Bad
Good

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

Bullies aren't hardly punished there. If you get punched in the face the bullies would say he/ she hit me first! When it's not true. And the amount of drugs there, there's nothing you can achieve in at that school.

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

There's "no other way" to work out a problem.. the teachers say this constantly making the learning process slow down and even some of those kids fail due to the lack of care

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

Same reason in rotc... no one cares about anyone except for themselves. Worst school ever!

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

Most teachers there don't care about you or your child. If they did they would pull other kids off of you while being jumped.

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

Some teachers give out 5-6 pages of homework every day. Its useless to take an out of area student there to learn.

In the two years I was there, I was constantly threatened, beaten up, and none of the teachers would bother helping me. They only cared about their selves

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Jrotc is suppose to promote that but it's a useless effort to them. So they sit at practice cussing in uniform and don't get in trouble

I graduated from MGM in 2013. Both my parents graduated from there, and my sister is a senior this year. I have some very fond memories from there, but it's only because I made myself participate in things like band and drama. The amount of teaching that is done depends on who it is. Some teachers would sit behind a desk all day, and some would teach the entire block. Most of the time, education was pushed aside for uniform policies. But that was the only main rule enforced. If you walk into any of the bathrooms, it will usually smell like cigarettes. It is not in any way the worst school. But it has a way to go before being the best.

Amount of homework: Disagree

I very rarely had any homework, even in my honors classes. Now that I'm in college, I had had to work to manage my school work outside of the classroom.

Currently a student, and people are fooling themselves if the don't think things like what is mentioned below don't happen at every school. MGM is an amazing school with a great teaching staff. Yes, some teachers aren't the best, but they honostely care for their students. High school is what you make it. I have thoroughly enjoyed all 4 of my years here from pep rallys, to football games and as well as in the class room. I wouldn't trade my high school years for anywhere else.

Last modified Mary G Montgomery High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.