Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

We had four children go through the John Jones Elem., Southside Elem. and Southside HS schools and we couldn't be happier w/the results. All four have completed college (w/honors) and I give a very large amount of credit to the Southside areas schools. No school is perfect and there's always room for improvement in any school but, academics, sports and all extracurricular activities are as good at Southside as you'll find anywhere.

Develops character: Agree

Experiences with all local schools have been very good. I can't accurately comment on the "moral" aspects of our schools but, I have no reason to believe they're anything but very good - I never was a student at any of these local schools so, I can't personally comment.

We came from the "best" rated school district (and most expensive) in Georgia. Once here, I was DELIGHTED to find an old fashioned, loving community of teachers who care, and principals who don't take flack from anyone. What a blessing. The education isn't the best money can buy, but no amount of money can buy the time, effort and love invested in each of my children. My kids are flourishing, and I am grateful!!

I am a parent of Advanced Placement students, and if you're looking for that, Southside High has the best program in the county. In fact, my daughter recently thanked me, literally, for sending her to SHS. Sports programs are often political, and we're going through a tough transition with a new Athletic Director and single booster club. Hopefully those things will improve. There are many opportunities for students, and the band director is fabulous and really cares about the students. We have had administration changes over the last couple of years which continues with a replacement of assistant principal and guidance counselor this summer. I am an involved parent (band, sports, clubs) and I urge parents to get involved if they truly care about their kids' education. I wish the teachers and administration did a better job of encouraging parental involvement.

Im writing this for everyone to know that there are many problems with the faculty and administration at Southside High School. There are teachers there that are so DISRESPECTFUL to the students as well as the parents. They are lazy and do not care if they embarrass or humiliate a child in front of the whole school. They DO NOT care about the students they just want their paychecks. As for the principal and vice principal, I believe they do a VERY POOR job also. Its all about politics for them.They dont want to face the important issues when it comes to the students and the students well-being because it will make them 'look bad' at election time or when promotions are involved. So they just want to dismiss the issues regaurdless of how it affects the student. They do not handle important issues promply and effectively.

Southside High School is a WONDERFUL school. They offer so much for any student! The faculty and staff really do care about each and every student they know. They all want to see them succeed! I am a Junior at this school and I have had a great experience. I feel extremely safe there! The Band program (The Pride of Southside) is also brilliant, I must add! =) Shout out to Mr. Nathan Haskew for a great year! Thanks for always pushing us to do our best Mr.Haskew!!

I have two children who are graduates of SHS. I have to say that I have found that there are many problems with the administration & faculty. Rather than accept diversity, they try to make every student fit their ideal of what they should be. Maybe they should all take a course in tolerance. I believe all children should be educated, regardless of personal life choices.

Last modified Southside High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.