Bad
Good

Posted July 27, 2010
I really enjoyed my boys going to Colbert Heights Elementary. They both had Mrs. Rutherford and she is a wonderful teacher i couldn't have asked for anyone else better .

Posted May 05, 2008
I am continuously impressed by Colbert Heights Elementary School. My child started 1st grade with only what reading skills he acquired in Kindergarten. By Christmas he was not only reading accurately at 50 words a minute he was readying fluently. I can t imagine sending my kids anywhere else. This great group of dedicated teachers working hard to ensure an education for our children deserves your thanks every time you have the pleasure of visiting the school. Thank you.. Mrs. Rutherford and Mr. Montgomery! I sincerely appreciate all you do.

Posted October 11, 2007
I absolutely love Colbert Heights!! All the teachers are so great and caring! You honestly feel like everyone is family! And my son is learning so much! I am delighted he is in such a caring, Christian environment!

Posted September 26, 2007
Colbert Heights Elementary is a great school for our children. There are teachers that truly care for the kids and want to see them excel. My husband and I both went to Colbert Heights K-12 and now both of our children are there. I am glad they are able to be in such a loving, Christian environment. Thanks for the great job you all do!

Posted June 17, 2007
we have a great school with teachers that are christians and caring. /

Posted August 02, 2006
My son has been to 5 schools in 5 years. He has excelled in this school. He has felt more at home and happier to be in school than he has since kindergarten. The teachers here really do care about each and every child and they show it. My son will finish his school career at Colbert Heights.

Posted July 01, 2004
I am not a parent of a student, but, I was a day time parent of 22 'precious, mischevious, and unique' 9 and 10 year olds at ches. It was a pleasure to intern at this school, work as a para-educator, and finally teach my first full year at such a fine school. I have lived in the colbert heights area for 27 years, since I was 6, and always thought the school lacked in the education that was offered. Honestly, 'colbert heights elementary is the best kept secret in colbert county'! I will pray to be a part of this school again, as I am non-tenured and will be just another applicant. If you have children of school age, make sure you take the time to visit the right classrooms to see what is going on. The teachers at CHES will make a differece in your childs school life.

Posted August 25, 2003
I have 3 kids that attend Colbert Heights. My oldest was barely getting by at his old school in Tuscaloosa which was a city school. Now I don't think he has made a B since last year. I think Colbert Heights is a great school. Keep up the good work.

Posted August 10, 2003
I have 2 son's that are starting their second year at this school and we love it! When my oldest son started the 5th grade here last year he was still on a 4th grade reading level. By the end of the year he was on a 6th year/7th month level. My youngest son was really struggling in reading. At the start of 2nd grade he was still on a 1st grade/2nd month level. By the end of the year he had improved to a 3rd grade/1st month level. With his improvement in reading he finished the school year on the AB Honor Roll!!! I can't thank the staff there enough for what they have done to help my children. Melinda McKleroy (Brandon & Cody)

1551 Sunset Dr, Tuscumbia, AL  35674
Last modified Colbert Heights Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.