Smiths Station Primary School 4

Posted May 19, 2013
This is now West Smiths Station Elementary School. My daughter has attended there for her Kindergarten year and overall it has been excellent. HOWEVER! Next year, during the first fundraiser I will be sure to be there. This company that they use employs bullying and intimidation tactics the like of which I have never seen. And if I have one more hysterical "fundraising" meltdown I will lodge a formal complaint with the school and district about bullying.

Smiths Station Primary School 3

Posted September 13, 2010
We moved to this area because my husband is military. The school is very large with 21 first grade classes and 20 Kindergarten classes, each with about 20 students. They seem more worried about the kids being quiet and following rules than being kids and having FUN learning. School at such a young age should be a fun experience so that kids develop a love of learning. My daughter's teacher has made school a very negative experience by nit picking at her over the smallest things and making her feel like a "bad" child. My daughter loved school before we moved to this school. we are pulling her out and going to a different school. Their curriculum so far seems to be fine but they do not handle the kids in a developmentally appropriate way.

Posted October 22, 2009

Posted October 11, 2009
I've had two children go here. They loved it. The school has a higher learning level than those in surrounding areas. The teachers and staff are friendly and very helpful. It feels like a protective school. They care about your children like their own. I found it organized and they welcomed parent participation.

Smiths Station Primary School 0

Posted September 04, 2009
This school has the BEST Principal in Kathy Henderson, you could not ask for a more loving, caring Principal that goes all out for those children. Also, I have never had a Principal that personally returns all of your phone calls, usually you get a secretary, and she personally takes your calls or returns them and that is very impressive! This is the best primary school....I just hate my daughter is at the Elementary school this year. We will miss you Mrs. Henderson!

Smiths Station Primary School 4

Posted June 23, 2009
My daughter attended this school, and I found the teachers, as well as the principal, to be fantastic and caring. The quality of education received here was top notch.

Posted August 22, 2008

Smiths Station Primary School 3

Posted December 06, 2007

Posted August 31, 2007
Both of my children attended SSPS and this is such a great school! My son attended both years and Mrs. Driggers and Ms. Kubik are wonderful!! All of the teachers are, but these are the ones that my son had. The school does alot of fundraisers, which is to raise money for the school! Money for other things...'Wheel Days' are great and you do have to send an item in for that which is once a month! 'Wheel Day' is an excellant time for parents to volunteer and gives the teachers a chance to meet to better your child's education! Parent involvement is great...if you just do it! Like anything else, you will get what you put in it! Great school and we miss you! Wish we were still there. We are a military family and longer in the area. If we come back...it will definately be Smiths Station schools!

Posted August 09, 2007

Smiths Station Primary School
150 Lee Rd 295, Smiths Station, AL  36877
Last modified Smiths Station Primary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Smiths Station Primary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews.