Union Grove Elementary School 2

Posted August 06, 2009
I believe there are pros and cons to every school. The main goal in life as a parent is to readily prepare my children for the outside world. Case and point, my child attended UG for 3 years and transfered to another small school inside the city. She tested below average when arriving (head of her class at UG)and was told she had a lot of catching up to do. We worked very hard over the summer and she is now in the gifted program!!! Go the extra mile for your child, check scores, and stop worrying about who knows who and who does what. Education is what matters. I sometimes think parents are more concerned with how much pull they may have at that school and sacrifice their childs education. Your childs education will jumpstart their career!! UG's scores are below average and I believe I made the best choice.

Union Grove Elementary School 0

Posted November 30, 2008
This is my son's first year at Union Grove. For the past few years he attended another local school. My wife and I felt that his academic needs where not being met so we transfer him this year. Yes Union Grove is a small school in a poorer area of town but this does not affect the education that the school provides. Despite what some people believe the teachers at this school have meet the No Child Left Behind policy and meet the Highly qualified requirements. My only regret is that we waited to transfer/move our child until this year.

Union Grove Elementary School 0

Posted July 24, 2008
My son is in third grade this year and I think Union Grove is and excellent school. My son was considered for the gifted program and I really feel that the teachers spend time with each and every student there focusing on their good skills and helping them improve in areas they need help in.

Posted September 26, 2007
I have a child in Kindergarten this year. He started UG last year in the pre-K program. He loves this school and everyone seems to know him. It's nice to know that the teachers are more family oriented than 'strict' school oriented. I have enjoyed my 2 years as a UG mom. The teachers I have come into contact with seem to enjoy working for this school system.

Posted October 28, 2006
I have two children attending this school. Both of our children love their teachers and the environment here. My daughter has consistently finished in the top of her class every year and my son is following suit. All schools have their issues,the biggest one for our entire school system is funding. The main cause for the lack of funds is that the surrounding cities are breaking off and forming their own systems. This school handles very well with the funds allowed and for six years now I haven't had a problem with the school,parents,busing or teaching methods. James O

Posted September 29, 2004

Union Grove Elementary School 2

Posted March 02, 2004
Parents must be aggressive to get basic equal rights to evaluations and student information. Teachers have more control than the principal. This is a poorer school and rarely has what you need for your child to succeed. The school buses are always late or early, never consistant. The teachers are narrowly educated in problem areas such as ADHD, Special Education, ect. I am very dissatisfied with this school, especially since the reason I chose this school is for the lower student teacher ratio.

Union Grove Elementary School
3685 Union Grove Rd, Union Grove, AL  35175
Last modified Union Grove Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5
Union Grove Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top