Albert P Brewer High School 5

Posted December 09, 2014
My wife and I graduated from A.P. Brewer several years ago and were well prepared for college. Now our son is graduating with a 3.5+ gpa and a 33 on his ACT. I think he has been well prepared as well

Posted April 22, 2012
I am proud to have gone to a school that provides the only vocational training the Morgan County School System. Brewer students have the opportunity to participate in 13 career tech programs, and BHS students frequently place in the top three at skills competitions in activities ranging from health occupations to welding. I did not participate in the Honors curriculum at Brewer, but I went on to be accepted at the University of North Alabama (on an academic scholarship), into the Honors Program, based upon my grades at Brewer. I do not feel that Brewer did not prepare me for college; however, I do have friends that graduated from BHS and went on to other schools that did feel that they were not prepared for their collegiate math courses. In football we did well to win two games a season, in soccer our boys were a part of the Elite Eight each year, and in basketball both teams went to the semi-finals every year. Last year, our varsity girls' team won the championship! The band has the most trophies in the school, and is the highlight of the pep rallies. Brewer was a good school for me, and I enjoyed my time there. For many students, it is a home and a tight-knit community.

Albert P Brewer High School 0

Posted June 17, 2009
Disclaimer: The spelling and the grammar in the following reviews are not indicative of the quality of instruction offered at Brewer High School.

Posted January 22, 2009

Albert P Brewer High School 0

Posted December 19, 2007
I have found that A.P.Brewer High school is very lacking in the adminastrative end. The teachers are fair. But, What really excites me about Brewer High is the Career Tech programs that they offer. They are the best in the state. Discipline needs to be more agressive and more parent involvement

Posted December 19, 2007
My son is a senior this year. He has really enjoyed his years at BHS. I think the technical program has really helped him decide on a career.

Albert P Brewer High School 3

Posted August 01, 2007
- a former student
I attended BHS and as a student I was proud of my school. For what reason I still don't know. If it weren't for the dedicated coaching staff there wouldn't be sports at BHS. A majority of the sports don't have the necessary equipment. After graduating BHS I went to UA and was shocked at the difference between my education and my peers'. Brewer doesn't prep their students for college what-so-ever. It's basically all about graduating. I loved Brewer and I will cherish my memories but the school definitely needs renovation in the administration department.

Albert P Brewer High School 1

Posted April 17, 2007

Albert P Brewer High School 5

Posted December 08, 2006
I just want to tell you how proud I am of the great concern this school has for the students you have. All through my sons life he has gone to a private Christian school and I was so worried about public school, this school has truly put calm in my life! Thank you so much from a mom who truly means Thanks! Stacy Pegram

Albert P Brewer High School 2

Posted August 26, 2006
I went to Brewer and was proud of it. Until I sent my child. In one of your reviews someone wrote how they didn't care about the students. The principal does not have a hand on that school. For my childs safety I had to remove him. Now I can't get him in any morgan county school because I live in Brewers district. We need to do something FAST !

Albert P Brewer High School
59 Eva Rd, Somerville, AL  35670
Last modified Albert P Brewer High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Albert P Brewer High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top