Sheffield, AL

L E Willson Elementary School 0

Posted November 25, 2007
Willson Elementary is a very good school. We moved here from central Florida over the summer and I too was apprehensive at first,but there have been a great many positive changes and Dr. Berry really does care about the children and what is best for them educationally.A lot of people were very attached to the former principal,but things happen and we must all move forward.And there is an active PTO!!!!

L E Willson Elementary School 1

Posted September 13, 2007
A word of warning to parents thinking of relocating here-don't!!! This area and the schools here are archaic, antiquated and outdated. Children have no rights. They will not put soap in the bathrooms because someone might make a mess with it. They still use corporal punishment. Children are to be seen and not heard, and so are thier parents. God help you if you, as a parent, want to be involved in the system. Lunches consist of nothing that isn't breaded, isn't on a roll, or pizza. There are no school activities to speak of, and the PTO is all but non-existent. I have never seen schools like this in my life. The public here is apathetic and complacent, so don't expect to ever see any changes here.

L E Willson Elementary School 0

Posted August 07, 2007
L.E. Willson has undergone many negative changes in the past year. We've lost our dear principal and the school board continues to be rigid and unyeilding to the suggestions of the parents. The acting principal is even worse.

Posted January 13, 2006
I was very apprehensive about my child attending Sheffield City Schools. He started at Threadgill in 1st grade after attending a private school. I had it in my head that I would hate it. After a week or so I finally was opened minded about the school and loved it. He is now in 6th grade and he still loves it and I do too. He has wonderful friends and has had wonderful teachers every year. I wish everyone would give Sheffield a chance because you would love it the same as my child and myself.

L E Willson Elementary School 2

Posted September 25, 2005
Yeah true the principal is nice and all and even the office folks. But for the past 2yrs. I have e-mailed 2 diffrent teachers and to this very day I have yet not received a e-mail back. I would like to know why.

Posted November 14, 2004
I too was a little worried of sending my child to L.E. Wilson, but it was the best move i have ever made. The principal is the best! My daughter is very happy and so am I!

Posted February 25, 2004
I am a parent of two children in the Sheffield School District. I was very apprehensive about my children attending these schools. I had heard some very bad things. But now after 5 years of my children attending these schools, I would choose no other. You will not find a better principal of staff as we have in Sheffield city school system.

L E Willson Elementary School
2200 31st St, Sheffield, AL  35660
Last modified L E Willson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 3-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
L E Willson Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top