Stapleton, AL

Stapleton School 2

Posted November 08, 2014
The principal still talks to parents like they are first graders. A teacher belittles a 5 year old in front of the class. They don't use positive reenforcement, they use skittles. Are they serious?

Stapleton School 1

Posted February 01, 2013
My child is going to be removed from this school asap! We have had nothing but problems! the principal talks to the parents as if we are first graders, my child is constantly coming home with bad remarks and now getting him to go to school in the morning is a fight!! I should have just put him in Rockwell to begin with! The teachers say that my child is behind but I have had teachers from other schools evaluate him and they all say that he's right on track!! I would NOT reccommend this school to ANYBODY!

Stapleton School 5

Posted March 07, 2012
Stapleton Elementry is a wonderful school. The administrative staff and teachers are talented caring individuals. The school is equivalent to private school. I have a child who will complete 6th grade this year and a 3rd grader. They are very proud of their school. The gifted education program is excellent. The school has band and afterschool programs, such as violin, guitar, tae kwon do, chorus, chess and others. The sense of pride and smiles on the children and teachers faces make Stapleton Elementary the best.

Stapleton School 0

Posted July 07, 2009
I am a teacher and believe this school is a fantastic place to teach and learn. The students seem excited about the up coming year and the camp on campus during July. I am looking forward to another great year!

Stapleton School 5

Posted November 06, 2007
Stapleton Elem is incredible! I have one child who just completed 6th grade there and one in 4th grade. We have been blessed eachother to have the best teachers who care and go the extra mile for our children. The gifted education program is incredible and the teachers also work one-on-one with challenges and even offer a tutoring program. This is a small town dream school that has a private school feel. The student-teacher ratio is very low. A great kept secret in Baldwin County. Professional staff. Well maintained campus. Awesome staff in all roles.

Stapleton School 4

Posted May 30, 2007
There is no extracurricular activities at this school. They added band in the 2006/2007 school year. I do believe there is a great amount of parental involvement in the school. The grounds are always clean and tidy. Overall the school could use a lot more action, a little more leadership, but is a good school.

Stapleton School 1

Posted February 26, 2007
I thought that it was going to be wonderful that it is such a small school but it has actually been a hindrance. Academically they are not challenging enough and emotionally my child has not felt comfortable. They DO NOT have any extracurricular activities!!! The principal would be a great middle school principal but NOT an elementary school. The teacher quality is good not great. I would have to say the overall quality of the school is not great. In fact my kids will not be attending Stapleton next year, I am pulling them and putting them in a different school district. Not to say it will be great but it has to be better.

Stapleton School
35480 Harriot Ave, Stapleton, AL  36578
(251) 937-2038
Last modified Stapleton School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Stapleton School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top