Bad
Good

A lot of teachers have a lot of favoritism towards kids in their class (mainly the sporty ones) so if you don't like sports, you're nothing to them. I can just tell you countless stories of my friend getting snapped at for talking in class but leaving a girl alone that they consider a favorite, who's talking way louder (of course, that girl plays sports, yeah?). Oh! And as a student speaking, let me tell you. It's very hard for me to learn listening to a monotone voice I would probably use to fall asleep to, it's actually that bad. It's just that some of the teachers don't make learning fun, they make it boring and make us feel... stressed? . As for the education, we don't actually learn, we're just absorbing the information for a test, only to forget it the next week! Yes, this is coming from a student who is currently about to graduate to another school, eighth grade. Count my word for it, I don't like this school. I hope Brewer High School has a better learning method than here, I'll tell you that. Parents, please don't let your child attend Union Hill School, if you want them to actually learn. I completely do not recommend it here, I just don't. Try somewhere else, for the sake of yourself and your kids, and thank you very much for reading!

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

The teachers are somewhat effective at this school. I mean, they motivate us, tell us that we need to think of the future and stuff, but sometimes they just tell us straight up, almost to scare us, that if we don't get a career, we're probably going to be homeless. It's a scary thought, but I don't find telling students that motivation, more or less making them feel bad they don't know what they want to do when they grow up! Not all teachers do this, just some.

Amount of homework: no rating

I honestly do not know what to say on the thought of homework at the school. They give us a reasonable amount that can easily be done in one night, though some homework is challenging, we learn from it I suppose. I wouldn't ask for any changes homework wise, really.

Develops character: Disagree

I disagree that the school develops honesty, integrity, and fairness in it's students. Why? Because, it's simple. Don't like sports? You're nothing. That's all they've ever taught me, really. Even then, they don't seem to like you if you're not into the whole "popular" thing that circles the school.

My children started attending this school in the middle of the 2013 school year (January). Coming from out of state I expected it to take some time for my children to adjust and find friends. The Union Hill staff helped my daughter feel welcome from the beginning. My children love this school, they know many children because it is small. Everyone is friend and staff are helpful. If there was one drawback to this school, I think that it would be I believe they may need separate the older (6-8) kids into a separate building to accommodate for their growth. Their population is growing but their space hasn't.

I have three children attending this school. The only reason I gave two stars and not just one is because of my youngest son's kindergarten teacher last year. She was wonderful. Now, on the other hand, my oldest son's math teacher last year did not seem to care at all about the students and their progress. Bullying is a BIG problem at Union Hill and I have been to the school several times and nothing has been done about it AT ALL. I have been told on more than one occasion that it will stop and it has not, it hasn't even slacked up, it's gotten worse. Other disturbing things have been passed off as "just what a juvenile does and there's nothing you can do to stop it". I am in the process of finding another school to send my children to....

I have heard good things and bad things about this school..I have to say I attended school there, it has changed a lot since I was a student as it should, however not so much in the better way though.

This school amazing. As an alumni, I lived my experience there. Everyone is like a big family, and your grades are their biggest concern. They will do everything that they can to help you.

We have two children that attend this school.I have to say that it's rate's pretty good as far as teacher 's go.Can't complain at all about the way they have taught my children.One is leaving the year with a A average in all subject's and the other A-B average in all subject's.I'm not to happy with the way student's act in the classroom with a substitute.I am one and we all know they tend to be trying to a person they don't usually have .Over all this school year has been great for my kid's .Also just wanted to say I love the way they reward their student's for a job well done on assignment's and fundrasiers.

Union Hill is a great school. The Teachers and the children have a great relationship for learning. Our Teachers are THE BEST!! I love the way they care about each student. The school officials, are just great. They reallly care about our school, and they keep it running very professional. My Thanks go out to them.Sue Mashburn

Last modified Union Hill School is a Public school that serves grades K-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.