Bad
Good

Paine Intermediate isn't a great school . There is no leadership the school its ran by heartless/ uncaring teenagers. I wouldn't recommend this school to anyone that has high standards for education . People down play Bham City Schools a lot but in my experience they are Waaaay better than Paine. Heartless Leaders:-(

I wouldn't recomend this school. They are great at yesing you to death, but you never see any action or changes. I feel they spend to much time trying to make all children fit into the same box. Watching the hall ways there is far more crowd control going on than attention to students individual needs. There is a coldness from some of the staff, they don't like answering questions and are not good at communicating with parents in detail. They expect everyone to read their website. Im not interested in a website, Im interested in hearing from my childs teacher one on one, in detail. If they don't have the time, they need more teachers. We have since gone private and are now getting the education we had expected from Paine. Its very over rated.

My child has attended Paine from kindergarten through 5th grade and we love this school! I have worked as a teacher in other school systems in Alabama and this one is one of the very best schools. While there is no such thing as a perfect school this school strives continually to exceed the educational and emotional needs of my child. My child loves school and we are thankful that our school has fostered this love of knowledge and learning.

Paine Intermediate is filled with compassionate teachers. It is clearly evident that the teachers are primarily concerned with the educational and emotional aspects of their students. I have been extremely impressed with their effort and concern to meet the needs of my children.

I have been impressed with Paine Intermediate's excellent teachers, principals, and arts and physical education. My son is excited to tell me what he has learned each day and is eager to go to school. All educators involved with him communicate regularly with me via email. If I have a concern, I can voice it and it will be addressed respectfully and timely. My son enjoys school and looks forward to learning--what more could I ask for?

The school continues to fail in allowing access to performance data for my child. Their objective is to provide no data or written data performed by the student so as to not raise red flags for poor performance, thus limiting the school system and teachers liability. The school system appears to use a method of maintaining higher scoring is to artificially classify students as learning disabled in certain areas to exempt the system from actually teaching students who struggle in a given subject matter. Parents are not allowed to sit and view a day in the lives of their child while school is in session to ascertain enough information to use against the system for failure to actually teach their kids or to allow a parent to objectively decide whether or not they wish to continue their childrens education in that system. These assumptions based administrations current actions.

This school is fantastic at public relations. In reality parents are starting to organize to protest some major academic and safety issues that the staff refuses to even acknowledge. They say the right things, unfortunately they do absolutely nothing.

Last modified Paine Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 3-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.