Seale, AL

Russell Co Middle School 2

Posted August 16, 2015
I don't even know where to begin. We moved to fort Mitchell in 2013 and we had already heard the schools weren't to great, but I stuck with it and gave it a try. My seventh grader had an IEP and she was given at helpbut there were times where the teacher wasn't there to help her she come home upset because of the bullying, she had speech therapy there but there were times the teacher was not there. My eighth grader would come home and told me that her teacher who was pregnant fell and past out it a couple times and then call staff because she wasn't feeling good and then there was one time where they had a substitute and instead of the substitute teaching them he was doing magic tricks and doing some witch craft stuff in class I saw it because they videotaped on the phone. The school lacks funding it's in the county and it just needs more improvement. I decided to rent our home due to retirement from military and transfer the kids from russe county. Do yourself a favor don't enroll the kids in this school. I forgot to mention my daughter had come home one day and her teacher had said that she was just there to collect a paycheck not to take care of them so that shows you how some of these teachers can be at the school just do yourself a favor and do not enroll them in that school either go to Columbus because for Mitchell is not going to grow and I don't see either schools improving .

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted August 16, 2015
My kids would come home wouldn't finish til past 10pm. To much homework not enough family time at home.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted August 16, 2015
To much bullying going on in the school within the students. To many fights there.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted August 16, 2015
It does not. You can't even find the principle when you need to talk to him.

Posted January 24, 2014
This is BY FAR the worst school I have ever had to send my child to! The staff is completely unprofessional, the discipline is a joke and the education is nonexistent! Do not be tempted to move into the new neighborhoods of Fort. Mitchell if you have children because they will suffer greatly. This school is in the middle of nowhere but acts as if they are in the throws of an urban ghetto! We parents try to be involved but getting teachers to call you for anything important is like pulling teeth. I knew nothing good was to come when I enrolled my child, no structure or desire to be of help. Pathetic on all levels.

Posted July 09, 2013
RCMS, I don't even know what to say but that they need a whole new staff! The worst school I have seen ever. The principle needs to go NOW, as well as the assistant principle since he has no back bone or his own opinion. Most of the staff don't care for the kids and it shows. It is so sad.....

Posted April 16, 2013
Russell County Middle School is filth. The older teachers need to be fired due to a fact favoritism, They need a new principal, and, they need to update their website daily!!!! no one can keep track of their work with this!!! Disappointing.

Posted February 21, 2013
Dr Ramsey-Patrick needs to be replaced ASAP!!! This is a poor excuse for a school! They purposefully point out children with special needs and do nothing but constantly stay on them so that they retaliate ending up they are the ones that get in trouble! Academically and in all other areas this school is useless not only should it be torn down but all teachers should be fired with the exception of Coach Hunt......great great great man!!!!

Russell Co Middle School 4

Posted February 18, 2013
Not the best but from from the worse. Schools everywhere have issues so unless you are homeschooliing, nothng will be perfect for your child. Of course there are a few bad apples/teachers who make the entire staff look unprofessional. I do regular obervations in my childs classes to see for MYSELF what the teachers ae teaching and how. I attend parent meetings and school board sessions and I volunteer when time allows. What are we all doing as parents to help make our schools better besides waiting until somethiong negative happens and then only complaining. Get involved from day !. My child hates getting up for school but he admits he does learn alot, had fun with his friends, and looks forward to his sports.

Posted December 28, 2012
There are some good teachers despite the jacked up leadership. The problem is the good teachers are at the mercy of that leadership that must change SOON. It's is definitely the good ole boy hook up. As long as you go along with their program then your considered a part of the in crowd. The one thing about the aweful leadership is the whole tone of the school is set by her and that's bad for the excellent teachers.

4716 Old Seale Hwy, Seale, AL  36875
Last modified Russell Co Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Russell Co Middle School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 44 reviews. Top