little fairness and integrity.

Posted December 03, 2014
I'm seeing a pattern here and i will have to add to it. Another A student with many zero's for classwork and tests that have brought grades down to failing. Same stories I read here. The teachers have students open a book and read while the teachers sit at their desks. My daughter has one teacher that actually teaches in her class and guess what? She has a B and loves the class. Went to the guidance counselors today. We were told nope they dont teach like that. Your kid just isnt trying, thats all. Look at all the zeros. That explains the grades. Now, I know she isnt the absolute smartest kid around. None of our kids are, no matter what we want to believe. When the grades slip that drastically from a normally A to B student, you know something is up. Nobody gets zeros consistently on tests unless you arent there. We already home school our 15 year old that has a learning disability because the school was not providing the resources she was supposed to get from them. Of course, that wasnt their fault either. So I have 2 students who loved school that now wish they were anywhere else but russell county, or wish that the teachers would actually TEACH the subject.

Posted November 16, 2014
Don't have pep rallies, don't have money to do any extra curriculum activities, don't have enough people who care. The new principle is a follower - not a leader. This school is far far far back in the forest, so we need a "leader" who will go out of his/her way to make students, parents, and teachers, love this school. Most people want to but there is nothing to want, there's nothing here to need, there's nothing motivating us. The middle school, is definitely no better. Sure, the people here are nice country folks. That's what made me give this school and the middle school a try. They both hv failed. No one wants to volunteer, no one wants to go out of their way. People here are stuck, and content with doing what they have always been doing. Which is NOTHING. I am a parent, and I have 2 children (1 in middle, 1 in high), and they both make straight A's. Not on the account of these schools (because of me). They come from schools that give out homework, and expect assignments turned in. This schools does not. This is why this school fails. I have determined, that my children will not succumb to these low standards in education and will be going to new schools next school year.

Posted August 13, 2014
This school is all kinds of messed up! We got a new principal about a year ago and he has made things worse! Whenever I ask to speak to the counselor they always give me some excuse. 90% of the teachers don't care about helping you like they should. If I could move to another school, I definitely would but I can't because Russell County is the only school in my district. We need new principal.. one that actually cares! Hate this school.

Russell Co High School 5

Posted August 04, 2013
My last year at Russell County High school was the best year of my high school career. The staff is extraordinary. I am a proud Warrior Graduate. GO WARRIORS!

Posted March 07, 2013
The entire school district is a joke! They do not care about educating our children. They have no interest in our childrens futures, nor do they care about them as individuals. They are quick to punish, yet won't protect a child being bullied. As a military family, our children have been in 5 different school districts in 4 different states and this is by FAR the WORST I have ever witnessed.

Russell Co High School 2

Posted December 16, 2012
Russell County High School isn't a terrible school, but it is FAR from being a great school. I have been a student there for four years, and in my experience, some of the teachers don't deserve the job, and the school needs people who actually understand how to run it. Some teachers give out little to no work, and do not teach at all. My advice: send your children to another school where they can actually get an education to prepare them for college and life.

4699 Old Seale Hwy, Seale, AL  36875
Last modified Russell Co High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.