Sumiton, AL

Posted August 09, 2010
As a previous student of SEMS I totally recommend the school. I attended the school from 1984 until 1992. I can remember when we had EXTRA classrooms inside the building that were being used for storage. Now that my children are attending SEMS, I am saddened by the fact that they have to have portable classrooms outside the school building because the school isn't large enough to accommodate the number of children that are attending now. The school really needs a new building built for the Junior High. There just isn't enough room in that building for the amount of children that attend school there.

Posted August 06, 2010
We moved to Sumiton 2 years ago and I really like SEMS.The teachers and staff are very helpful and concerned for the well being of the children.The only complaint that I have is the school itself is not big enough for the amount of stundents that they have .Come on Walker County they need a new elem. and high school.

Posted July 22, 2010
My friend and I think that Sumiton is a pretty okay school. There is hardly any bullying, a just say no program the breakfasts and lunches need improvement. And hot water in the restrooms would be nice. And more or bigger classrooms, and bigger hallways. But other than that we give SEMS a thumbs up!

Sumiton Elementary Middle School 5

Posted March 26, 2010
This was the best school. I enjoyed every second. The teachers made learning so fun and very productive in my work. I give it 5 stars!

Sumiton Elementary Middle School

Posted February 27, 2010
I think this is a wonderful school, the principal is very dedicated to this school and the parents. She does not neglect her position.She really cares for the children. and their best interests. The only complaint I have is that it is a shame the board can't find the money to build a bigger school for them.

Sumiton Elementary Middle School 4

Posted October 16, 2009
My son began 1st grade here last year. After a rough start, Ms. Aaron was able to teach him morals, manners and education. She was sweet, but firm. Now, he has Mrs. Black and she has already proven to be a wonderful teacher as well. Other than being overcrowded, SEMS is a wonderful school.

Sumiton Elementary Middle School 5

Posted July 08, 2009
This school is great. The education here is outstanding. Also everyone is very welcoming.

Sumiton Elementary Middle School 4

Posted May 14, 2009
My son went to DFBK for 4-year old kindergarten, which was a blessing when he started kindergarten at SEMS. I was horrifed with his kindergarten teacher and he entered first grade with a K-4 education. Had he not attended DFBK, he would have been held back in kindergarten. Now we have an excellent first grade teacher (thank the Lord!). He is fully prepared to enter second grade. He also has been on the honor roll every six weeks! We were truly blessed to have Ms. Aaron this year and are sad to leave her. I look forward to the next seven years here.

Sumiton Elementary Middle School 1

Posted January 07, 2009
the school itself leaves alot to be desired. Too many children and not enough qualified teachers. Most of the disiplinary actions are one sided or only applied to certain children. It is sickening to watch other local cities do so much for their children, and sumiton lack so in the area of our youth.

Posted August 14, 2008
I was very hesitant about my children going to school at Sumiton Elem/Middle because of the overcrowded conditions but they are doing as good of a job as anyone can do under the circumstances. The Board needs to get to work and come up with a plan to build a new school for the area. The school currently has approx. 900 children in a 500 children facility and the spread of headlice, staff and other illnesses is too severe because of this fact. Despite all of the obstacles, my children appear to be quite happy here.

Sumiton Elementary Middle School
275 1st St North, Sumiton, AL  35148
Last modified Sumiton Elementary Middle School is a Public school that serves grades PK-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sumiton Elementary Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top