Tuscaloosa, AL

Central High School 3

Posted August 15, 2013
I have experienced a lack of genuine concern from the principals and some of the teachers I have come in contact with. It seems if you are NOT from Tuscaloosa or attended Central H.S. then you are treated as if you don't exist. If you are a good parent trying to stay involved BUT if you are NOT part of the clicks then you are pushed to the side. You cannot be outspoken and a go getter unless you are part of the click or town. How do you teach the children to stick together and work together if some of the faculty and parents don't???? I am SOOO disappointed at the treatment from the Principal and some of the faculty!!

Posted March 27, 2010
I think that central high school is an wondeful school. And alot of parents dont want it to close down. If you send those childrens over to bryant and northridge then its going to make the schools worst. When the schools became split then the schools became again. I dont blame the students i blamed the city board. If these school wasnt split and still one big school then we could had all of these students working together and instead of against each other. You send the kids from central over to thos other schools and then see how much promblems you are going to have then. Leave them kids where they at and hire some more security for the schools. Have them walk threw detectors or some everyday before school start.

Central High School 2

Posted October 02, 2007

Posted September 03, 2006
- a former student
I think the New Central High School is the best school in the Tuscaloosa City School System. This year, the school is runned by confident, professional, hard working individuals.

Central High School 2

Posted December 13, 2005
I have experienced a lack of genuine concern from the principals and some of the teachers I have come in contact with . I have tried to addess issues of concerns with them. I am not asking them to agree but to let me express my concerns regarding my child that attends Central. I have made several phone calls and left messages only to have my calls not returned. I feel that anyone in a profession of teaching others should be concerned that the student is acutally learning. We put a lot of interest in preparing for college, but first we have to have a foundation from high school to build on. This is my child's final year in school and we am elated because seemingly each year the personnel become more distant. I feel personnel should be open with parents, if not, the system cannot progress.

Posted June 07, 2004
- a former student

Central High School
905 15th St, Tuscaloosa, AL  35401
Last modified Central High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Central High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top