Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Mary G Montgomery High School 3

Posted July 06, 2016
I graduated from MGM in 2013. Both my parents graduated from there, and my sister is a senior this year. I have some very fond memories from there, but it's only because I made myself participate in things like band and drama. The amount of teaching that is done depends on who it is. Some teachers would sit behind a desk all day, and some would teach the entire block. Most of the time, education was pushed aside for uniform policies. But that was the only main rule enforced. If you walk into any of the bathrooms, it will usually smell like cigarettes. It is not in any way the worst school. But it has a way to go before being the best.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted July 06, 2016
Mrs. Paulette Davis was by far one of my favorite teachers. She did not put up with nonsense, but knew how to handle it well. Of all the classes I took, I remember the most from this one.

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted July 06, 2016
I very rarely had any homework, even in my honors classes. Now that I'm in college, I had had to work to manage my school work outside of the classroom.

Develops respect: Neutral

Posted July 06, 2016
It really depends on the student's attitude. If you are polite and do what is asked of you, then you will be treated with respect. If you're constantly being rude or disorderly, then no.

Mary G Montgomery High School 5

Posted September 22, 2014
Currently a student, and people are fooling themselves if the don't think things like what is mentioned below don't happen at every school. MGM is an amazing school with a great teaching staff. Yes, some teachers aren't the best, but they honostely care for their students. High school is what you make it. I have thoroughly enjoyed all 4 of my years here from pep rallys, to football games and as well as in the class room. I wouldn't trade my high school years for anywhere else.

Mary G Montgomery High School 1

Posted November 13, 2013
This school is horrible!!! They let the kids smoke, make out, and disrespect the teachers! the principal is a push over and the teachers are weak!!

Mary G Montgomery High School 2

Posted November 13, 2012
Im currently a student at mgm! Recently a teacher hit my a student and the office told him and his family they were to busy to deal with it! Also there is alot of bullying that goes on they wont do nothing about it so you have no choice to fight to get them to leave you alone! Then the principal will tell your parents just come up here next time the other student bother you. But when i went back up there he told me it wasnt his problem he could send me home if i cant handle it. So being a student there they dont care about you and they sugar coat everything when your parents go up there. Also teachers are really bad on choosing favorites. I dont suggest this school im trying my hardest to go to another!

Mary G Montgomery High School 5

Posted March 17, 2012
I'm a former student of mgm & i have to say i loved my high school experience. I had excellent teachers & contrary to popular belief i got the attention & help i needed w/o being a "star athlete". My teachers also cared beyond the classroom. And as for the office administration they were always friendly. I think mgm is a great school. chanda perry-fillingame

Mary G Montgomery High School 3

Posted January 03, 2010
I am a freshman at Mray G. and I find the school to be very mediocore. I also have a sister who attends school with me, and she personally hates it. The teachers and administrative staff spend more time on discipline and enforcing the uniform policy than teaching. If you don't wear socks 3 times, you get suspended. Yet if you get in a fight, they just write you up and go on with life. Some of this may be Mobile Counties fault, but I still think the school could focus more on teaching the students than rather if you're wearing socks or not!

Mary G Montgomery High School 4

Posted October 08, 2007
I am currently a senior at MGM and just moved here at the first of my Jr. year from Arkansas. This school is a good school, it has a lot to offer a student...but feeding off of their students money, and taking advantage isnt the best thing. I do believe that a lot of teachers spend more time on disipline and uniforms than teaching and helping, but thats partly the adminstration in the office. Its like they go out looking for someone to yell at. When i came from, it was about the same size school, we didnt have uniforms, it cost us $5 to park for the year with a sticker, we didnt have class dues, and there was a lot less disipline, becaues students werent stressing out to get stuff done for the school that wasnt even their school work. I think this school could impove a little....

4275 Snow Rd, Semmes, AL  36575
Last modified Mary G Montgomery High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.