Posted January 11, 2014
Rigorous instruction, but a welcoming environment where it is evident that they truly love my children. Excellent school.

Posted July 29, 2013
Holy Spirit Catholic School has provided my three children with the best quality education. The school offers a structured academic program that my children have benefitted from ever since they started in preschool and moved on to the elementary, middle and high school levels. Plenty of enrichment activities, fine arts and athletic opportunities have given my children a well rounded experience. I recommend Holy Spirit to anyone who is looking for a safe, Christian environment with excellent academic standards and achievements.

Posted June 06, 2013
Holy Spirit is an amazing school! The teachers are of the highest quality, the administration is top notch, and for the first time I truly feel that my children are safe and loved at school. We have never experienced any bullying issues and have always had the most positive of experiences with our teachers. There is no other school in Tuscaloosa that I would consider sending my children to. The price is reasonable, academics are very strong, all students are offered fine-arts as well as sports. Very well rounded and not at all pretentious. Highly recommend.

Holy Spirit Catholic Regional School 1

Posted April 10, 2013
Do you want your kindergartener to get bullied? Do you want to fear for your child's safety? Do you want the teacher to be dismissive about your concerns? If so, this is the school for you. It's really sad when a fairly expensive private school that claims to be "Christian" and honor the dignity of every person is more concerned with its own liability and own image that with the safety of the children who are there. My kindergartener was bullied and they were not only dismissive, they adopted a blame the victim mentatiity. The teachers are arrogant and condescending (for no good reason) and refuse to address any parental concerns.

Posted February 01, 2013
Have 2 children who attend(ed) -- one graduated and received many full-scholarship offers from some of the best universities, and another still at Holy Spirit -- I must say this school does it right. The priority was on providing a great educational experience for my children in an environment that is safe, loving, non-bullying, very family oriented, and free from public school politics. Compared to all other area private and public schools this school gets students ready to win in college and in life. Really liked the fact that the school was always top rated in terms of Standardized Testing (ACT, etc). Also, as a non-Catholic, was very pleased that the school had a large ratio of other non-Catholics. While Christian-based in its approach to education they didn't try to Evangelize everything from a "Catholic-only" point of view. Even knew many of the school board members who were non-Catholic. Did not like two other area private schools. One definitely had a 'we're rich snobs' vibe. The other over-emphasized Athletics to the point that talented Jocks were like gods and other students either fell in line with the hero-worship toward them or were shunned by their peers.

Posted August 19, 2011
The review below is for the school in Huntsville, AL. For some reason this site only displays the Tuscaloosa school. Sorry for any confusion. Maybe it can still help someone : )

Posted August 28, 2010
We have three children at Holy Spirit and are very pleased with the level of academics and the family-like atmosphere of the school that we've observed over the several years that our kids have been there. Although we are not Catholic, we feel that this is the best school for our children. The curriculum does not focus exclusively on reading & math in the early grades as is done in some other schools. The students study science and social studies starting in the first grade. (Students also have computer, music, art, and PE classes.) It is a very well-rounded program and this is reflected in the students' test scores.

Posted June 02, 2010
Great school and learning environment. Parents are very involved. I would highly recommend this school.

Holy Spirit Catholic Regional School 0

Posted March 13, 2010
I think this school is a wonderful way for children to learn with quality ,disciplin e, fun and in a familiar way. I love it!

Posted February 19, 2010

Holy Spirit Catholic Regional School
601 James I Harrison Jr Parkway, Tuscaloosa, AL  35405
Last modified Holy Spirit Catholic Regional School is a Private school that serves grades 7-12
Holy Spirit Catholic Regional School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top