Tarrant Middle School

Public | 7-9 | 309 students

Sweep tile

Posted May 31, 2013

I just want them to answer the phone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RIDICULOUS!!!!! Seriously Tarrant school people???? Seriously??? I've been calling all morning...every number I can find...and NOTHING!!! Not even an adequate voicemail service!!! UGH!!!

Posted June 4, 2012

I am a student in the 6th grade and so far in tarrant it just does not seem right. I ve heard stories about this school and I still have high school to accomplish sadly I will have to face both schools but try your best to pull your children/child out of this school

Posted July 23, 2010

This is a new school year .If we as parents start off the school year by supporting the teachers and principals this could be the best year ever so lets make this school one of the best in the state of Alabama ,So listen to your children and pray with them daily by:Veronica Freeman

Posted November 6, 2009

I think Tarrant School system is very very poor!!!!!!!!!!! they put to much time into the student's uniforms and shoes that they are not focusing on their education. I am not pleased with this school, I pull my child out of the bham school system , thinking that they would get a good education at this school, wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate this school and the people who is running it. I will be pulling my child out of this school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted March 17, 2009

hi im a 7th grade student. i belive that they spend more time on disipline than the actual work. im from brooklyn ny and got a better education there then here. i get wrote up for some dumb stuff like a untucked shirt. do not send your kids there!

Posted August 21, 2007

I have two children in the Tarrant school system, both in Middle School. This is the second week of school and I have yet to receive any information from their teachers. Every other school has had some type of open house, but Tarrant has not. My 5th graders class has been changed and the only way we as parents found out about it is through our child.

Posted April 27, 2006

I can honestly say Thank goodness my son is out of this school now & attending a 100% better one. He now loves school again & does so much better ! If you have a choice Trust me you don't want your child here.It has really went down hill Big time!My kids attented this system for about 7 years & when the school lost the last Principal it started going bad. Rules were not enforced for all & even parents are not shown respect when you go to the office with an issue. If this site had the ability to rate in the negatives for this school I would do so.

Posted June 20, 2005

I had left a post in 2-04 and have since moved, that was the best thing I could have done for my kids! They actually enjoy school again and don't fear going now. I grew up in Tarrant, and it was so sad to see it go down the way it has. All I can do is wish anyone well with kids there. In the last year my girls were there, so many things happened that I was about to home school them had our house there not sold. Best move I ever made!

Posted February 8, 2005

i have gone to tarrant for 4 years and this school was great for 3rd 4th and 5th. 5th was great no bullies(majority) 6th grade student.

Posted August 19, 2004

My child has been in tarrant since kinderg. I feel that the schools have gone down and are overcrowded. But I feel like this yr they are really trying to enforce certain issues and if parents would stop letting their kids run over them and the school. Maybe we would draw in a better class of people and businesses which would benefit everyone . I just feel like the reason the school has problems with alot of kids is because we have too many parents who dont discipline them and try to get them to do better. There are alot of our kids who are good and make excellent grades in school but those that dont get a grip on their kids end up hurting everyone else. We see improvement and we are going to stick it out and see if it gets better.

Posted June 28, 2004

I dont like how the principal treat you. I don't like how they show favortism. This school hold a lot of secrets that never really get out. They act mean in from of students and then nice in front of parents and I just dont think thats right.

Posted May 18, 2004

This school does not rate any stars from this family. The faculty have no control over these kids. The majority are from homes where the parents don't care what they do or what trouble they get into. The faculty is very weak and apathetic therefore there is no order unless it is in a faculty member's best interest. I was apalled when I saw the cirriculum for my child's grade level. It does'nt cover as much as it should for that grade level and the classes are over populated. My child is not a habitual discipline problem therefore my child's (among many others)academic needs get overlooked. There is gang activity and racial tension to boot. Hopefully we will be able to move to a better school system soon. This one has turned into a lost cause.

Posted March 31, 2004

Tarrant is one of the worst schools! I go there and I was a super math student but until the 8th grade I was barely getting by. There are fights almost every day and the school is just to crowded. Whats worse is that a lot of teachers don't even try to help there students who have a hard time. Ther is vandalisim everywhere. Children are always being made fun of. The teachers are not teaching the right curriculum half the time. What we should have learned in 6th grade we are learning in 8th. The good teachers have their hands full with trying to keep the class in order. I have had the worst time in Tarrant Middle, and I don't recommend it

Posted February 5, 2004

This is my daughters first year at the middle school and it has not been an enjoyable year! She loved the elementary school but this year everything changed. The kids are unruly and downright mean (the majority) and it doesn't help that the teachers have 30 kids per class. No chance for one on one time and they cannot control the kids. She has started to really dread going. Hopefully this is our last year here.

Posted April 30, 2003

My child fears going to this school, he's been threatened made fun of and I feel like some of the teachers dread coming to work each day so they take it out on the wrong kids.I know the school is not a babysitting service but there really need to be cameras in this school.and I;ve asked for help on my child's grades, huh, no such luck. I'm in the dark about a lot of things. Helpless in tarrant!

Math

The state average for Math was 73% in 2012.

95 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 86% in 2012.

95 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Scale: % level 3 or 4

In 2011-2012 Alabama used the Alabama Reading and Mathematics Test (ARMT) to test students in grades 3 through 8 in reading and math. The ARMT is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Alabama. The goal is for all students to score at or above the state standard.

Math

The state average for Math was 79% in 2012.

82 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2012.

82 students were tested at this school in 2012.

All Students33%

Proficient in English72%
Non-migrant72%
Poverty70%
Scale: % level 3 or 4

The different student groups are identified by the Alabama Department of Education. If there are fewer than 10 students in a particular group, the state doesn't report data for that group.

All Students40%

Proficient in English63%
Non-migrant62%
Poverty60%

Science

The state average for Science was 76% in 2012.

94 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Scale: % level 3 or level 4

In 2011-2012 Alabama used the Alabama Science Assessment (ASA) to test students in grades 5 and 7 in science. The ASA is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Alabama. The goal is for all students to score at or above proficiency level 3.

Science

• Mr Walter Lee Womack
Fax number
  • (205) 849-3726

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Targeted Assistance program (TAS)

Apply now