Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Student (1 response)

Hewitt-Trussville High School 2

Posted June 15, 2016
I have been in the Trussville school system since 4th grade, I will be entering my sophomore year and I must say after reading all of these comments I'm amazed by how much the high school has improved. I'm definitely not saying it's perfect and I agree with all or the reviews stating how cookie cutter the students are. I myself am in the "artsy emo weirdos" crowd and I'm generally quiet. Countless times have I walked in the hallway and heard, racist, homophobic, and misogynist comments thrown around. On top of that I've gone to this school for almost 7 years and been in classes with generally the same people and still some of them haven't even bothered to learn how to spell my name, much less even ask me what my name is. I've had teachers over the years who are outstanding and genuinely care for students well being while other couldn't care less how well you do in their class. I am pleased with how the arts much the arts are funded at the high school compared to the middle and elementary school. At least at the high school our choir has actual books for each person (even though they were donated), in the middle school we had to share, ripped up, 5 year old music. The arts need to be funded much more though, our school strives to be an athletic school, but we just aren't. It doesn't matter how much you fund sports, you aren't going to magically make the students Olympic material. If you would just fund the arts more I promise we have potential. Anyway closing my rant by saying if you aren't a cookie cutter athlete, you'll definitely be looked down upon by your peers and some teachers, this school is need major need of fine arts funding and teaching students and teachers) to be more open minded.

Develops grit: Disagree

Posted June 15, 2016
Due to the amount of mental breakdowns I've had due to the rudeness of my peers mixed with the insane amount of work, I can definitely say that I've have completely run out of determination

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted August 16, 2015
It doesn't foster respect in or from the students. Terrible place to go to school.

Hewitt-Trussville High School 2

Posted August 16, 2015
I had 4 children graduate from HTHS. One was in the high IQ, but because she was shy and not athletic, was virtually ignored. Thankfully, she had a close group of core friends.The teachers and staff are very biased towards athletes, cheerleaders, and that certain elite group. My second is very artsy, thinks outside of the box, and it was years of them trying to make her conform. No new ideas are acceptable. They only want conformity, even in art classes.My last two dealt with dishonest teachers, and parents that would do anything they could to put their child above yours. With a few exceptions, teachers and staff are uncaring, and not very good at teaching. I had one teacher that did not even notice, for an entire month, that one daughter had on a cast from toes to knee. Asked me why my child was late for class, when mt daughter had an excuse .After they graduated, my children, threw away any and all memorabilia, including annuals. This is nothing but a school in Peyton Place or Harper Valley. Take a look at how many, even with B's in subjects, end up in remedial classes in college.

Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted August 11, 2015
A small handful of teachers are committed to developing their students into well rounded adults, while the rest meander during classes and wait for their next paycheck.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted August 11, 2015
It all varies on what classes you take. The advanced classes always get more homework than the general students, but that's solely because the advanced are more capable to handle the greater work load.

Develops grit: Disagree

Posted August 11, 2015
There is no such thing as a new experience within the school's walls, as most students will likely end up in a public university within the state after graduation.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted August 11, 2015
It does if you fit the Christian, upper middle class, Conservative Republican mold. If you're one that's different and doesn't fit the mold, then the school will stomp all over you.

Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted August 11, 2015
It only develops said characteristics if you're within the higher end of the hierarchy .

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted August 11, 2015
I can barely agree because the social hierarchy is heavily present within the student body and faculty and denying that it's so incredibly prevalent is a pathetic lie.

6450 Husky Parkway, Trussville, AL  35173
Last modified Hewitt-Trussville High School is a Public school that serves grades 10-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.