Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 04, 2016
ELES has been great for my grandson! Although he is only in the 2nd grade, every teacher he has had so far has made him feel special and overcome his anxiety issues. He is finishing up this year with straight A's and it's because each teacher has encouraged him to do his best. I hope he continues to have wonderful teachers in the years ahead.

East Lawrence Elementary School 5

Posted July 22, 2014
East Lawrence is awesome!!! My daughter has been to two other schools and they were awful!! Here they consider my daughter's medical needs and we stay on the same page. My daughter misses alot of school due to doctors appointments but is never behind because the school works with us. I could not ask for a better school or staff.

East Lawrence Elementary School 5

Posted July 11, 2013
I was so happy to get my kids into East Lawrence Elementary school. My daughter had been in Decatur City schools & was getting left behind. Once we got her into East Lawrence she started improving almost immediately. When she started in 2nd grade her reading level was a 0.9. At the end of the school year she was up to 2.8!

East Lawrence Elementary School 2

Posted April 29, 2013
ELES does have some great teachers, but also have some that don't need to be there. They don't want to take the time some children need to help them. They don't want parents involved. They say they do, but they treat them like they don't belong there when they get there to help! Most of the time they don't even speak to them when they go in. They don't keep parents informed of special events, etc. Would look at other options.

East Lawrence Elementary School 1

Posted December 09, 2010
East Lawrence High School does not have enough text books for each child to take home to study.

East Lawrence Elementary School 1

Posted September 08, 2009
There is not enough communication from the school concerning my child. My child dropped 20 conduct points in one 9 weeks and the teacher never once notified me that there was a problem. When I saw it on the report card the teacher couldn't give me any specific details as to what went wrong. My child was also doing poorly in reading and math. I asked for more communication but when I did get feedback from the teacher it was always 'off task' or 'didn't follow directions' very vague and short. I attended several parent teacher conferences but they always seem to go nowhere. I'm very disappointed in the school. We are supposed to work together to give these kids the education they deserve but it feels like it's very one sided. This is the school I attended and graduated from but it seems completely different now that I'm the parent.

Posted September 04, 2009
I love this school. Mrs. Satchell is a vey sweet teacher. All the staff works really hard to make a great school. As long as they keep up the hard work we will have a good school. Goooooooo Eagles!

Posted May 19, 2008
My child is thriving at East Lawrence and she loves it! For us, that is the first consideratio; however, we've also been impressed by the high achademic srequirements and the dedication of the teachers and principal.

263 County Rd 370, Trinity, AL  35673
Last modified East Lawrence Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.