PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

My child graduated from here a couple of years ago. ACA is a pretty good school..not great.. but could be great if they would make some adjustments. Safety and discipline is a priority so my child always felt safe. Overall the academics are average. Math and English are very good at the high school level. However, the sciences are NOT good. The headmaster and his wife run the school. Rumor has it that there is a school board, but I never EVER knew who the board members were. Their names were never publicized. There is no PTO. Athletics are a big big deal and too high of a priority in my opinion. There is no debate club, no math team etc..., Athletes are so esteemed that it sets the tone for the social strata among the children. ACA seems to be trying to grow their fine arts department but it's a slow go. I do like the emphasis on travel as a part of the educational experience. The school offers some great trips at each grade level. These trips are very economical. I would give the overall experience at the school a B-. My child was ready for college and that is important.

My husband and I are extremely pleased and more so blessed that we have been able to send our children to ACA. While they is no "perfect" school, we think ACA is the perfect balance for our family. I have read in other reviews that this is an "athletic" school. Well sure they offer an assortment of sports for the children to participate in, but is sports their emphasis? Absolutely not.. Academics and biblical teaching supersedes the latter. My oldest just graduated from ACA and did not participate in sports. He graduated with a 4.0 and scholarship to the University of Alabama and spent his summer leading a Christian camp. My 2nd oldest doesn't participate in sports either but rather a leader in his Bible class. He's also a 4.0 straight A student. My 3rd he's young but makes all A's too with tests and homework everyday. School is a partnership between teachers and the parents. The education and values my children have been taught here are priceless. To have a school reinforce the morals and values you try and teach your children at home is invaluable. ACA is a perfect balance.

Our child went to ACA for preschool and we were very disappointed. They appeared to have no understanding or experience in dealing with gifted children. When first enrolled, they told us they would be teaching Spanish and made other promises that were not fulfilled. I was not impressed by their academics. Their main focus appears to be athletics...

ACA was a great place as far as faculty is concerned. But the study habits I did not learn have made it hard to adjust to college life. The curriculum is extremely limited. It is more of an athletics school. And it is not a "non-denominational" Christian school. It is heavily Baptist influenced. But there were not many fights, so I felt safe there. I think there might've been less than 5 during my seven years there. And none were out of hand. Ever.

The faculty and staff of ACA partner with parents to promote their children's Christian and academic growth. Their pride and dedication shows!

Last modified American Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12