Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

I am currently attending this school as a junior, and this is by far the worst school I've ever attended. The counselors say they will help you, but in the end, they actually make a larger mess of things. When a teacher is absent, they usually don't have a substitute to cover for them, and the students just do as they please. There are so many fights, and so much drug abuse. The kids that have drugs on them get the drugs confiscated, and then usually get suspended, but they don't get expelled. There is always dip spit in the water fountains, and graffiti inside of the stalls of the girls bathroom. I have never felt more disgust towards a school.

Develops character: Disagree

The school does not value the opinion of the students, when there is no dialogue there can be very little fairness and integrity.

I'm seeing a pattern here and i will have to add to it. Another A student with many zero's for classwork and tests that have brought grades down to failing. Same stories I read here. The teachers have students open a book and read while the teachers sit at their desks. My daughter has one teacher that actually teaches in her class and guess what? She has a B and loves the class. Went to the guidance counselors today. We were told nope they dont teach like that. Your kid just isnt trying, thats all. Look at all the zeros. That explains the grades. Now, I know she isnt the absolute smartest kid around. None of our kids are, no matter what we want to believe. When the grades slip that drastically from a normally A to B student, you know something is up. Nobody gets zeros consistently on tests unless you arent there. We already home school our 15 year old that has a learning disability because the school was not providing the resources she was supposed to get from them. Of course, that wasnt their fault either. So I have 2 students who loved school that now wish they were anywhere else but russell county, or wish that the teachers would actually TEACH the subject.

Don't have pep rallies, don't have money to do any extra curriculum activities, don't have enough people who care. The new principle is a follower - not a leader. This school is far far far back in the forest, so we need a "leader" who will go out of his/her way to make students, parents, and teachers, love this school. Most people want to but there is nothing to want, there's nothing here to need, there's nothing motivating us. The middle school, is definitely no better. Sure, the people here are nice country folks. That's what made me give this school and the middle school a try. They both hv failed. No one wants to volunteer, no one wants to go out of their way. People here are stuck, and content with doing what they have always been doing. Which is NOTHING. I am a parent, and I have 2 children (1 in middle, 1 in high), and they both make straight A's. Not on the account of these schools (because of me). They come from schools that give out homework, and expect assignments turned in. This schools does not. This is why this school fails. I have determined, that my children will not succumb to these low standards in education and will be going to new schools next school year.

This school is all kinds of messed up! We got a new principal about a year ago and he has made things worse! Whenever I ask to speak to the counselor they always give me some excuse. 90% of the teachers don't care about helping you like they should. If I could move to another school, I definitely would but I can't because Russell County is the only school in my district. We need new principal.. one that actually cares! Hate this school.

My last year at Russell County High school was the best year of my high school career. The staff is extraordinary. I am a proud Warrior Graduate. GO WARRIORS!

The entire school district is a joke! They do not care about educating our children. They have no interest in our childrens futures, nor do they care about them as individuals. They are quick to punish, yet won't protect a child being bullied. As a military family, our children have been in 5 different school districts in 4 different states and this is by FAR the WORST I have ever witnessed.

Russell County High School isn't a terrible school, but it is FAR from being a great school. I have been a student there for four years, and in my experience, some of the teachers don't deserve the job, and the school needs people who actually understand how to run it. Some teachers give out little to no work, and do not teach at all. My advice: send your children to another school where they can actually get an education to prepare them for college and life.

To the parent whose children were in NY. I have to say I agree with the other parents who have given feedback on your situation. My family and and a few other parents in my neighborhood came from NY/NJ area as well so we can understand the comparison. Guess I'm a bit different. When I've called ANYONE whether it's school or not in reference to my children and I don't get a return call within a certain amount of time, I make a face to face appearance. As far as money for different events at the school, along with the request for fees due, a letter has been sent home with my child for each sport for payment as well as a request for parents to help with fundraising so the fees can either be obsolete or lowered by more than 2/3s. Example, the track and soccer teams have been raising funds by working concession stands at college games, the bball sold t shirts and drink cups, the baseball team has done the same as well. My child so far this school year is participating in 2 sports (right now) and the only thing it has costs us is gas and time. By the way I have 4 children, 2 in high school and 2 in middle school. Have you been to the parent meetings posted on the website?

RCHS is not a terrible school it may be some thing they need to tighten up on and that is helping our kids to excel on the AHSGE a lot of this stuff on the AHSGE is not taught in our school in a timely manner and it make it hard on the kids and stressful on the parent. RCHS need more tutoring offered for our kids to help them out where they are weak, Please books need to be sent home for our kids.

Last modified Russell Co High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.