Southside, AL

Posted August 29, 2013
We came from the "best" rated school district (and most expensive) in Georgia. Once here, I was DELIGHTED to find an old fashioned, loving community of teachers who care, and principals who don't take flack from anyone. What a blessing. The education isn't the best money can buy, but no amount of money can buy the time, effort and love invested in each of my children. My kids are flourishing, and I am grateful!!

Southside High School 4

Posted February 28, 2012
I am a parent of Advanced Placement students, and if you're looking for that, Southside High has the best program in the county. In fact, my daughter recently thanked me, literally, for sending her to SHS. Sports programs are often political, and we're going through a tough transition with a new Athletic Director and single booster club. Hopefully those things will improve. There are many opportunities for students, and the band director is fabulous and really cares about the students. We have had administration changes over the last couple of years which continues with a replacement of assistant principal and guidance counselor this summer. I am an involved parent (band, sports, clubs) and I urge parents to get involved if they truly care about their kids' education. I wish the teachers and administration did a better job of encouraging parental involvement.

Posted March 18, 2010
Im writing this for everyone to know that there are many problems with the faculty and administration at Southside High School. There are teachers there that are so DISRESPECTFUL to the students as well as the parents. They are lazy and do not care if they embarrass or humiliate a child in front of the whole school. They DO NOT care about the students they just want their paychecks. As for the principal and vice principal, I believe they do a VERY POOR job also. Its all about politics for them.They dont want to face the important issues when it comes to the students and the students well-being because it will make them 'look bad' at election time or when promotions are involved. So they just want to dismiss the issues regaurdless of how it affects the student. They do not handle important issues promply and effectively.

Posted June 29, 2009

Posted February 10, 2009

Posted January 16, 2009

Posted January 08, 2009

Posted December 28, 2008
Southside High School is a WONDERFUL school. They offer so much for any student! The faculty and staff really do care about each and every student they know. They all want to see them succeed! I am a Junior at this school and I have had a great experience. I feel extremely safe there! The Band program (The Pride of Southside) is also brilliant, I must add! =) Shout out to Mr. Nathan Haskew for a great year! Thanks for always pushing us to do our best Mr.Haskew!!

Posted December 21, 2008

Posted July 21, 2008

Southside High School
2150 Hwy 77, Southside, AL  35907
Last modified Southside High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Southside High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top