Posted August 29, 2014
I love this school! I've sent 3 kids through this school and have never had a proble m with office staff. The teachers are hit and miss like some have said but that's all schools. The parents at this school are great! We all seem to come together to make events like fall festival and play day a huge success. I wouldn't send my children to any other private or public school in Mobile County.

Allentown Elementary School 2

Posted April 27, 2014
The school is clean and very well kept. The teachers are hit and miss, some are awesome, some just get by, others are burnt out and it shows. The fine arts program is very poor, as everything is geared toward core subjects and leaves out those students that do great in core subjects but have an interest in the fine arts too. Enrichment for students in upper grades is lacking. The principal and front office staff being the school down, very uncaring, inattentive to parents, lack professionalism, and unfriendly. Organization options, extracurricular activities are non-existent. After being in elementary schools in other states (military family) we were very disappointed there there was no robotics/solar cars program, chess / lego and engineering club, Odyssey of the Mind, beginning strings or beginning band programs and no formalized DARE program. We were so used to this in our previous school districts. This school is way behind in getting students involved and excited about learning, competing against others, leadership, and fine arts. Lots of parent opportunities in day, but lack of support for parents to work with teachers for after school support.

Allentown Elementary School 1

Posted December 14, 2013
The principle of this school is verrrry unprofessional and does not care about concerns of parents. I wouldn't even give it one star.

Posted January 12, 2013
This is our 1st year at Allentown. My boys are in grades 3 & 5. We absolutely love this school! My 3rd grade son is ADHD, ODD & OCD and we couldn't have asked for a better teacher for him. The school is well run and immaculately clean. The other class parents I have spoken with also have nothing but wonderful things to say about Allentown.

Allentown Elementary School 2

Posted August 27, 2011
My children attended here. I wouldn't say this is the worst school, it has many positives. The school is pretty clean & caring parents who contribute. some excellent teachers. However, there are some vital factors this school lacks. The office staff, administration Principal and Vice are what brings this school down. This school clearly has many areas that need to be fixed. It is run with routine rather then with a high quality standards. Look at the current website. School just started and there is no information for parents. The calendar and news info is empty. In my experience the admin/office staff are not ethical,qualified and unprofessional. If the administrators do not lead the way for the overall communication and success of the school, how are the teachers to follow? Top schools/districts are on the ball with their websites. Parents at one click know everything about their child and about all school activities, not left in the dark. Not my kind of school. I am a hands on mom. I want the school my children go to geared just for my child's educational needs. We have some excellent schools in this nation that do just that. I was lucky to find one. : )

Posted November 18, 2009

Allentown Elementary School 0

Posted October 01, 2008
Allentown is the excelent school that it is because of the caring parents and teachers alike. If ANY parent has had a problem with a teacher, I know the principal wants to know to rectify the problem. If a teacher spoke harshly to a student, I must ask what was the student doing? I have known some of these teachers for 20 years and they are among the most caring and concerned and capable in the business. The second generation of my family is in the Semmes school district and I will stay here until I die to keep this type of teacher teaching my grandchildren.

Posted February 22, 2008
This is our third year at Allentown and it is hands down the best school around. After speaking with many that have children in private school, it is as challenging if not more so. The environment is clean and cheerful. While it is a large school, it feels like a family.

Allentown Elementary School 3

Posted June 29, 2007
1st and last...First year here,won't allow my child to go again. There are various teachers there that do not speak well to their students. The only positive thing to say is that children do have to wear uniforms. Education is important to me and my children (any child) and it's a shame that this state doesn't feel the same.

Posted September 22, 2006
We had to move closer to town but We Loved This School! The playground is huge and included a wetland designed by the students. We had a student who was LD & speech problems as well as a gifted child. Every teacher was excellent here. Area is growing with McMansions so transfers are next to impossible here. Extremely high parent involvement. We have been in other excellent schools since, including the lastest, most expensive private in town , and Allentown is the Best! Don't waste your money on private- go here.

Allentown Elementary School
10330 Howells Ferry Rd, Semmes, AL  36575
Last modified Allentown Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Allentown Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top