Bad
Good

I would never send a child to Hatton. If you are looking for a school for your child, keep on looking. This school is all about clicks. Bullying is allowed by students as well as teachers. Also, as for the athletics, if you child is in the click and his/her parents are on all boards then your child will get to play. If your family can't afford the newest phone, clothes or car, then they will be picked on, Don't do your child an injustice and send them to Hatton. While they have had some success in the past in the girl's sports, that like I said is in the past! Football, baseball, basketball is a joke because the kids in the click get more playing time!

Hatton has numourous academic awards to support the fact that it is a great public school. Recently Hatton high received the Bronze award from Newsweek Magazine and a letter of commendation from the governor. This ranks Hatton High in the top 8 percent of schools in the United States.

I believe that Hatton High School is a wonderful school! The teachers, the principal, and the students work hard to keep test scores at the top and athletics at the top. They have statistics to back that up as well. Our test scores were in the top 8%, and we have won somewhere around 10 state championships. No one can argue with that!!

Hatton is a great school in a great rural community. The academic level is extremely high compared to most other schools in Alabama. Also, the athletic programs are very competitive as a whole.

As a current student at Hatton High i find our education standards much lower and discreet than those of other schools our size that are able to provide so much more than what we offer. I find it ridiculous the mens by which our school operates whether problems with the community, education, classes, and athletics. Conflicts between students are not solved in the proper way and soemtimes our faculty allow themselves to be pushed around. I don't approve of the relatives bewteen the teachers all working here at the same time. My kids will not ever attend this school .

Hatton is a place for critisim in many aspects. It does have a few good teachers, however they do cater to the atheletes. It is more of a popularity contest with the faculty than it is for a greater understanding of knowledge. There could definately be potential if a restructering of the faculty and staff occured. However if things stay the same Hatton will never be a place that I would consider sending my children. I attended this school but I am not one bit enthused to say that I did. From my own experience I can say that there is alot more that goes on than meets the eye. If you want you children to know what the 'real world' is like, or what most of the parents say. Send them there, but they will be taking remedial classes when they start to college.

I am a parent of two students at Hatton High School! I fee this has been a great school for them to learn and grow! All schools have there problems, but at this one each issue I know of has been handled fairly! Great people at a great school! Just because your child says one thing always remember to follow up on the 'Rest of the story'

Great teachers, Great Principal, Great student body!!

Hatton High School is horrible please avoid it at all costs. All the emphasis is on athletics. I was the starting quarterback for the football team in 2005 and believe me, all the faculty cares about is catering to athletes. I feel as if they simply passed me b/c of my position in the image of the school. No one wants a QB who cant even pass his classes. Not to mention the students have no morals! IT all happens here, and the community turns a blind eye to in, citing that boys will be boys...it makes mesick to think I once attended school here.

Last modified Hatton High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.