Somerville, AL

Union Hill School 2

Posted October 29, 2014
I have three children attending this school. The only reason I gave two stars and not just one is because of my youngest son's kindergarten teacher last year. She was wonderful. Now, on the other hand, my oldest son's math teacher last year did not seem to care at all about the students and their progress. Bullying is a BIG problem at Union Hill and I have been to the school several times and nothing has been done about it AT ALL. I have been told on more than one occasion that it will stop and it has not, it hasn't even slacked up, it's gotten worse. Other disturbing things have been passed off as "just what a juvenile does and there's nothing you can do to stop it". I am in the process of finding another school to send my children to....

Union Hill School 4

Posted August 29, 2014
My children started attending this school in the middle of the 2013 school year (January). Coming from out of state I expected it to take some time for my children to adjust and find friends. The Union Hill staff helped my daughter feel welcome from the beginning. My children love this school, they know many children because it is small. Everyone is friend and staff are helpful. If there was one drawback to this school, I think that it would be I believe they may need separate the older (6-8) kids into a separate building to accommodate for their growth. Their population is growing but their space hasn't.

Union Hill School 2

Posted August 08, 2014
I have heard good things and bad things about this school..I have to say I attended school there, it has changed a lot since I was a student as it should, however not so much in the better way though.

Posted April 17, 2014
This school amazing. As an alumni, I lived my experience there. Everyone is like a big family, and your grades are their biggest concern. They will do everything that they can to help you.

Posted May 26, 2010
We have two children that attend this school.I have to say that it's rate's pretty good as far as teacher 's go.Can't complain at all about the way they have taught my children.One is leaving the year with a A average in all subject's and the other A-B average in all subject's.I'm not to happy with the way student's act in the classroom with a substitute.I am one and we all know they tend to be trying to a person they don't usually have .Over all this school year has been great for my kid's .Also just wanted to say I love the way they reward their student's for a job well done on assignment's and fundrasiers.

Posted October 08, 2008
Union Hill is a great school. The Teachers and the children have a great relationship for learning. Our Teachers are THE BEST!! I love the way they care about each student. The school officials, are just great. They reallly care about our school, and they keep it running very professional. My Thanks go out to them.Sue Mashburn

Posted April 14, 2008

Union Hill School 4

Posted December 11, 2007

Posted November 10, 2007
- a administrator

Union Hill School 0

Posted September 14, 2007
Reading instruction at Union Hill is top-notch! This school has fully implemented the Alabama Reading Initiative and it is working!

Union Hill School
2221 Union Hill Rd, Somerville, AL  35670
Last modified Union Hill School is a Public school that serves grades K-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Union Hill School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top